Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Re the yanks saying the chinese girl was doped. bad bad

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

We're saying it too. Well, certain newspapers anyway.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Re the yanks saying the chinese girl was doped. bad bad "

Thw words sour and grapes spring to mind. No one accused Michael Phelps of doping when he smashed all his records...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

the 'yanks' have distanced themselves from the remarks made..

probably a lot of people do have suspicions though, given the history of the Chinese...

over a year ago

a 16 year old girl who can swim faster than men is some acheivement!

over a year ago

Was she? Who knows we had that runner Dwane Dibbley who did a bit of funky stuff.

over a year ago

"Re the yanks saying the chinese girl was doped. bad bad

Thw words sour and grapes spring to mind. No one accused Michael Phelps of doping when he smashed all his records..."

They did though there were a couple of questions asked back then but tests came up negatively.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

why dont they have compulsory testing like the cycling?

when wiggins won TDF he couldnt do any nter_iews until he'd gone to fill a plastic cup...

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Chinese swimmers don't compete in international competitions until the year before the Olympics

The dope has worked its magic by then

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"Chinese swimmers don't compete in international competitions until the year before the Olympics

The dope has worked its magic by then"

A lot of the chinese swimmers train in the USA amongst other countries

By *ighly ProfessionalMan
over a year ago

peterborough

Please let stop knocking the chinese until we know otherwise. Anyway dont want them doping our take aways for the next 4 years do we

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"Please let stop knocking the chinese until we know otherwise. Anyway dont want them doping our take aways for the next 4 years do we "

dope would be the least of your worries

over a year ago

wasnt it blaco that helped marian jones win all them gold medals by masking steroids?

and which country was she from ?

over a year ago

I really don't get all the bru-ha-ha about this as they all know that all medal winners are dope-tested as a matter of course. This 16y/o has been tested 4 times this year and come through clean as a whistle. It isn't unknown in swimming for drop 5 seconds off a personal best from 14 to 16 years of age. The Americans should know better and this is nothing more than sour grapes.

over a year ago

They did lol as they did with Thorpe. If someone smashes a few records that have stood a little while or looked unbeatable then questtions will be asked. Even more so when its a 16/17 year old who has never shown signs of breaking them before.

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

I really don't get all the bru-ha-ha about this as they all know that all medal winners are dope-tested as a matter of course. This 16y/o has been tested 4 times this year and come through clean as a whistle. It isn't unknown in swimming for drop 5 seconds off a personal best from 14 to 16 years of age. The Americans should know better and this is nothing more than sour grapes."

Cause if we (Americans) Can't swim that fast and break records like that then nobody can as we are the best! so I'm sorry you must be cheating and as a result I will be taking my ball home

over a year ago

I really don't get all the bru-ha-ha about this as they all know that all medal winners are dope-tested as a matter of course. This 16y/o has been tested 4 times this year and come through clean as a whistle. It isn't unknown in swimming for drop 5 seconds off a personal best from 14 to 16 years of age. The Americans should know better and this is nothing more than sour grapes."

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if you want to here about bad sportsmanship...... you should have heard what happened in the badminton last night

teams were deliberately lose...... even I would have won a few games last night...

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"wasnt it blaco that helped marian jones win all them gold medals by masking steroids?

and which country was she from ?"

over a year ago

"if you want to here about bad sportsmanship...... you should have heard what happened in the badminton last night

teams were deliberately lose...... even I would have won a few games last night... "

Took the words out of my mouth. Absolutely shocking. Both teams should have been removed from the event

over a year ago

"if you want to here about bad sportsmanship...... you should have heard what happened in the badminton last night

teams were deliberately lose...... even I would have won a few games last night... "

Apparently they we're getting coached by Mark Hughes!

At least that's what all the Man Utd fans were saying in the pub last night!!

over a year ago

teams were deliberately lose...... even I would have won a few games last night...

Took the words out of my mouth. Absolutely shocking. Both teams should have been removed from the event "

Saw that on the BBC this morning in a news round up of events.. The teams involved will be charged i believe and rightly so.

over a year ago

Took the words out of my mouth. Absolutely shocking. Both teams should have been removed from the event

Saw that on the BBC this morning in a news round up of events.. The teams involved will be charged i believe and rightly so. "

Just checked the BBC - the charges are "not using one's best efforts to win a match" and conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport".

So in laymans terms - 'Playing like a twat so you don't get harder opposition in the next round' and 'Making badminton look bad and ruining the chance that kids will give up their playstations/xboxes and take up the sport'.

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

Plus Ian Thorpe himself said that he had dropped 5 seconds in a year between the ages of 15 and 16. American sports stars have been exposed over the last couple of years of being dope cheats just as much as the Chinese have in the past, and every single medal winner is dope tested straight after the event anyway

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

there are reports that the 4 sets of pairs that engaged in the badminton fiasco last night have been thrown out of the tournament.... and about right!!!

over a year ago

"there are reports that the 4 sets of pairs that engaged in the badminton fiasco last night have been thrown out of the tournament.... and about right!!!"

Yep all 4 pairs have been disqualified, the right result.

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"there are reports that the 4 sets of pairs that engaged in the badminton fiasco last night have been thrown out of the tournament.... and about right!!!

Yep all 4 pairs have been disqualified, the right result."

over a year ago

"there are reports that the 4 sets of pairs that engaged in the badminton fiasco last night have been thrown out of the tournament.... and about right!!!

Yep all 4 pairs have been disqualified, the right result. "

great news! i saw briefly a clip of it was so obvious that was their intentions

over a year ago

"why dont they have compulsory testing like the cycling?

when wiggins won TDF he couldnt do any nter_iews until he'd gone to fill a plastic cup...

"

All the medalists will be tested, and some randoms as well. Waste of time as only an idiot dopes in competition rather than training. It's why people get banned for missing out of competition tests and why some people train in very obscure locations.

As for the Americans, well China are the new Russia and America (amongst others) used to cast similar comments about the old Eastern Block countries. Their hypocrisy seemingly knows no limits and if a cheap political point can be scored then so be it.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

agreed and glad someone grew a set and took that decision...

would have demanded my ticket money back tbh..

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I wouldn't like to be in their shoes when they get back home, I would guess they will be punished for bring the country into disrepute

over a year ago

in Lancashire

I wouldn't like to be in their shoes when they get back home, I would guess they will be punished for bring the country into disrepute"

they did'nt do so without the instructions of their team officials i suspect..

they need to totally change how badminton competition's work, not the first time this has happened at 'that level'..

over a year ago

I wouldn't like to be in their shoes when they get back home, I would guess they will be punished for bring the country into disrepute

they need to totally change how badminton competition's work, not the first time this has happened at 'that level'.."

plenty of room in the gulag

Wolf

over a year ago

in Lancashire

they need to totally change how badminton competition's work, not the first time this has happened at 'that level'..

plenty of room in the gulag

Wolf

"

thought they had all been turned into time shares...

in the 'new' free market China..

over a year ago

"

Yeah that will have come from the coaches, not the players. Kinda feel sorry for them in a way, they were in a no win situation (pardon the pun). If they won the game, they'd most likely never play for their country again.

The coaches should be stripped of their badges by the WBF.

By *annGentMan
over a year ago

With a cracking _iew

Thought the interesting thing about the Chinese swimmer was when she said that she's not taken any banned substances.

If there's something new out there, does the anti-doping agency know about everything that can be taken ?

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Apparently they now.have a way of storing part of a sample so.it won't deteriorate and can be tested for.other substances later

over a year ago

"Thought the interesting thing about the Chinese swimmer was when she said that she's not taken any banned substances.

If there's something new out there, does the anti-doping agency know about everything that can be taken ?"

In every sporting endeavour, there is the urge to perform at a level higher than that ever done before. Every single facet of a sporting discipline has been taken apart, optimised and put back together in the name of progress, whether it be the 'fast suits' hi tech apparel, sports training doctrines, or sports nutrition which has evolved its own ways in 'energy management'. Each time a small (and it is small these days) advance is made, the competition screams fix until the ruling body intervenes and makes that aspect either

standardised or pealed back to a uniform level.

In this day and age the most technically advanced nations have a slight (very very slight) edge to the rest of the world. So much is

manufactured in Asia now that there are no secrets to the Asian continent, but at the same time, you can be sure the chinese mind is evolving yet better ways of doing things and of being.

If it is proved to be a hitherto undetected doping regime, then I hope it is uncovered for the sake of the sport. If it is a 'new way' then I hope equally that it finds its way into the doctrines of the rest of the world so as to improve the sport, for the good of the sport itself.

Time and testing will prove this either way.

Wolf

Post new Message to Thread