Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Any Mechanics can help

Jump to newest

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

My friend has a 65 reg Skoda Octavia 1.6 engine and is having an issue whereby first thing on a morning it’s taking ages to start like a loud ticking noise for about 30 seconds then he tries to start it again and the same thing happens, taking about 5 attempts to start then it starts and white smoke comes out of the exhaust for a few seconds then it runs ok the rest of the day. He has been to 3 different garages and they put it on the machine and it shows no fault, it’s had a new alternator, a new battery, new lubes, a service and even left it overnight with one garage and getting told still no fault even though the Mechanic witnessed the fault on start up. I know cars are tricky machines but can any Mechanics recognise this problem?

Any advice appreciated please, or you can pm me privately.

Thank you

Bhubaysi xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *urham 3 riversMan
over a year ago

Co. Durham

if it has a turbo fitted get it checked

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"My friend has a 65 reg Skoda Octavia 1.6 engine and is having an issue whereby first thing on a morning it’s taking ages to start like a loud ticking noise for about 30 seconds then he tries to start it again and the same thing happens, taking about 5 attempts to start then it starts and white smoke comes out of the exhaust for a few seconds then it runs ok the rest of the day. He has been to 3 different garages and they put it on the machine and it shows no fault, it’s had a new alternator, a new battery, new lubes, a service and even left it overnight with one garage and getting told still no fault even though the Mechanic witnessed the fault on start up. I know cars are tricky machines but can any Mechanics recognise this problem?

Any advice appreciated please, or you can pm me privately.

Thank you

Bhubaysi xx "

Can you pm me and we can get more detail and what sort of “clicking” sound it is etc... be happy to help if I can!

Post new Message to Thread