Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

WIGGINS GOLD MEDAL RIDE.

Jump to newest

By *ucky_Lads OP   Couple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

WIGGINS GOLD MEDAL RIDE,4 golds total in career for wiggo after win in tt today.

chris froome took third place today.

great rides guys!.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

He won

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Big shout for wiggins at wembley stadium for the local boy when he captured gold

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Tour de France and Olympic Gold within 10 weeks of each other - he won't top that in his career. Well done lad.

over a year ago

"Tour de France and Olympic Gold within 10 weeks of each other - he won't top that in his career. Well done lad. "

within 10 DAYS!.

be a very longstanding record i think.

over a year ago

"Tour de France and Olympic Gold within 10 weeks of each other - he won't top that in his career. Well done lad.

within 10 DAYS!.

be a very longstanding record i think."

oops - you are correct.

over a year ago

"Tour de France and Olympic Gold within 10 weeks of each other - he won't top that in his career. Well done lad.

within 10 DAYS!.

be a very longstanding record i think.

oops - you are correct. "

been an exciting day for team GB

more gold tomorrow i think

over a year ago

"

more gold tomorrow i think"

Will be surprised if the men win the Team Sprint on the track tomorrow but Think Jess Varnish and Vickie P will do it

By *lassic1Man
over a year ago

bellshill

The voting for Sports personality will now centre on second place.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The voting for Sports personality will now centre on second place. "

absolutely..... I had a 20 pound bet with a mate on who would win sports personality of the year... I took bradley wiggins and give him everyone else....

he has just paid up!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/08/12 18:32:18]

over a year ago

"The voting for Sports personality will now centre on second place.

absolutely..... I had a 20 pound bet with a mate on who would win sports personality of the year... I took bradley wiggins and give him everyone else....

he has just paid up!!

"

Thats so funny...but true!!

over a year ago

Well done guys, great riding!!!

over a year ago

"

Will be surprised if the men win the Team Sprint on the track tomorrow but Think Jess Varnish and Vickie P will do it"

both team sprints will be very,very close but both our teams will be realy up for it now after brads ride.

just hope the new man one gets the change over line fixed in his head and then with kenny+hoy,who can tell?.

over a year ago

Tour de France and Olympic Gold in 10 days. Now the roads will be full of cyclists with no regard for absolutely anyone.

Get off the road and dont come back on until you GET A TAX DISC LIKE EVERY OTHER ROADUSER.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Tour de France and Olympic Gold in 10 days. Now the roads will be full of cyclists with no regard for absolutely anyone.

Get off the road and dont come back on until you GET A TAX DISC LIKE EVERY OTHER ROADUSER.

"

oh dear, how to bring a great day down

By *ara_and_MJCouple
over a year ago

rochdale

"Tour de France and Olympic Gold in 10 days. Now the roads will be full of cyclists with no regard for absolutely anyone.

"

Oh Dear, yet another sub-Clarksonesque rant with no basis in fact.

Cycles are classed for taxation purposes as a Band A vehicle - i.e. a vehicle that emits less than 100g/km, several cars are Band A vehicles, are you claiming they aren't legally eligible to use the roads?

'Road Tax' is a myth, it hasn't existed since 1937, so going by your photo you only paid Road Tax for around 10yrs.

Road Maintainance is funded by local taxation - i.e. Council Tax, which all adults are liable for.

Also, cyclists have a Legal Right to use the highways, along with equestrians and pedestrians, motorists are merely licensed to do so, and that license may be rescinded at any time. It would take an Act of Parliament to stop cyclists from acting on their legal right to the highways.

So, as cyclists have the right to the roads, and pay for them via Council Tax i suggest you don't know waht you are talking about and are in actuality just showing your ignorance and prejudice.

over a year ago

"

majority of cyclists over 18yrs of age are car owners!,now if they leave the bike at home and come out in their cars causing traffic jams you will have something else to moan about wont you?.

over a year ago

Cycles are classed for taxation purposes as a Band A vehicle - i.e. a vehicle that emits less than 100g/km, several cars are Band A vehicles, are you claiming they aren't legally eligible to use the roads?

'Road Tax' is a myth, it hasn't existed since 1937, so going by your photo you only paid Road Tax for around 10yrs.

Road Maintainance is funded by local taxation - i.e. Council Tax, which all adults are liable for.

Also, cyclists have a Legal Right to use the highways, along with equestrians and pedestrians, motorists are merely licensed to do so, and that license may be rescinded at any time. It would take an Act of Parliament to stop cyclists from acting on their legal right to the highways.

So, as cyclists have the right to the roads, and pay for them via Council Tax i suggest you don't know waht you are talking about and are in actuality just showing your ignorance and prejudice."

WHOOSH!,bet that went straight over his head!.

i think this sunday on my ride i will take a camera with me to see how many motorists i can catch talking on their mobile phones as they drive with no regard for absolutly anyone!.

over a year ago

"

Will be surprised if the men win the Team Sprint on the track tomorrow but Think Jess Varnish and Vickie P will do it

both team sprints will be very,very close but both our teams will be realy up for it now after brads ride.

just hope the new man one gets the change over line fixed in his head and then with kenny+hoy,who can tell?."

GB men will have had to make a considerable improvement to get gold, not an impossible ask but a tough one. Philip Hindes has one world championship as his only experience and screwed up so the pressure on him is immense.

Women is going to be very tight. Vickie P is in supposedly in the form of her life and Jess V is improving at every event.

over a year ago

So, as cyclists have the right to the roads, and pay for them via Council Tax i suggest you don't know waht you are talking about and are in actuality just showing your ignorance and prejudice.

i think this sunday on my ride i will take a camera with me to see how many motorists i can catch talking on their mobile phones as they drive with no regard for absolutly anyone!."

Personally I can;t be arsed to argue with the idiots who bore me moaning about road tax. Pointless.

Personally I have found the attitude by motorists is undeniably shifting and noticably so since the Tour.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

ooh everyone look at me me me...

sad

By *ara_and_MJCouple
over a year ago

rochdale

i think this sunday on my ride i will take a camera with me to see how many motorists i can catch talking on their mobile phones as they drive with no regard for absolutly anyone!."

I have a couple of helmet cams that i could use for the purpose, but it's not worth it. Mind you, coming out of a tesco carpark recently and the driver in front was on his phone. I'd followed him out of the carpark and he had been throwing the car around, tyres squealing whilst driving one-handed and blathering on his phone.

Stopped behind him at the lights and yelled "get off that f*****g phone!"

He turned, looked at me and asked if i was taling to him.

"Yes, you're on the phone - its illegal!"

put his phone down and wound his window up!

Right, wonder when the perthshire bloke is going to go on about jumping red lights...?

By *ara_and_MJCouple
over a year ago

rochdale

Hopefully Wiggins' wins with Team Sky and the good showing by Team GB in recent years will raise the general awareness of cycling in peoples minds but i won't hold my breath!

A fantastic effort by Wiggo and Froomes today that will hopefully act as a springboard for the track team.

Really hope Miss P does the job on that Aussie girl cos she's a real threat.

over a year ago

WE talk about raising awareness but it's just breaking that a cyclist has been killed by a media bus leaving the Olympic site tonight. RIP random cyclist.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"WE talk about raising awareness but it's just breaking that a cyclist has been killed by a media bus leaving the Olympic site tonight. RIP random cyclist."

yes indeed RIP x

over a year ago

"

Following the replies to the above,

1. I once witnessed a serious car crash on a dual carriageway (70mph limit)caused by a person using their mobile while driving, before the ban/offence was imposed. For this reason my answer phone message says, "Sorry, i can't take your call. I must be driving!"

2. I used to be a member of a cycling club back at home until I injured my knee (outside of cycling). The club helped me with my injury immensely. I got involved again when recovered but mainly for fitness and enjoyment. Then a year or so after passing my driving test I quit completely when i realised the extremely unsafe and unnecessary hindrance i and other cyclists were causing to other road users. At that time i used to cycle 34miles per day to and from work.

To add to this the same decision was made by a friend near manchester. He was a professional cyclist in belgium and france for eleven years. It was his life. When he returned home permanently he met a very nice lady, got married, had children and so passed his driving test. A year later he quit road cycling for the same reasons as I, and now only does cycling on designated forest tracks.

over a year ago

"WE talk about raising awareness but it's just breaking that a cyclist has been killed by a media bus leaving the Olympic site tonight. RIP random cyclist.

yes indeed RIP x"

Note: i did not see the above quoted before i posted.

Sympathies go out to his family and friends.

over a year ago

"Then a year or so after passing my driving test I quit completely when i realised the extremely unsafe and unnecessary hindrance i and other cyclists were causing to other road users.

"

Have you ever considered cycle training?

over a year ago

"WE talk about raising awareness but it's just breaking that a cyclist has been killed by a media bus leaving the Olympic site tonight. RIP random cyclist.

yes indeed RIP x

Sympathies go out to his family and friends."

To be honest whether you'd seen it or not makes no difference to the crass comments you have made. You have made your _iew on cyclists clear why would the death of one alter that?

over a year ago

yes indeed RIP x

To be honest whether you'd seen it or not makes no difference to the crass comments you have made. You have made your _iew on cyclists clear why would the death of one alter that?"

It doesnt.

I dont want to see anyone getting hurt or killed no matter how it happens.

In the mid or late nineties my brother was taking part in a charity cycle from belfast to dublin and back again. On the return leg two other cyclists died when hit by a drink-driver only two miles from where we actually lived. Fortunately my brother was a mile further back with his friend. They both understandably stopped at our home. Hundreds were taking part and the event had been running for quite a few years. The following year after this it was cancelled and never run again.

Read my comments carefully please.

Im making my comments from experience and knowledge.

When i was with the club, on training runs we were told to ignore cars especially when going downhill but if going uphill have the utmost respect for others as we dont wnt to have our rythym broken and if they dont like us, wind them up.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

A nice thread celebrating success is going to turn into a heated debate.

Why can't we just celebrate... And respect the poor cyclist who died

over a year ago

yes indeed RIP x

To be honest whether you'd seen it or not makes no difference to the crass comments you have made. You have made your _iew on cyclists clear why would the death of one alter that?

It doesnt.

I dont want to see anyone getting hurt or killed no matter how it happens.

In the mid or late nineties my brother was taking part in a charity cycle from belfast to dublin and back again. On the return leg two other cyclists died when hit by a drink-driver only two miles from where we actually lived. Fortunately my brother was a mile further back with his friend. They both understandably stopped at our home. Hundreds were taking part and the event had been running for quite a few years. The following year after this it was cancelled and never run again.

Read my comments carefully please.

Im making my comments from experience and knowledge.

When i was with the club, on training runs we were told to ignore cars especially when going downhill but if going uphill have the utmost respect for others as we dont wnt to have our rythym broken and if they dont like us, wind them up.

"

I read your comments closely. You said "get off the road and don;t comeback" which in London tonight has happened to one poor soul in horrific circumstances.

By *ice rideMan
over a year ago

solihull

Cycling is just plain great and I love it and here's to everyone out there on two wheels - stay safe, stay healthy and enjoy it - good for you!

Yes this is so true.. if you can get out with a mate or two even better , if not there are loads of free organised rides every weekend

And a cyclist bum is always firm. Lol

over a year ago

am sick and tired of car drivers driving on the roads with no consideration to other road users!,lighting cigarettes uses at least one hand and means taking eyes of the road,using a phone to make a phone call also uses a hand and takes mind off the road and other users.

but back comes the old chestnut of car tax!,driving cyclists off the road so drivers can smoke and make phone calls seems to be the purpose here.

chris boardmann olympic cyclist reccomended cyclist protect their place on the road and not to ride in the gutter where you are more likely to get knocked by cars trying to sneak through gaps and it is also where the glass and rubbish are brushed which are likely to cause punctures and have cyclists swerve out to avoid.

Post new Message to Thread