Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sausage Dogs

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I have called them sausage dogs since I was a little boy and nobody complained. My neigbour had a sausage dog and let me take it out for walks. Everyone called them either sausage dogs or dashhounds..

But a lady gave me two barrels for calling her dogs sausage dogs...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What if the sausage dogs go rogue Tom?

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Were you flashing your sausage at her at the time?

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"What if the sausage dogs go rogue Tom? "

They become hot dogs?

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"I have called them sausage dogs since I was a little boy and nobody complained. My neigbour had a sausage dog and let me take it out for walks. Everyone called them either sausage dogs or dashhounds..

"

What a silly sausage

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

They are one of the few dogs I like.

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"I have called them sausage dogs since I was a little boy and nobody complained. My neigbour had a sausage dog and let me take it out for walks. Everyone called them either sausage dogs or dashhounds..

"

What a let down! Glanced at the headline and read “sausage” and thought it might be about me haha

So now, to make sure I don’t look like a narcissist, I have to make this comment about dogs.

I’ve got a frenchie x staffy thats a pain in the arse and loves to pee on my bed

over a year ago

"They are one of the few dogs I like. "

I hope the other type is “Rescue Dog” - can be any type you like then.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I would be wary of taking on a rescue dog myself. Not for the feint hearted. You don't know their history and may be attack dogs or devil dogs..

I will leave that to the experts and those that don't mind being bitten...

By *aver999Couple
over a year ago

East Mids

"I would be wary of taking on a rescue dog myself. Not for the feint hearted. You don't know their history and may be attack dogs or devil dogs..

I will leave that to the experts and those that don't mind being bitten..."

Tom be careful what you like, did you not know that Dachshunds are the most aggressive dog bread

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

I assumed it was going to be a post about how sausage dogs are evil dangerous bastards, or that hatred is saved just for the sharks and alligators

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"I would be wary of taking on a rescue dog myself. Not for the feint hearted. You don't know their history and may be attack dogs or devil dogs..

I’m no expert but I took on a rescue dog. Drove down to Southampton to collect her. Her owners said that she wasn’t getting on with their other dog so they had to let her go. They had to sleep in different houses cause it was so bad.

Don’t know what happened to her but if I use the words “what’s that?” then she runs into her cage cowering and shaking. Even if I say it nicely. I gave her a bone and went “awww what’s that?” boom! Off she ran.

She’s starting to get her confidence back though with humans. But she’s aggressive towards all dogs big or little.

And she’s just discovered pissing on my bed! 2 out of the last 3 days luckily the sheets fit in the washing machine. Luckily I had a protective under sheet on the bed lol

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I’m no expert but I took on a rescue dog. Drove down to Southampton to collect her. Her owners said that she wasn’t getting on with their other dog so they had to let her go. They had to sleep in different houses cause it was so bad.

Don’t know what happened to her but if I use the words “what’s that?” then she runs into her cage cowering and shaking. Even if I say it nicely. I gave her a bone and went “awww what’s that?” boom! Off she ran.

She’s starting to get her confidence back though with humans. But she’s aggressive towards all dogs big or little.

And she’s just discovered pissing on my bed! 2 out of the last 3 days luckily the sheets fit in the washing machine. Luckily I had a protective under sheet on the bed lol"

What do you think was her history ?

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

And she’s just discovered pissing on my bed! 2 out of the last 3 days luckily the sheets fit in the washing machine. Luckily I had a protective under sheet on the bed lol

What do you think was her history ?"

I’m not sure. I think the other dog bullied her for certain.

If I had to suggest a reason, judging from how she is, I would say some sort of physical punishment.

The couple I took her from seemed lovely, professional, and they came across as happy people.

So I have no idea.

Ffs she’s just farted and it stinks!!!

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

If I had to suggest a reason, judging from how she is, I would say some sort of physical punishment.

The couple I took her from seemed lovely, professional, and they came across as happy people.

So I have no idea.

Ffs she’s just farted and it stinks!!!"

Funny how the fog reacts to certain words.. humans can be cruel

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

So I have no idea.

Funny how the fog reacts to certain words.. humans can be cruel"

m

Luckily I’ve got two young kids who have more love in them then half the world combined lol

They run with her, play with her, and really treat her as part of the family.

Right now though, she’s lying on my legs gnawing my fingers and trying to basically annoy me haha

over a year ago

I have a little terrier from Macedonia. She was dumped in a car park by her owners. She is the sweetest natured dog and loves everyone. In Eastern Europe many people dump dogs on a whim when they decide they don’t want it. Doesn’t mean the dog has any behavioural issues and generally they thrive when given a forever home and love.

over a year ago

Tom be careful what you like, did you not know that Dachshunds are the most aggressive dog bread"

As a teenager I worked in a quarantine kennels and the only dog that used to bite me when I played with it was a dachshund- always attacked my elbow. They are hunting dogs.

over a year ago

Love daschunds ours is a maniac. Fearless.

over a year ago

So I have no idea.

Ffs she’s just farted and it stinks!!!"

Do you think the dog says this to itself when you let rip?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

This is all reinforcing why I don't want a dog...

over a year ago

"This is all reinforcing why I don't want a dog..."

You should definitely not get a dog if you don’t want one. It’s as big a commitment as having a child.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

That is a bit petty. I too call them sausage dogs and I call Dalmatians spotty dogs and old English sheep dogs delux dogs.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I call them Dulux dogs. I think they are old english sheepdogs or something..

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"This is all reinforcing why I don't want a dog...

You should definitely not get a dog if you don’t want one. It’s as big a commitment as having a child.

"

All they do is dribble, poo and chew.. dogs that is..

Come to think of it ..

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

So I have no idea.

Do you think the dog says this to itself when you let rip? "

She doesn’t even look to see where the noise comes from haha

Maybe she’s just distracted by finding new ways to annoy me?

Aww she’s a sweety really. Frenchie x staffy which means as strong as a staffy but as lazy as a frenchie haha

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Yeah, but Dachshund is hard to pronounce and I feel a prat saying it in a German accent.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I'll call the BadgerDogs in the future.

By *aver999Couple
over a year ago

East Mids

And she’s just discovered pissing on my bed! 2 out of the last 3 days luckily the sheets fit in the washing machine. Luckily I had a protective under sheet on the bed lol"

Our rescue was very aggressive to people & dogs, it takes time but is achievable. He doesn't react to other dogs now just the odd stranger (men) that gets too close.

We then got a second rescue just into lockdown and they had to be kept separated to stop them fighting, three months later they were walking together fine, and now they happily play together.

We still have work to do but it's so rewarding to see the difference.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Our rescue was very aggressive to people & dogs, it takes time but is achievable. He doesn't react to other dogs now just the odd stranger (men) that gets too close.

We then got a second rescue just into lockdown and they had to be kept separated to stop them fighting, three months later they were walking together fine, and now they happily play together.

We still have work to do but it's so rewarding to see the difference. "

#not all men

By *heNYCSausageMan
over a year ago

Everton

"

Our rescue was very aggressive to people & dogs, it takes time but is achievable. He doesn't react to other dogs now just the odd stranger (men) that gets too close. "

One thing I do love about my rescue is her wing dog skills. I was taking her for a walk, she saw someone and dragged me over to her to lick her to death.......nice blonde woman had just moved in over the road. Had a few coffees with her since haha

over a year ago

Last week our daschund decided to go underground chasing a groundhog. You panic when you hear barking under your feet.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I think sausage dogs were bred to hunt rats..

I detest rats with a vengeance

over a year ago

"I think sausage dogs were bred to hunt rats..

I detest rats with a vengeance"

Badgers

over a year ago

Sorry Tom but 'my neighbour has a sausage dog and let's me take it out for walks' is the most obvious euphemism I've seen this week.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"

There ok but I couldn't eat a whole one.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I think sausage dogs were bred to hunt rats..

I detest rats with a vengeance

Badgers "

Badgers? Why badgers?

Bloody TB I imagine

over a year ago

"This is all reinforcing why I don't want a dog...

All they do is dribble, poo and chew.. dogs that is..

Come to think of it .."

Its ok Tom,,I dont think dogs would want you either.

Maybe get a pet Spider

Plant.

By *urham 3 riversMan
over a year ago

Co. Durham

Tom be careful what you like, did you not know that Dachshunds are the most aggressive dog bread"

yes they are Badger killers

over a year ago

Small dog syndrome? Or am I now body shaming the little freaks?..

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Surely a badger would see off a sausage dog

By *ittyandtheboyCouple
over a year ago

Back of the bins.

"

Some people are just dicks.

over a year ago

"Surely a badger would see off a sausage dog"
not mine lol bears skunks oppossum. No fear. Crazy lil guy. They were designed to hunt badgers.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Surely a badger would see off a sausage dog not mine lol bears skunks oppossum. No fear. Crazy lil guy. They were designed to hunt badgers."

Why badgers? Are they good eating?

over a year ago

"

They are called sausage dogs commonly yes, I think in the US they call them wiener dogs

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I can't imagine a dog like a dachshund fighting with a badger and winning.

over a year ago

They are called sausage dogs commonly yes, I think in the US they call them wiener dogs "

Correct weiner dogs.lol

over a year ago

"I can't imagine a dog like a dachshund fighting with a badger and winning."

Mine fought with a skunk. Killed it. Sent a bear into a tree. Brought me a oppossum. Tries unsuccessfully to get the groundhog. Fearless

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So a sausage dog beat a bear...?

What type of bear?

A teddy bear ?

over a year ago

The bear was scared of him.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So a sausage dog beats a grizzly...

What sort of cowardly custard bear was this?

A koala ?

Post new Message to Thread