Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

She’s hidden

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So someone I have chatted too before and I really like is hidden so frustrating grrrrr

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

she has hidden her profile for a reason, best to respect her privacy

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Shout "Olly Olly oxen free" and maybe she'll come out

over a year ago

"she has hidden her profile for a reason, best to respect her privacy "

I do every time I’m not needy just this one I really like

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

If I'm talking to someone or have spoken to them they are more than welcome to message when I'm hidden.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Have patience she will unhide her profile in time, respect she probably needs some time out maybe

over a year ago

I hide mine often for simple reason. Need a break from new messages. This doesn't have to personal.

over a year ago

"So someone I have chatted too before and I really like is hidden so frustrating grrrrr"

Stay strong buddy, thoughts and prayers are with you X

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Well hidden is better than completely deleted profile as it means she may be back - silver lining and all that

over a year ago

"I hide mine often for simple reason. Need a break from new messages. This doesn't have to personal. "

Exactly this and I respect that

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

If she’s a friend, then check in with her. If she’s just a passing acquaintance, then respect her choice to hide.

I’m not sure that this thread will go down too well if she sees it though. It feels a bit like you’re trying to contact her, even though she’s hidden and seems a bit creepy how you’re talking about her.

Maybe it’s just me *gallic shrug*

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

It can be very frustrating, but she may still message you even though she's hidden.

over a year ago

"I hide mine often for simple reason. Need a break from new messages. This doesn't have to personal. "

I do this quite often too, sometimes it’s nice to be able to chat to friends without new messages coming through for a little while. But you can still chat to someone who’s profile is hidden

over a year ago

"If she’s a friend, then check in with her. If she’s just a passing acquaintance, then respect her choice to hide.

I’m not sure that this thread will go down too well if she sees it though. It feels a bit like you’re trying to contact her, even though she’s hidden and seems a bit creepy how you’re talking about her.

Maybe it’s just me *gallic shrug* "

Its not just you, it comes across as kind of a passive agressive thing.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

But my profile isn.......oh

over a year ago

can’t you still message a hidden profile if you can a cess it from your hotlist or something, i still get messages from people i know

no harm in sending a hello here if you are up for chatting with an old friend message, if they don’t want to talk just now they can just delete it

over a year ago

"But my profile isn.......oh "

Loose the sad face

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"But my profile isn.......oh

Loose the sad face "

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive had my profile hidden for three years. People can still message if they want

over a year ago

Waves ... I’m here.

By *indergirlWoman
over a year ago

somewhere, someplace

Least it's just hidden and it's not a block

over a year ago

If you've messaged each other before you still can even if one of you has hidden your account. So long as there's an old message in your mailbox somewhere.

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

I thought if you had messaged each other before then a hidden profile didn't matter?

Maybe she just doesn't want to be contacted right now as she has stuff going on and wants no distractions, everyone has a life away from fab.

over a year ago

"I thought if you had messaged each other before then a hidden profile didn't matter?

Maybe she just doesn't want to be contacted right now as she has stuff going on and wants no distractions, everyone has a life away from fab."

I deleted inbetween

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

"I thought if you had messaged each other before then a hidden profile didn't matter?

Maybe she just doesn't want to be contacted right now as she has stuff going on and wants no distractions, everyone has a life away from fab.

I deleted inbetween "

Looks like you're going to have to wait and see if she wants to contact you then...time will tell.

over a year ago

You can still message a hidden profile, even if you've not messaged before, the options to message is still there

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

I deleted inbetween "

And if she does contact you then ask if you can send a friend request, experience says don't just send a random one though as they're often deleted and goes against you. Good luck

By *iaisonseekerMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"So someone I have chatted too before and I really like is hidden so frustrating grrrrr"

Have you tried summoning her by saying her name 3 times into the mirror?

over a year ago

"You can still message a hidden profile, even if you've not messaged before, the options to message is still there "

Oh yeah thanks bud

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I deleted inbetween "

Why would you do that? Check your saved messages, hotlist and pics you have fabbed (I'm not a stalker,honest).

By *tudiousPipWoman
over a year ago

W Yorks

I hide my profile when I don't want messages from new people.

If I'm already chatting to you then you're in! It's my conversations with you that I'm protecting by going private. So your new message to me isn't washed away on a tide of messages from people I'm not already talking to!

It means I want to focus on the conversations I'm currently having. It means I've stopped looking, cos I think I've found someone with potential!

So, if you subsequently message me, spitting the dummy, cos my account is now private so you can't see my 'deets'. And accuse me of being a game player, among other things, then, yes, I'm gonna go public again. Cos I'm looking for your replacement...

over a year ago

"I hide my profile when I don't want messages from new people.

If I'm already chatting to you then you're in! It's my conversations with you that I'm protecting by going private. So your new message to me isn't washed away on a tide of messages from people I'm not already talking to!

It means I want to focus on the conversations I'm currently having. It means I've stopped looking, cos I think I've found someone with potential!

So, if you subsequently message me, spitting the dummy, cos my account is now private so you can't see my 'deets'. And accuse me of being a game player, among other things, then, yes, I'm gonna go public again. Cos I'm looking for your replacement...

"

I didn’t sorry

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I hide my profile when I don't want messages from new people.

I didn’t sorry "

I don't think she meant you personally. I hope not anyway.

By *tudiousPipWoman
over a year ago

W Yorks

"

I didn’t sorry "

Oh, sweetheart, I wasn't suggesting that's the sort of thing you'd do. Just explaining that that's what a lot of men on here do... And that's why single ladies behave the way we do sometimes!

over a year ago

"

I didn’t sorry

Oh, sweetheart, I wasn't suggesting that's the sort of thing you'd do. Just explaining that that's what a lot of men on here do... And that's why single ladies behave the way we do sometimes!

"

I was joking it’s ok

Post new Message to Thread