Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Barhain F1

Jump to newest

By *inky_Carpenter OP   Man
over a year ago

Portsmouth

What are your race predictions for tomorrow people?

I'm hoping for a Lewis win, but reckon Max will probably take it. As long as we finally get to see a good scrap between the two then it's a win for the fans either way.

Danny Ric on the third step followed by Charles, and Valtteri..... I think we have a good chance of Lewis getting in front at the start, or with a safety car incident from one of the new drivers (Yuki storming agressively through the pack, or Nikita just spinning out and planting it into the barriers). Merc have the two driver tactical advantage, will sacrifice Valtri to get Lewis ahead. They a small raw pace advantage on the medium compound But his rear tyres will fade badly at the end Max will take it.....

How wrong am I? Gauntlet thrown lol!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eywestMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I will go for 1. Ham 2. Ver 3. Bot

I am of the opinion that Ver will never win a WDC. He has the same kind of hype Montoya had, and look how that ended. Of the current grid Norris or Russell are more likely to win a championship. And as for a Red Team WDC or WCC that's not going to happen for at least another decade. It will be McLaren who dethrone Mercedes.

Bring on the discussion....

By *laymateteeMan
over a year ago

bristol

I think Lewis will win it. He drives well when he's chasing someone down and I reckon he might get a good start

By *g1231974Man
over a year ago

wetherby

I'm with you on the Mercedes tyres. The car hasn't been the best with tyres but the raw pace has more than compensated for that. With the Red Bull progress they're going to have to push the Mercedes cars harder and, if they continue to experience some rear stability issues, they could chew their tyres up and comparatively struggle this season as a result.

By *entGent75Man
over a year ago

Dartford

The grid in 2021 has more raw talent and youth to throw a few spoliers into the mix with back markers who want to be proving themselves mid/backfield. RB have showed that quali is possible to beat the Mercs with track advantage. Mercs have never been great following traffic so strategy will need to be on point in the race for Lewis to keep in the mix. However, race trim might prove different and so the real test will be on track later today and i can't wait ! We have RBR, Merc, McClaren, Ferrari all capable this year to fight for podiums so every point will count.

Alonso worries me as he lost my respect when he asked Senna to bin his car in Monaco so he could win. Anyone else has any worries about any other drivers who could potentially upset things like that.

By *arakiss12TV/TS
over a year ago

Bedford

Rooting for Aston Martin aswell as Red Bull my local teams, love for Max to win though it will be close. Judging by F2 race yesterday first turns will be crucial.

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham and London

I think Max is going to throw down a marker here. The Mercs are clearly the slower car and the point that was made about them doing poorly with their tires when they are following/having to push hard is correct IMHO - I think this is going to cause them issues through the season. I think Gasly is going to have his mojo back and then I think it is either Danny Ric or Lando.

By *ae1985Woman
over a year ago

kittenshire

Am I the only one who actually would like to see the floor wiped with Lewis? Teach him some humility. Best race we has last year was the one he wasn't in! There was proper racing and jousting for positions, it's boring watching Lewis he is a spoilt brat.

By *.R.MMan
over a year ago

Norfolk

Vet, Ham, Bot

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s tough to call.

The RB16B looks like a very good car and Max seems to have lost his previously calamitous habits, showing the kind of stability and consistency we get from Hamilton.

The W12 doesn’t seem to be quite there, but then IIRC in 2018 the Mercs didn’t have the upper hand on the Ferraris until after the summer break. The whole season is ahead of them, they’ll iron out whatever is up.

But as rightly mentioned, giving Hamilton something to chase isn’t always the best thing to do.

Max can take this, but one mistake and Hamilton will capitalise.

By *ermite12ukMan
over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

Going to go controversial, with Max and Lewis, taking each other out, probably on the first corner. Then Charles LeClerc to take the win.

Just hoping that Lewis, can get his eight championship this year. But I think he's going to struggle, unless Mercedes pull something out of the bag.

By *eventysixCouple
over a year ago

glossop

George Russell to win in the William's

over a year ago

Not looking great for Mercedes based on race simulations in practice compared to Red Bull but you can never count out Lewis. The Ferrari’s are looking good and the Alpha’s look mega but I’d be amazed if it wasn’t a 1-2-3 between Max, Lewis and Bottas!

As for the season it looks like it’ll be a titanic battle and one that should keep it interesting right through the 7,308 grand price to come this year . Mercedes were in a similar position a few years ago when Ferrari looked like the far faster car until Vettel cracked so let’s see if Verstappen can handle the pressure that Hamilton will no doubt bring. If he can he deserves the title but I can’t see past Lewis tbh!

over a year ago

I’m just ready for some good drama like last year

By *offee and KinksCouple
over a year ago

Notts/Derby

"George Russell to win in the William's "

I’d love to see this happen for various reason. Always had a fondness for the Williams team.

Stag

By *ida8780Couple
over a year ago

any town

1. Ves

2. Bot

3. Nor

By *mids21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

I think Verstappen will win....

I have a feeling maybe an upset elsewhere!

Hamilton or Bottas maybe on one of the other steps....but I can see Gasly or Norris been up there possibly.

I hope so!

Love my F1 but I really want it to be something more than the Hamilton show.

By *ida8780Couple
over a year ago

any town

"I think Verstappen will win....

I have a feeling maybe an upset elsewhere!

Hamilton or Bottas maybe on one of the other steps....but I can see Gasly or Norris been up there possibly.

I hope so!

Same here. Love Hamilton but it would be great to see red bull fight for the wins. I think mclaren will be the dark horse this year. Strong line up.

Love my F1 but I really want it to be something more than the Hamilton show.

"

over a year ago

It's like this.

Start of every season it's a mix-up and anyone can win.

Come end of season Hamilton will be on top step and champion again.

Boring

By *mids21Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

I actually think Hamilton won't be Champion this season.

I also think if he doesn't win it he will leave F1.

There are some brilliant drivers on that grid and I really do hope it's a great year for F1!

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It's too early to tell really, but it looks like Merc have not got thr dominant car that they had for the last few years. Max will need to capitalise on his advantage whilst he can.

For the first race, I am expecting several crashes & a safety car that neutralises the race for the last 10 laps. Bottas will lose 6 places before the first corner and 4th Max with win with Lewis 2nd. Le Clerc 3rd.

Cal

By *heLaserGuyMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I think ham will ace the start and verst will loose his front wing trying too hard to get the place back. He's a good driver but too impatient sometimes

By *oolkoupleCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire

As long as Hamilton doesn't win I'm happy.

over a year ago

Portsmouth

Interesting.... You clearly hate him intensely if you don't care about anything, beyond him losing!

Do you have genuine valid reasons, or is it just one of those instant, irrational dislike situations? I've never liked Alonso for instance, because he looks just like someone I had a major conflict with...... I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but I cannot stand to see him excel or triumph....

With most other drivers I'm more nuanced and balanced... I dislike Max's personality, but have huge respect for him as a driver...

I dislike lance as a paid driver, yet I admire the huge effort and hard work he's put in over the last two years to improve his mediocre talent.....

Not trying to pick a fight just interested in your reasoning?

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

It could be a classic race. The prospects are certainly mouthwatering. Mercedes don't have the quickest car, certainly not consistently anyway. It looks much more of a handful than the Red Bull. But if they get a good start and are smart they can still win it. What they can't allow is Max to just drive off into the distance. It's important that Lewis holds his position at the start because I think he will just about be able to hold into Max's coat tails. Then again Red Bull could still have a load of race pace which we haven't seen yet. In which case no one will get close to Verstappen.

Being the first race of the year though, who knows what might happen. I get the feeling we're in for an exciting championship this year.

over a year ago

Can't wait. Going to be an Epic season. Hope Lewis gets the win but Max been awesome all weekend

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

Praying merc won’t win as they have been too far ahead for too long.

By *dsmithMan
over a year ago

Loudwater

Mazepin - third corner. What a joke.

By *edfred77Couple
over a year ago

warrington

Where's the commentary??or is it my tv

By *hebeardedman69Man
over a year ago

essex

Been a busy race ????????

By *edfred77Couple
over a year ago

warrington

Been ok..no dramas

over a year ago

Won't say who won but What a Race

By *inks_apeyCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Quality race in the end!

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Won't say who won but What a Race "

I can't believe it finished like that, more than a little luck there. Fantastic Race!!!

Cal

over a year ago

Great race, and if the other 22 are as good I’m gonna be shattered watching never mind the drivers.

Fairly predictable Mazepin would spin and crash, wonder how much you’d get on him not finishing a race all season!

By *dandmandyCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Don't see veltri bottas being in his current seat next year,may be Mercedes will sign George Russell, but then again Hamilton has only signed for 12 months may be he will retire or go to ferrari.

over a year ago

"Don't see veltri bottas being in his current seat next year,may be Mercedes will sign George Russell, but then again Hamilton has only signed for 12 months may be he will retire or go to ferrari. "

Honestly can’t see them getting rid of Bottas at all regardless of how he drives this season. He consistently brings in big points so can imagine they’d be loathe to lose him! Equally why would Bottas want to leave, he’s in a car that wins a lot of races and he’s unlikely to get a better drive anywhere else next season.

A lot hinges on what Hamilton decides to do but if he leaves then surely it’s Russell’s seat to lose. Not sure if he’d retire but my money is on him not being there next season

over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I will go for 1. Ham 2. Ver 3. Bot

I am of the opinion that Ver will never win a WDC. He has the same kind of hype Montoya had, and look how that ended. Of the current grid Norris or Russell are more likely to win a championship. And as for a Red Team WDC or WCC that's not going to happen for at least another decade. It will be McLaren who dethrone Mercedes.

Bring on the discussion.... "

Well done mate. You called it!

over a year ago

Portsmouth

That was Bloody brilliant! I really hope this is only a taste of some more brilliant racing this season. Once Sergio finds his feet in qualifying Merc are going to have to watch their backs. With him in the top four mix it will nullify the strategy advantage that merc were able to employ today.

I just knew Nikita was going to bin it into a wall.... but honestly wasn't expecting it in the opening couple of corners...... Sergio and Yuki were epic today!

By *eywestMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I will go for 1. Ham 2. Ver 3. Bot

Bring on the discussion....

Well done mate. You called it!

"

Cheers, Let's hope there are more races like that this season..

Post new Message to Thread