Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Don't joke, I want to ride my bike today

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"In a hedge if it's hermes "

Very true. They are excellent at hurling packages over fences and hedges.

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

"In a hedge if it's hermes

Very true. They are excellent at hurling packages over fences and hedges. "

Or your bin... Seriously!!

over a year ago

Hermes are AWFUL!

Why can't they knock on the door?

Your package is probably propped up against your front door or in the bin waiting for someone to steal it.

Worst delivery company ever.

over a year ago

At your next door neighbors they deliver to the wrong address

over a year ago

I nearly cried with joy when I found out my PS5 was NOT being delivered by Hermes

Your package could really be anywhere.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Darth Vader kept it...he felt your presents

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Can you track it? One of my delivery firms gives you tracking details and you can track the van on a map, that updates every 30 seconds.

It also tells you how many drop offs the driver has, which number you are and how many left until it's your turn.

It's a little frustrating though when you can see the van at the end of your road and it goes down a side road.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"Darth Vader kept it...he felt your presents "

That was quite funny

over a year ago

I haven't experienced any real problems with Hermes.

Over the last 11 years I have sent 3622 parcels via Hermes with only 2 losses and 1 miss-delivery.... and that turned into an absolute fiasco not of the delivery drivers doing but of the customers and it cost me a lot of time trying to rectify the situation.

UPS kept surcharging me because I sent expensive bespoke hand made Cargo Bicycle frames out in very well made plywood packing boxes and not cardboard boxes; the packing case became the cargo box for the bicycle. UPS insisted they should still have been in cardboard boxes

DHL were the worst I have ever dealt with. They kept surcharging me for 19kgs over the declared weight of 5kg when the parcels I dispatched were actually a shade less than 4.7kg and when I requested that the parcels be re-weighed on trading standards approved and calibrated scales they destroyed the parcels claiming I had refused to pay the surcharge..... This is still pending a court case.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I tried to deposit a package in one of those locker thingies yesterday. Automated display said "no available lockers" even though I'd bloody booked it all online. Now I have to go again

over a year ago

"In a hedge if it's hermes

Very true. They are excellent at hurling packages over fences and hedges.

Or your bin... Seriously!! "

No way.that is taking it to the next level

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"I haven't experienced any real problems with Hermes.

Over the last 11 years I have sent 3622 parcels via Hermes with only 2 losses and 1 miss-delivery.... and that turned into an absolute fiasco not of the delivery drivers doing but of the customers and it cost me a lot of time trying to rectify the situation.

UPS kept surcharging me because I sent expensive bespoke hand made Cargo Bicycle frames out in very well made plywood packing boxes and not cardboard boxes; the packing case became the cargo box for the bicycle. UPS insisted they should still have been in cardboard boxes

DHL were the worst I have ever dealt with. They kept surcharging me for 19kgs over the declared weight of 5kg when the parcels I dispatched were actually a shade less than 4.7kg and when I requested that the parcels be re-weighed on trading standards approved and calibrated scales they destroyed the parcels claiming I had refused to pay the surcharge..... This is still pending a court case.

"

I share your experiences with Hermes, also with them for 11 years and 4335 parcels sent, 80% of what I send are glass items, combined breakage and loss rate is around 0.03% which is way better than Royal Mail who hovered around the 2% mark,

My local Hermes courier has been coming to me for the past ten years, we are on first name terms, when time allows she will join me for a coffee, and she is a stunner

Can't fault UPS on shipping to the States, not had much to do with DPD or DHL though.

Post new Message to Thread