Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Age gaps

Jump to newest

By *wencat OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Does age gaps matter or does it depend on what sort realationship we looking for

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Nah don't bother me at all.. I have a thing for older guys xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If it works it works. Age is just a number

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

for a quicky, i dont think so, but a relationship, i think thye do.

especially big gaps (ie, younger partner is 20's and older is 50's) simply because the younger party will want to be going out all the time, if not straight away but later in life definitely.

when they turn 40, and want to start living life again, will the other party want to be going out in thier 60's? course not.

and thats when the cracks start appearing and things happen.

By *wencat OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"for a quicky, i dont think so, but a relationship, i think thye do.

especially big gaps (ie, younger partner is 20's and older is 50's) simply because the younger party will want to be going out all the time, if not straight away but later in life definitely.

when they turn 40, and want to start living life again, will the other party want to be going out in thier 60's? course not.

and thats when the cracks start appearing and things happen."

I think for anything other than a nsa friendship it can be risky but for fun and good times it works peoples needs change as we get older I think

over a year ago

i think its best to be with someone the same age as you.

over a year ago

I think if you both want the same then then it's fine.

There's 18 years between me and my partner. He's done the marriage and kids thing and doesn't want to do it again. That's my ultimate goal in life and we both accept that. We love each other and are making each other happy until what we want comes along

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

and thats when the cracks start appearing and things happen."

Have you been in such relationship? I was 41 when i met jay he was 63, we are now 47 and 69. Would i ever have thought id be with someone that much older then my answer would be no. However, instead of cracks our relationship just gets stronger and stronger, and i wouldnt care if he was 79 as long as he was the person he is. He changed my life

over a year ago

age is just a number but as long they are legal to have sex only not like 60 years different. really you both are here for the same reason

over a year ago

the thing about being with a much older man is, they have seen it all and done it all, well not quite.

so nothing is so interesting and exciting as it is to you.

they also think they are smarter than you.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"the thing about being with a much older man is, they have seen it all and done it all, well not quite.

they also think they are smarter than you."

i dont get any of that, jay has taught me so much about life he is far more knowledgable than me

By *riskygazMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Well i dont think it realy matters, if you fancy a person the age is not going to bother you

over a year ago

"the thing about being with a much older man is, they have seen it all and done it all, well not quite.

they also think they are smarter than you.i dont get any of that, jay has taught me so much about life he is far more knowledgable than me"

thats good. people are all differnt.

not saying its all bad.

i do like having a father figure.

By *riskygazMan
over a year ago

birmingham

cool feel free to take advantage of me lol

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"cool feel free to take advantage of me lol"

Come here then

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

and thats when the cracks start appearing and things happen.Have you been in such relationship? I was 41 when i met jay he was 63, we are now 47 and 69. Would i ever have thought id be with someone that much older then my answer would be no. However, instead of cracks our relationship just gets stronger and stronger, and i wouldnt care if he was 79 as long as he was the person he is. He changed my life"

not so much to that extreme, but i got with my ex in her mid teens, and i was in my mid 20's.

i had already done all the clubbing shite and wasnt really interested, yet 10 years onto it, she wanted to start going out on a saturdya night

the music scene wasnt what i was interested in, so she went out with her friends.

hence she is my ex.

over a year ago

A twenty year old girl is just as bossy and stuborn as a fifty year old, dont think bruce forsythe worries in bed at night.

over a year ago

Was married very young to someone 26yrs my senior ... didn't work. Met someone else only 10yrs older, which was a bit better but still not right. Tried a toy boy with me 7yrs older and that REALLY didn't work (my kids were more mature than him!), then finally found someone only a few months older than me, which seemed to work for about 10yrs. Saying that, we split a few yrs ago and now I've met BamBam and he's 7yrs older, he's right where maturity, craziness, experience and sensuality all sit, so I would say a 7yr gap (guy older) seems to be about right. But hey, that's just how it's worked out for me

By *wencat OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

and thats when the cracks start appearing and things happen.Have you been in such relationship? I was 41 when i met jay he was 63, we are now 47 and 69. Would i ever have thought id be with someone that much older then my answer would be no. However, instead of cracks our relationship just gets stronger and stronger, and i wouldnt care if he was 79 as long as he was the person he is. He changed my life"

I so happy to see it can work hope for me then maybe

over a year ago

Yes age matters

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

and thats when the cracks start appearing and things happen.Have you been in such relationship? I was 41 when i met jay he was 63, we are now 47 and 69. Would i ever have thought id be with someone that much older then my answer would be no. However, instead of cracks our relationship just gets stronger and stronger, and i wouldnt care if he was 79 as long as he was the person he is. He changed my life I so happy to see it can work hope for me then maybe"

it will work if you want it to, as ive said before on threaes, the only time i think about the age is when i respond to threads on here. of cause we have some interests that are different but doesnt everyone, but we have much more in common than not.

Not sure what the age gap is between you and your partner, but something attracted you to them. I was conscious of the age gap to start with but not now and we have never had any negative comments(not so ive heard anyway lol)

Good lookxx

By *wencat OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

and thats when the cracks start appearing and things happen.Have you been in such relationship? I was 41 when i met jay he was 63, we are now 47 and 69. Would i ever have thought id be with someone that much older then my answer would be no. However, instead of cracks our relationship just gets stronger and stronger, and i wouldnt care if he was 79 as long as he was the person he is. He changed my life I so happy to see it can work hope for me then maybe

it will work if you want it to, as ive said before on threaes, the only time i think about the age is when i respond to threads on here. of cause we have some interests that are different but doesnt everyone, but we have much more in common than not.

Not sure what the age gap is between you and your partner, but something attracted you to them. I was conscious of the age gap to start with but not now and we have never had any negative comments(not so ive heard anyway lol)

Good lookxx"

you have give me hope I have tried to finish it lots times but we have far too much in common and he reads my mind most the time he says age just a number aswell

over a year ago

I've had the gap where older chap but I couldn't go younger cos I have a son who is almost 17 so too much of a gap lower woukld feel just wrong to me...at same time I want a man who can keep up so won't go older than 45 at minuite...everyones different...

over a year ago

Age gap is not a problem for fun and games. Rather a bonus if it's 10 years or more

over a year ago

i dont think its a problem theres 26 years between myself and tony i was 19 when we got together and he was 45 7 and ah half years on and we are still together we have just had a baby and if i want to go with the girls he will never try to stop me its all about working around that both of you want

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

seems K and I are the 'abnormal' couple lol I am 3 years older than k and we have been married 35 years this month!

over a year ago

I met my husband when i was 18 and he was 38. we now have 3 children and have recently got married after 8 years together. We have our ups and downs as do most couples. If you love someone and want it to work then it will. Age shouldnt matter

By *wencat OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

But is it more accepted if the man is older rather than the women feels like more frowned on is the women a lot older

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I am a complete hypocrite on this subject, it makes my skin crawl when I see a man double the age of any female smoozing and slithering with compliments, yet when it is the older female and younger guy, I think 'good on ya, have fun'...

told you... hypocrite

over a year ago

"But is it more accepted if the man is older rather than the women feels like more frowned on is the women a lot older "

only to some people not to me though.

my brother is married to an older woman they seem quite happy.

it wouldnt bother me if my son married a woman who was 20 years older than him either.

if she didnt have any kids and was a nice person.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"But is it more accepted if the man is older rather than the women feels like more frowned on is the women a lot older "

Do you feel you need to be accepted. Go with what you want, family and friends im sure will support you and does it really matter what strangers think.

You look young for your age so im sure that will narrow down how much the age gap looks. But go with what you want and dont think about other people

over a year ago

Definitely not, I love having hot sex with older women. They know what they want and are not afraid to get it.

over a year ago

"I am a complete hypocrite on this subject, it makes my skin crawl when I see a man double the age of any female smoozing and slithering with compliments, yet when it is the older female and younger guy, I think 'good on ya, have fun'...

told you... hypocrite "

Sam Taylor-Wood, good on her I'd say!

over a year ago

At my age, nearly everyone I meet nowadays are younger than me.

If I worry about age gaps, I would be living the life of a nun!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

No issue with age gaps really as long as people are happy. I would consider though in long term relationships that the age gap may widen (in perception, of course only) and that 10 or 20 years down the line the original "match" may no longer be so compatible. But you can, of course, say that about relationships where there is no age gap.

over a year ago

Maybe the large age gaps spoken of by a few of the posters only work because they are on Fab.

This is by no means a negative but I wonder if this helps keep some relationships going

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Maybe the large age gaps spoken of by a few of the posters only work because they are on Fab.

This is by no means a negative but I wonder if this helps keep some relationships going

"

But sex is only part of any relationship, it takes much more than sex to hold a relationship together, its just one of our common interests

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I have a thing for older men, However at 32 I do want kids and I am finding that I am meeting men when I "date" that they have grown up kids and not want anymore so have had the snip.. Its difficult as I have met some really nice guys who I have got on with however they did not want the kids part.. So in my dating life I am considering dating younger men.. I just wish there was a 40ish year old man out there that had working sperm and wanted kids...

over a year ago

Would I have a relationship with a gent in his 20s?

If he ticks all the boxes, then yes, and why not?!

over a year ago

"Maybe the large age gaps spoken of by a few of the posters only work because they are on Fab.

"

i know sex isnt everything, you need to be good friends with someone as well.

only sex is a lot more important to some people than it is to others.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

When my sister was 17 she moved and moved in with someone who was 28 years older than her, to say my mother wasnt best pleased is the understatement of the year. However, over time she came to see that he treated her like a queen he absolutly worshipped the ground she walked on. They had six very happy years together. Then she married someone her own age, so its not as though she was naturally attracted to older guys

over a year ago

I agree it takes more than sex to keep people together. But it is a very big deal when its not there

over a year ago

"Would I have a relationship with a gent in his 20s?

"

Exactl. If you meet someone who is right for you then you dismiss them just because of their date of birth that would be so sad. People worry about strange things imo x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I agree it takes more than sex to keep people together. But it is a very big deal when its not there "

True but isnt that true of any relationship, people dont have a cut off point to stop having sex. Jays like a rat up a drain pipe

over a year ago

"I agree it takes more than sex to keep people together. But it is a very big deal when its not there

True but isnt that true of any relationship, people dont have a cut off point to stop having sex. Jays like a rat up a drain pipe"

LOl....it sounds like you have a lovely bloke there...cherish him

over a year ago

It don't bother me as well as i love being with an older lady, and your all right age IS just a number

over a year ago

Love older men....and i like my women older than me aswell

over a year ago

"Would I have a relationship with a gent in his 20s?

Exactl. If you meet someone who is right for you then you dismiss them just because of their date of birth that would be so sad. People worry about strange things imo x"

I don't think worrying about the date of birth is strange, its my choice, I have never fancied or been attracted to anyone outside of my age as I was growing up so for me, my own age group is the norm not strange

over a year ago

"Does age gaps matter or does it depend on what sort realationship we looking for "

Yep they matter if the gap means the other partner has more crinkles than a Foxes Crinkle Crunch?

By *damandeve4funCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

As I am 24 years older than my partner, I have a vested interest in saying that age doesn't matter.

However, of course age gaps matter. It just depends on what kind of relationship you are looking for.

If it is purely sexual, as long as the chemistry is there, it shouldn't matter at all. If you are totally in love, you like to think that love should conquer all, but sometimes practicalities have to be taken into account depending on what is important in your life.

I stayed single for so long because I have no desire to have children and most of the women I have been with and wanted me long term, whether younger or older than me, have either had children or wanted them. Indeed, one previous partner went back to her "boring" hubbie, despite saying she was in love with me, had never had better sex and that I had saved her life because of health/psychological problems, because he wanted kids.

Fortunately, my present girlfriend does not want to have children in her life.

Of course, the fact that she is my dream woman - an intelligent, classy, elegant, politically and morally sound (vegan, environmentalist, left of centre), bi, highly-sexed, naturist swinger and totally gorgeous - helps a lot. So, even if she now decided that she wanted children, I might consider it.

Before she moved in with me, I insisted that she think about the downside of me being so much older than her - I can see more drawbacks for her than for me as I get older.

However, she said that she is in love with me and that this is the most important thing - and that she likes the fact that I am more mature, in body and mind, than the young "immature" guys she has met previously.

Of course, the fact that I enjoy watching her having sex with other men (and women) could be of benefit to us both as we get older, and could help avoid any sexual problems we might have later in life!

over a year ago

"Does age gaps matter or does it depend on what sort realationship we looking for "

Some matter some dont I wouldn't meet anyone my parents age though.

over a year ago

everyone has a limit.

you only know what that limit is when you try it.

age is nothing as long as you keep yourself fit and active.

By *heCrowAndButterflyCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

I love an age gap. Older guys work for me on so many levels. I've done the younger guy thing and jeez worse mistake ever. There's 11yrs between me & my man and it's perfect.

over a year ago

depends on the individual only

over a year ago

if your both happy with each other and it works.

sod what others think! life is crap a lot of the time so having someone near to you that does it makes all the difference.

age is nothing if you both want it!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I love older men...

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

I have been in a relationship with a guy twice my age (I'm 31, he's 62), for 5 years and its been the only relationship that has worked for me. He has been my everything, emotionally and physically. I have always felt safe with him. Only downside is that he fusses so much, but thats because he has witnessed me going from a healthy, vivacious 26 year old, to a very poorly 31 year old.

He's been the best thing ever in my life. My guardian angel

over a year ago

Well there is a twenty year gap between us with the male being the older.

We've been together for over eight years and been married for five and it works for us.

Mind you this male never really grew up and is far too old to do so now. Maybe this makes a difference!

over a year ago

I love 40+ women the appreciate sex more

By *acandJulesCouple
over a year ago

Stockton on Tees

Age should never be a problem.

over a year ago

We both like women over fifty.

over a year ago

till joining FAB i was an older man kinda girl

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I like mature people and by that I mean those with a bit of life experience, laid back in their approach, not pushy and over zealous... just cool people. In my experience most people dont get to that state until they are in their late thirties but there are exceptions....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/08/12 19:41:41]

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/08/12 19:41:09]

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"I have been in a relationship with a guy twice my age (I'm 31, he's 62), for 5 years and its been the only relationship that has worked for me. He has been my everything, emotionally and physically. I have always felt safe with him. Only downside is that he fusses so much, but thats because he has witnessed me going from a healthy, vivacious 26 year old, to a very poorly 31 year old.

He's been the best thing ever in my life. My guardian angel "

i couldnt have said that better it is identical to us

By *hoe_nixCouple
over a year ago

leeds

i have always loved older guys

trouble is there arent many older than me now

over a year ago

doesn't bother me at all

if i like a person i do doesnt matter if what there age is

By *nfieldishCouple
over a year ago

Enfield

"Nah don't bother me at all.. I have a thing for older guys xx"

Helloooooo..... We're older

Xx

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

I go for older on here as its my perference but in my "dating world" I go younger as the older guys I have met and connected with have grown up kids and had the snip.. I want kids so its kind of important to me..

over a year ago

i love older and younger but not too old and definitely not too young

over a year ago

Invariably yes if you are after a specific type of playmate. Some want people older than their children, others want young studs so it matters if your criteria can be age related.

over a year ago

I love older women they enjoy it more and do more things

over a year ago

If you get on and you click and over 19 ..... some people in 20s come across at times so much older and some 50s come across like 20/30s. Age is a number and some look so much older then there years and some look younger , people all age different there lives are a gens all play a part.

over a year ago

Ur right there coz I look younger ppl over 50 don't wanna know

Post new Message to Thread