Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bloody chemist's

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why the hell do they insist on asking you for your address (when the place is full of dodgy looking strangers) before handing you the prescription ffs

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

even worst when they shout your phone number

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Make sure the right person picks up the right prescription possibly???

over a year ago

" even worst when they shout your phone number "

Thank feck I haven't had that yet

over a year ago

"Make sure the right person picks up the right prescription possibly???"

DOB?

over a year ago

As a pharmacist myself it's the protocol we're told to follow however we are supposed to ask in a way to ensure patients can answer discretely, This should be told to all staff but must have not been the case in the pharmacy you visited

I would advise to phone up and ask for a note to be put on your bag label to ensure only D.O.B is asked for in future and not address.

over a year ago

"As a pharmacist myself it's the protocol we're told to follow however we are supposed to ask in a way to ensure patients can answer discretely, This should be told to all staff but must have not been the case in the pharmacy you visited

I would advise to phone up and ask for a note to be put on your bag label to ensure only D.O.B is asked for in future and not address."

Surely protocol should be D.O.B. instead of the address for privacy and safety reasons?

over a year ago

I've had two occasions (in 6 months of work) where two patients had the same or similar name and same date of birth, if there are multiple people at the same address with the same name this would normally be marked on the bag label to ensure we check which person is collecting

I suppose it's just the standard operating protocol for 99% of pharmacies, although asking address loudly (or any info for that manner) would be a GDPR issue regardless

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"Why the hell do they insist on asking you for your address (when the place is full of dodgy looking strangers) before handing you the prescription ffs "
get it delivered most pharmacies have a delivery service

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

went pick up my meds, girl asked for my address, told her what it was, she went in the back and returned 60 seconds later with my meds, asked my address again, I said it's the same address as i told her 60 seconds ago as I hadn't moved in the last 60 seconds .... apparently i'm fucking rude

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

" went pick up my meds, girl asked for my address, told her what it was, she went in the back and returned 60 seconds later with my meds, asked my address again, I said it's the same address as i told her 60 seconds ago as I hadn't moved in the last 60 seconds .... apparently i'm fucking rude"
perhaps the sarcastic way you replied to her could of come across as rude perhaps you could of just repeated you’re address for her bearing in mind it’s her job to ask even 60 seconds later

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

" went pick up my meds, girl asked for my address, told her what it was, she went in the back and returned 60 seconds later with my meds, asked my address again, I said it's the same address as i told her 60 seconds ago as I hadn't moved in the last 60 seconds .... apparently i'm fucking rude"

Yes, yes you are very.

Post new Message to Thread