Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Home

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you feel that you've finally found your home, somewhere to settle and enjoy everything the little place you live in has to offer?

I'm in love with my little village and it'd break my heart to leave it now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

im more than happy with where i live

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For me, relocation was by far the most traumatic of the major life experiences.

I still have not recovered from my move to the south from London more than 6 years ago, and love my little pad that I call my home.

over a year ago

loved growing up and living in Queensferry, only just left and bought my first flat in Edinburgh, i'll miss my wee town and the view of the bridges.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I hate moving so want to stay here for a bit.. But I do want to buy a house so not staying here for life..

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I love Arse End, I know all my neighbours, can't walk down the street without saying hiya to dozens of folk (apart from half day closing), can still leave the door unlocked when I nip out for 10 minutes, when I called the ambulance last week, once I got home 6 or 7 of my neighbours nipped in to see how I was and if I needed anything....on the downside, we don't have brilliant public transport, my nearest Debenhams is a 50 mile round trip and it takes an hour to get to the motorway......still wouldn't change much about it

over a year ago

"I love Arse End, I know all my neighbours, can't walk down the street without saying hiya to dozens of folk (apart from half day closing), can still leave the door unlocked when I nip out for 10 minutes, when I called the ambulance last week, once I got home 6 or 7 of my neighbours nipped in to see how I was and if I needed anything....on the downside, we don't have brilliant public transport, my nearest Debenhams is a 50 mile round trip and it takes an hour to get to the motorway......still wouldn't change much about it "

Bet you don't get sodding jeovahs witnesses knocking on your door every week either!!!

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

really like where i live.

no trouble (well, except one family, but they tend to keep themselves to themselves, more the people that visit them are undesirable)

dont get too many kids out on the road during holidays, which is nice seeing as i work nights.

over a year ago

nope

i love my little flat inside but the outside and the area let it down

in the last 6 months there has been a fatal stabbing, a fatal shooting and a gang rape within 5 minutes walk of my front door

i am not the common denominator tho i promise

over a year ago

Im getting itchy feet, as much as i love the town i live in, Ive spent most of my life moving around as my dad was in the army for 22years..

ive been in the same location now for coming up 7 years and it just feels odd

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"nope

in the last 6 months there has been a fatal stabbing, a fatal shooting and a gang rape within 5 minutes walk of my front door

i am not the common denominator tho i promise "

Brings my bullet and stab proof vest along with my steel chasity padlocked belt...

over a year ago

"nope

i am not the common denominator tho i promise "

Sounds like where I live!! Love the people and most of the neighbours but if I could pick us all up and move us somewhere lovely I'd do it!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I miss Brixton.... great part of London its my real home...

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've been in the same couple of streets for 27 years and no plans to move. I love my home. I love the fact that my family is across the road. I have a small park at my bedroom window and three fabulous parks all in walking distance. And it's not that far into the City if I want to go there - with all the fabulousness that is London.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"I love Arse End, I know all my neighbours, can't walk down the street without saying hiya to dozens of folk (apart from half day closing), can still leave the door unlocked when I nip out for 10 minutes, when I called the ambulance last week, once I got home 6 or 7 of my neighbours nipped in to see how I was and if I needed anything....on the downside, we don't have brilliant public transport, my nearest Debenhams is a 50 mile round trip and it takes an hour to get to the motorway......still wouldn't change much about it

Bet you don't get sodding jeovahs witnesses knocking on your door every week either!!! "

Cos it's a row of terraces, tend to notice neat suited guys on the street and ignore the door.....and it's often on Facebook if they're out and about so can be pre-warned sometimes....if they do catch me out, I tend to say I'm a pagan/wiccan/muslim/jedi warrior and not interested in being converted

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I live in a small town, surrounded by countryside and pretty villages. Right next to rutland water, some of the lowest crime rate in the country and also one of the happiest places to live

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/08/12 22:51:33]

over a year ago

I love my little village. I left home at 18 spent the next 20 years living all over the UK and Germany.

I've put down roots now and love it here, no crime, freedom for the kids.

Sea two minutes walk away.

It's a little slice of heaven here on earth.

over a year ago

I love my flat, it's huge for the money and nice enough. And I find living a 20 minute train ride from London much more rewarding than living there. I love having fields to run in and I love a 30 mile commute on my bike mainly on country lanes.

But that is as good as it gets. This town is a chav infested uncultured shit hole. One half decent pub. Eating out is a kebab, a chain restaurant or an Indian. I plan on moving next year and I actively avoid doing anything that could be perceived as putting down roots (even things as simple as joining the running or cycling clubs) to ensure that i don;t have the slightest reason to stay.

over a year ago

"I live in a small town, surrounded by countryside and pretty villages. Right next to rutland water, some of the lowest crime rate in the country and also one of the happiest places to live"

I must pop in for a cuppa when I visit my brother and family there. xxx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/08/12 22:53:58]

over a year ago

I've never left the town I live in, love it!

over a year ago

I love the town I live in but am being forced to leave and I'm heartbroken.

(It's complicated but basically there's a limited rental market there, nearly all through lettings agents, and nobody will rent to me).

I've been here for 6 and a half years and it feels like home

over a year ago

can't say I'm too keen where I live at the moment...still next parole hearing may change that...

By *aris23Woman
over a year ago

France

Can't abide my suburb of this city in the back end of nowhere - the house itself is fine but oh how I wish I could plonk it down closer to London. Sadly my career & my child dictate I stay for the foreseeable future. Never managed more than 7 years in any house (5+ in this one now) but right house, right place would be lovely one day

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I love the town I live in but am being forced to leave and I'm heartbroken.

(It's complicated but basically there's a limited rental market there, nearly all through lettings agents, and nobody will rent to me).

I've been here for 6 and a half years and it feels like home "

Sorry to hear that. The rise of sealed bids for rented property has not been a welcome advance. I hope somewhere comes up soon.

over a year ago

No, I hate where I live but I'm smack in the middle of a regeneration area and the city will be pulling everything down around me and rebuilding over the next 7 or 8 yrs. No-one wants to buy my house now coz they'll be stuck in a bomb/builing site for years and when it's finished, who's gonna want to buy the little old, run down, desperately in need of tons of work houses when there will be brand new, self-sufficient houses on the other side of the road?????

over a year ago

"I love the town I live in but am being forced to leave and I'm heartbroken.

I've been here for 6 and a half years and it feels like home

Sorry to hear that. The rise of sealed bids for rented property has not been a welcome advance. I hope somewhere comes up soon."

Thanks. It's also that I have 2 cats who are part of my family, so I won't part with them. There are 4 lettings agents in town and they all specify no smokers, no pets.

My only hope was finding a private landlord with the right type of property (and affordable) that would accept pets. I've been looking for 6 months and have now run out of time.

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

Boldon

I love where I live because my soul mate is here. We could live anywhere in the world and I would be happy if he was by my side.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"I love where I live because my soul mate is here. We could live anywhere in the world and I would be happy if he was by my side. "

over a year ago

Love my little house, not a million miles from the Peak District, been here 21 years and for much of that time it wasn't what you might call a happy home!! I've worked hard to change all that since being on my own, it's been a struggle and is still a work in progress in places but I wouldn't want to move on in a hurry now.

over a year ago

I did do... unfortunately I have to leave here and move to a crappy area however, I'm hoping that won't be forever and at some point I can get out of there

over a year ago

I live in a lovely part of rural Scotland with fabulous views five minutes from my door but I intend to move abroad soon to have a rural house but in a dry place.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I miss living in my home town so much, but couldntt afford a nice house when I was moving out so ended up over the border.

I still get very homesick after over 10 years and still get funny looks when peole hear my accent.

Its not as friendly as where I grew up even though it is a very small town where I live now and it does have amazing views but none as breath taking as my home

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

Have just bought a bigger place and it really is a lovely house that has everything I need but I miss the close I used to live in as I had great neighbours. Wish I could lift this house and put it in the old location.

over a year ago

Hey free bird me, we are the same... love our house and village but hate the weather, we are currently looking to move to Teneriffe ... err village lol

over a year ago

Nope!! Moving to Australia in the next couple months

over a year ago

James, don't go loadsa sheep here, they follow you everywhere and boy do some of them bleet on and on and on and on and on...... Get me drift!!!

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

the rented market realy is the pits;

no pets is a bad situation to be in

when you have had them 10 plus years.

moving out of my town now forced

out by high rent high sales prices

its a shit sandwich but;;

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"Thanks. It's also that I have 2 cats who are part of my family, so I won't part with them. There are 4 lettings agents in town and they all specify no smokers, no pets.

My only hope was finding a private landlord with the right type of property (and affordable) that would accept pets. I've been looking for 6 months and have now run out of time."

Have you spoken to anyof the letting agents?

The house we've lived in for 2 years now stated no pets, we were gutted. I kept an eye on it and saw it was still available 3/4 weeks after it first came on the market (unheard of round here) so phoned the letting agents.

They said no pets, but I asked them to ask the LL for us as we both work, have stable jobs and over 10 years of solid references between us.

A lot of them just put no pets for the sake of it. You'll have to pay extra deposit, but don't give up without asking first!

over a year ago

I'd second that. I have rental properties and they are advertized as 'no pets' but if they had not let, I might consider cats. Usual problem is the bad owners/pets spoil it for the good ones but def worth asking.

Post new Message to Thread