Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Non of my business, but..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just reading another post and noticed Women won't date a man who still lives with his mother, but will happily date a man who still lives with his wife

Go figure !

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *elpful and caringMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

Who told you this?

By *ed VoluptaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral.

#notallwomen

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Just reading another post and noticed Women won't date a man who still lives with his mother, but will happily date a man who still lives with his wife

Go figure !"

Sounds like a bit of a generalisation. There are some who date men who still live with parents (my 26 year old son & girlfriend live with us)... and most women won't date married men.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If its in the forums .....it must be true.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Just reading another post and noticed Women won't date a man who still lives with his mother, but will happily date a man who still lives with his wife

Go figure !"

A woman.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Go figure !"

Its way more difficult to get em away from their mothers than their wives

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Go figure !"

perhaps it’s because mums are more protective overt their little boys

over a year ago

Go figure !

Its way more difficult to get em away from their mothers than their wives "

Very true.

By *indy SometimesTV/TS
over a year ago

BoxHill

Go figure !

Very true. "

Not quite. I currently live with my mum whilst sorting my divorce. I got stuck here due to the pandemic and believe me there’s nothing I’d like more than to get away from here!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Go figure !"

No you go figure.

over a year ago

Wish I lived with my mum....one of the lads at work (aged 40) lives with his mum gets his packup made for him every day, washing done and she rings him every afternoon to see what time he will be home to run him a bath and what he wants for his tea Why would you need a wife when you already have this.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Wish I lived with my mum....one of the lads at work (aged 40) lives with his mum gets his packup made for him every day, washing done and she rings him every afternoon to see what time he will be home to run him a bath and what he wants for his tea Why would you need a wife when you already have this."

If the only reason you have a wife is to be an unpaid servant you wouldn't need one under those circumstances. If on the other hand your wife is your friend, confidante and lover...

over a year ago

Where did you carry out your survey?

Seems like info you've decided on yourself rather than a fact you're questioning.

Lu

over a year ago

Go figure !

Very true.

Not quite. I currently live with my mum whilst sorting my divorce. I got stuck here due to the pandemic and believe me there’s nothing I’d like more than to get away from here!

"

You might be just the exception. O was mainly thinking of my ex who wouldn't be able to make any serious decisions without consulting his mummy.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Wish I lived with my mum....one of the lads at work (aged 40) lives with his mum gets his packup made for him every day, washing done and she rings him every afternoon to see what time he will be home to run him a bath and what he wants for his tea Why would you need a wife when you already have this."

Precisely Tom .....

The reason that many marriages fail is that men tend to view women as 'doers' for them when the woman stupidly thought she was marrying an adult.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Wish I lived with my mum....one of the lads at work (aged 40) lives with his mum gets his packup made for him every day, washing done and she rings him every afternoon to see what time he will be home to run him a bath and what he wants for his tea Why would you need a wife when you already have this.

Precisely Tom .....

The reason that many marriages fail is that men tend to view women as 'doers' for them when the woman stupidly thought she was marrying an adult. "

I remember when me and my sons dad moved in together. I had no idea that ironing boxers and socks was a thing and apparently shows how much you love them and care about their comfort I did it for a while and then.... well, I decided that actually no, I'm not a clone of his mother nor do I want to be.

Parents don't do their kids any favours. 30 year old that can't boil an egg or use a washing machine etc. I think it's really sad.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Wish I lived with my mum....one of the lads at work (aged 40) lives with his mum gets his packup made for him every day, washing done and she rings him every afternoon to see what time he will be home to run him a bath and what he wants for his tea Why would you need a wife when you already have this.

Precisely Tom .....

The reason that many marriages fail is that men tend to view women as 'doers' for them when the woman stupidly thought she was marrying an adult.

I remember when me and my sons dad moved in together. I had no idea that ironing boxers and socks was a thing and apparently shows how much you love them and care about their comfort I did it for a while and then.... well, I decided that actually no, I'm not a clone of his mother nor do I want to be.

Parents don't do their kids any favours. 30 year old that can't boil an egg or use a washing machine etc. I think it's really sad.

"

One of my brothers moved back in with my parents in his 40s. He didn't ask but my mother did everything for him. His lunch boxes were the envy of his work mates. Eventually my father had words and I don't blame him. It was as if she was trying to prove something

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Precisely Tom .....

One of my brothers moved back in with my parents in his 40s. He didn't ask but my mother did everything for him. His lunch boxes were the envy of his work mates. Eventually my father had words and I don't blame him. It was as if she was trying to prove something"

I can understand it when it's temporary. I do get the "nesting?" thing when my son comes to visit and when my ex stayed. I was excited to cook for them, to make sure their washing was done and when my ex stayed at mine for a week coz he was working locally I got up early to make him breakfast every morning. That was because it felt a bit like a holiday almost, but it wouldn't be the case long term. Fuuuuuuck that.

over a year ago

Precisely Tom .....

One of my brothers moved back in with my parents in his 40s. He didn't ask but my mother did everything for him. His lunch boxes were the envy of his work mates. Eventually my father had words and I don't blame him. It was as if she was trying to prove something"

Maybe she's from a time when 'mum' was a job. Maybe she misses feeling appreciated/ needed. I'd imagine it leaves quite a hole in the soul.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If the only reason you have a wife is to be an unpaid servant you wouldn't need one under those circumstances. If on the other hand your wife is your friend, confidante and lover..."

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Precisely Tom .....

One of my brothers moved back in with my parents in his 40s. He didn't ask but my mother did everything for him. His lunch boxes were the envy of his work mates. Eventually my father had words and I don't blame him. It was as if she was trying to prove something

Maybe she's from a time when 'mum' was a job. Maybe she misses feeling appreciated/ needed. I'd imagine it leaves quite a hole in the soul. "

My mother is a "complicated" woman, I'll leave it there.

Post new Message to Thread