Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Welsh government

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

7000000 16 and 17 year olds will for first time be allowed to vote..Do you think young adults in England should have the right too?

Bearing in mind at 16 one can legally marry....have a alcoholic drink with a meal..work full-time so will pay tax..claim child tax credits..or do you think young adults don't understand polictics enough to make a informed vote?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think it's great.

Younger people are much more political these days and I think it's wonderful.

The ones who are uninformed just won't bother to vote. Only those who care enough to be clued will want to I think.

I'm in favour.

Lu

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Informed voting that I think would be nice. Think some of the previous elections and referendums has shown that politicians lie.

At the age of 16 I can't see why they can't vote, if we say it's due to inability to understand politics does that mean we should all have to pass an exam before we're allowed to vote?

By *elethWoman
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Absolutely yes! I think it's fantastic!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If done via mobile phone then yes

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"informed voting" now there's a novelty. Yes give them a vote. Will it be informed? Of course not, there's never been a straight talking politician yet. They're all a bunch of lip serving, waxing lyrical arseholes

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

Well there's lots of young people into politics so I think it's a good thing for them and hopefully those that decide to use their vote do some research and choose well

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"7000000 16 and 17 year olds will for first time be allowed to vote..Do you think young adults in England should have the right too?

Bearing in mind at 16 one can legally marry....have a alcoholic drink with a meal..work full-time so will pay tax..claim child tax credits..or do you think young adults don't understand polictics enough to make a informed vote?"

I'm 40 and don't understand politics really. It just seems to be a lot of play ground jeering and leering.

Post new Message to Thread