FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Olympic stadium - anyone watched an event there?

Jump to newest

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man
over a year ago

folkestone

As i couldnt get a ticket to any of the athletics events, i watched it on tv, and was amazed by the noise that the crowd seems to generate. Has anyone been lucky enough to watch an event there yet? - is it as noisy as it appears on tv?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

in addition to the good question by the OP ...

it sounds like they have music playing all the time through the PA (except of course when announcements and medal ceremonies are occuring) ... is that really the case?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I was there yesterday for the am/pm session and it was amazing every time a Team GB athlete was announced. As well as when they performed or entered or left the stadium. As Jess Ennis left the stadium, each section she walked past stood up to applaud.

I can imagine it was 10 times louder for the evening session with the tension and expectation for medals.

Every event with Team GB gets enormous cheers and support.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"in addition to the good question by the OP ...

it sounds like they have music playing all the time through the PA (except of course when announcements and medal ceremonies are occuring) ... is that really the case?"

Yep. In addition to above it stops for race starts. Also get updates of what's happening in the stadium and elsewhere over the PA.

Post new Message to Thread