Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tales of my pussy

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

.... Cat

Thought I'd start a thread to entertain you all with my stupid cat cos I know you all care

Bit of background. She's 18(ish). I can't actually remember when I got her but I know I moved in to where I live in 2000 and got her a few years after lol

Last year she started bumping in to things which was hilarious but concerning. Took her to the vet and turns out she has high blood pressure which is causing her to go blind.

She was an outside cat all her life and I rarely saw her in the summer other than when she was hungry. Now she's an inside cat and that makes me sad

She's a pain in the ass though so I will try to entertain with tails of my stupid pussy!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

evesham

Tonight she's been in a very weird mood. She won't settle. She won't eat her food (with her bloody tablet in it!), she makes a god awful yowling noise!

The only time she will rest really is when she is on my chest. I wonder if it's to do with my heart beat or the fact that she just likes to be as awkward as possible.

By *nked_kittenWoman
over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

"Tonight she's been in a very weird mood. She won't settle. She won't eat her food (with her bloody tablet in it!), she makes a god awful yowling noise!

The only time she will rest really is when she is on my chest. I wonder if it's to do with my heart beat or the fact that she just likes to be as awkward as possible. "

The yowling might be a sign of hyperthyroidism. Mine was doing that last year and has stopped now she is on meds for it.

One of mine wears a little hi vis vest when she goes out at night and it half fell off tonight and she was wearing it like a little skirt. Not too impressed.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Awww bless x I’m very much a pussy lover .. she’s a good old age and deserves a nice and long retirement around the house!

I remember my last cat (RIP, God bless her mischievous soul) - if she had any pills or tablets to take we would put it in a lump of cat food but by the end of the meal her bowl would be licked clean apart from the pill left exactly in the middle ... I can empathise with your efforts trying to get them to have it!

over a year ago

evesham

"Tonight she's been in a very weird mood. She won't settle. She won't eat her food (with her bloody tablet in it!), she makes a god awful yowling noise!

The only time she will rest really is when she is on my chest. I wonder if it's to do with my heart beat or the fact that she just likes to be as awkward as possible.

The yowling might be a sign of hyperthyroidism. Mine was doing that last year and has stopped now she is on meds for it.

One of mine wears a little hi vis vest when she goes out at night and it half fell off tonight and she was wearing it like a little skirt. Not too impressed. "

She had full bloods done last month and everything was OK as acr as they can be for an elderly lady. The vet wasn't concerned but she has stopped eating her tablets (apparently they've made them taste nicer so she ate them fine before) so just wonder if it's because of that.

over a year ago

evesham

"Awww bless x I’m very much a pussy lover .. she’s a good old age and deserves a nice and long retirement around the house!

I remember my last cat (RIP, God bless her mischievous soul) - if she had any pills or tablets to take we would put it in a lump of cat food but by the end of the meal her bowl would be licked clean apart from the pill left exactly in the middle ... I can empathise with your efforts trying to get them to have it!"

Yeah. She used to eat these ones fine because they tasted nice. With her high blood pressure I don't really want to be grabbing her and forcing it down her neck plus she scratches!

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

One of my cats is on stress relief meds and bladder meds for the rest of his life, he’s had cystitis and bowel issues too which involved me taking a poo sample to the vet every day for a week. He has tuna with the meds mixed in, he used to enjoy water mixed with the tuna, now he decides he hates the water adding to it.

over a year ago

evesham

"One of my cats is on stress relief meds and bladder meds for the rest of his life, he’s had cystitis and bowel issues too which involved me taking a poo sample to the vet every day for a week. He has tuna with the meds mixed in, he used to enjoy water mixed with the tuna, now he decides he hates the water adding to it."

Oh she is like a toddler with her food. One day feliv is all she wants, then she hates it so I get her some whiskers, then she hates that. A friend gave me some sheba the other week and she loved that.... Bought her some more, guess what.....

over a year ago

Your kitty sounds lovely

My cat girl has an ear infection so we're going straight to the vets in the morning

over a year ago

Try cheese? To hide the pill in?

over a year ago

evesham

"Your kitty sounds lovely

My cat girl has an ear infection so we're going straight to the vets in the morning "

She's right I guess lol

She's very small for a cat. When she was allowed out she used to sleep in the front garden and all the kids walking to and from school used to love seeing her and giving her a fuss.

over a year ago

evesham

"Try cheese? To hide the pill in?"

I might do, or chicken. She loves chicken.

By *nked_kittenWoman
over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

"Try cheese? To hide the pill in?

I might do, or chicken. She loves chicken. "

Pilchards is good as well. So stinky it might tempt her

over a year ago

evesham

OK so..... How do I stop my cat from being so needy when I'm working?! She's either trying to get cuddles or trying to sleep between me and my laptop or sleeping right beside the laptop so I can't type properly.

I'm seriously considering buying a cage for her right now

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Is she a heat loving cat? wrap a hot water bottle or a heat pad in a blanket for some short time peace n quiet

over a year ago

evesham

"Is she a heat loving cat? wrap a hot water bottle or a heat pad in a blanket for some short time peace n quiet"

Oh good plan!

Post new Message to Thread