Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tips for gaining weight

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hiya. Loads of info out there for loosing weight but not found much for safely gaining. Does anyone have any tips? Don't just say eat more (I'm only little so fill up quickly) and still want to eat healthy. I want my curvy bum back! N xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I think the basic tip for gaining weight is to be eating more calories than you burn off so keeping track of that may help. Even if you're not eating more meals, I would suggest snacks that are more calory dense with healthy fats. So nuts instead of chocolate for example.

Unfortunately though, I don't think you can spot target where the extra weight will go as that generally comes down to where your body thinks it needs to store it. Good luck with it though and hope you can find a way that makes you happy

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Give up smoking, people usually put a bit of weight on after stopping.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Calories in vs calories out

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hiya. Yes get it's calories in Vs out but 1. I have a very physical job so can't reduce out and 2. Don't want to eat fry ups for every meal. I suppose what I am asking is there such a thing a "healthy" high calorie food? N xx

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

You could look at some bodybuilding advice, lifting weight and eating healthy protein filled food will encourage the growth of muscle. Lots of leg work would help with the curvy but.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Do you actually want to gain fat or muscle? Big difference in approaches

over a year ago

"Hiya. Yes get it's calories in Vs out but 1. I have a very physical job so can't reduce out and 2. Don't want to eat fry ups for every meal. I suppose what I am asking is there such a thing a "healthy" high calorie food? N xx"

Yes

Lean meats, fish, grains, nuts, Greek yoghurt, avacado, extra vifgin olive oil, the list goes on.

Just more of it.

Keep track of what you eat and how much, increase calories buy 200 daily for 1-3 weeks and keep an eye on weight. Then increase another 200 if it stalls. Aim to add 2lb a month at most, add in some resistance training.

over a year ago

Eat close to going to sleep. I tend to eat very late and I've put on a load of weight xx

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Hiya. Yes get it's calories in Vs out but 1. I have a very physical job so can't reduce out and 2. Don't want to eat fry ups for every meal. I suppose what I am asking is there such a thing a "healthy" high calorie food? N xx"

Absolutely. Milk, cream, nuts, peanut butter, fattier meats, oily fish, avocado, potatoes, eggs (especially the yolk), full fat yoghurt, cheese, whole grain pasta and rice.

By *rFeelsGoodMan
over a year ago

Swansea

"Eat close to going to sleep. I tend to eat very late and I've put on a load of weight xx"

Still lookin dynamite tho

over a year ago

"You could look at some bodybuilding advice, lifting weight and eating healthy protein filled food will encourage the growth of muscle. Lots of leg work would help with the curvy but."

i was going to say something like this - i am guessing its not actually about your weight its more about wanting to change your shape and build, so actually some of the same things people do to lose weight will actually help - lots of protein and weights to build out muscle

you will probably find the exercise and fuel needed for muscle recovery will make you hungrier too and you could add blended fruit to protein shakes to try get more calories in without actually needing to eat more

over a year ago

"Eat close to going to sleep. I tend to eat very late and I've put on a load of weight xx

Still lookin dynamite tho"

Good angles lol. But thanks xx

By *rFeelsGoodMan
over a year ago

Swansea

"Hiya. Loads of info out there for loosing weight but not found much for safely gaining. Does anyone have any tips? Don't just say eat more (I'm only little so fill up quickly) and still want to eat healthy. I want my curvy bum back! N xx"

Oats, nuts, try adding coconut oil into things, look up scoobys homemade bulking bars, cacao nibs, more oats, get more sleep.

over a year ago

My Mum uses them enrichment protein drinks between meals

Think you can get them in B&M / Home Bargains for £1

Due to a period of illness, her weight dropped to 37 kilos

She's up to about 41.5 kilos now so they seem to be doing the job

over a year ago

I look at food and that seems to work well for me.

But yes as mentioned above you can get high calorie foods that are good for you so you're not just eating junk for the sake of calories. But if you're in a very active job and burning off more calories than you consume you'll struggle to gain I think. I agree weight lifting is a good option if you want to work on your thighs or butt etc. It's not really an area I know much about but I'm sure you'll get plenty of amazing advice from the fitness forumites.

You could also try shakes? I'm sure there are some that are full of calories that are meant to be good for you?

Good luck!

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Don’t be afraid of carbs either. Sugars try to avoid but if you wanna gain it’s gonna happen.

Things that are easy to prepare and eat. Cereal is great.

Look to eat at around TDEE * 1.1 for a slow and steady, manageable increase in weight

over a year ago

Take mine !

over a year ago

Sit down, eat junk food, do nothing.

By *ucky.Mr.FMan
over a year ago

Right Here

If you're looking to target a certain area then you need to do resistance training. Start knocking out the squats

By *herry OnatopWoman
over a year ago

Just over there

I feel for you op, I go through the same thing constantly! This time of year is difficult as I (unintentionally) lose weight in the winter. Getting it back on is tough. When I counted calories in it worked out I'd need 3500 daily to maintain weight! I've only ever achieved that in a sedentary job eating every hour! I had no energy to do anything but digest, it didn't make me feel good.

I'm back on mass gain protein shakes now but made with water rather than milk. Milk protein shakes raised my cholesterol so I keep them capped at 750 calories a day now. They help but I'm so impatient for a little fleshing out!

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Protein shakes in-between meals

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

If you have lost weight, and are now trying to regain it, I would visit my GP, to identify any underlying issues.

Overeating is not generally advisable; it could have very serious repercussions down the line.

Post new Message to Thread