By *hampagne_Supernova_91Man
over a year ago

Manchester

What's this? Thread 5! What have I missed

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After a week off (due to my mum passing away) plus the week before i wasn't doing well, i have checked my weight loss app and now I've only lost 5lb since new year. However I feel more motivated again and will eat well today, probably won't go for a walk but will be gardening

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"After a week off (due to my mum passing away) plus the week before i wasn't doing well, i have checked my weight loss app and now I've only lost 5lb since new year. However I feel more motivated again and will eat well today, probably won't go for a walk but will be gardening "

Hi Nell I'm glad you're feeling more motivated now x

Send some motivation my way please

I've put on 5lbs over the last month.

Back on it tomorrow starting with a bike ride today.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"After a week off (due to my mum passing away) plus the week before i wasn't doing well, i have checked my weight loss app and now I've only lost 5lb since new year. However I feel more motivated again and will eat well today, probably won't go for a walk but will be gardening

Hi Nell I'm glad you're feeling more motivated now x

Send some motivation my way please

I've put on 5lbs over the last month.

Back on it tomorrow starting with a bike ride today.

"

Thank you

I'm sure your motivation will come back now with nice weather

Reply privately

By *00KissesCouple
over a year ago

Stourbridge

Warmer weather and lighter nights certainly helps

I take our dog longer walks

Carry on carrying on all I'm 1lb down this week

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

So sorry to hear your sad news Nell.

Well I've started my healthy eating again this week. One of my jobs at the moment is fairly physical and it's going to be for a few months, so thought I really should eat more healthy and hopefully shed lots of weight. I want to loose 3 stone but I will be happy with a stone first.

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"So sorry to hear your sad news Nell.

Well I've started my healthy eating again this week. One of my jobs at the moment is fairly physical and it's going to be for a few months, so thought I really should eat more healthy and hopefully shed lots of weight. I want to loose 3 stone but I will be happy with a stone first.

"

This is Mrs by the way.

Reply privately

By *heeriskingMan
over a year ago

Stockport

Lost 3 stone over the last 12 months. 2 pound last week.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So sorry to hear your sad news Nell.

"

Thank you x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Lost 3 stone over the last 12 months. 2 pound last week. "

Well done

Reply privately

over a year ago

As with the threads before, its great for people to share their success stories and spread a little motivation in the air.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As with the threads before, its great for people to share their success stories and spread a little motivation in the air. "

Yes it is isn't it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unfortunately I've not been doing well put 2lb on xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Unfortunately I've not been doing well put 2lb on xx"

You will do better this week Kat xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Unfortunately I've not been doing well put 2lb on xx

You will do better this week Kat xx"

Thanks I really hope so xx

Reply privately

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

"Unfortunately I've not been doing well put 2lb on xx"

Draw a line and move on, you are human x

Reply privately

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

I have lost another 3lb

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Unfortunately I've not been doing well put 2lb on xx

Draw a line and move on, you are human x"

Thanks lovely xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have lost another 3lb "

Well done lovely xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have lost another 3lb "

Well done x

Reply privately

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

Thankyou x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm bumping this for those losing weight.

I'm having a break for a couple of weeks due to several traumatic, stressfull events in life.

I have been eating less, not much of an appetite but then craving sweet things !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I did 2lbs this week

I'll probably put them back on today though - I'm cooking a roast

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I did 2lbs this week

I'll probably put them back on today though - I'm cooking a roast "

Well done

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"I'm bumping this for those losing weight.

I'm having a break for a couple of weeks due to several traumatic, stressfull events in life.

I have been eating less, not much of an appetite but then craving sweet things !!"

You need the break when you're going through the stress and upset. Eat whatever you fancy and drink plenty of water. You need to do whatever you have to do to bring yourself comfort. Big hugs.

I'm still eating healthy but I'm not getting in the scales for another week or so. I'm back in my smaller size jeans though so that brought a smile to my face.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had a really good week 5lb of I have no idea how the heck I did it zx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have been eating less, not much of an appetite but then craving sweet things !!"

Hey lovely sending you massive big hugs. Your emotions will be all over the place just don't worry about it be kind to yourself xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I did 2lbs this week

I'll probably put them back on today though - I'm cooking a roast "

Well done enjoy the roast I'm making a curry but will only have a small bowl xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have been eating less, not much of an appetite but then craving sweet things !!

You need the break when you're going through the stress and upset. Eat whatever you fancy and drink plenty of water. You need to do whatever you have to do to bring yourself comfort. Big hugs.

I'm still eating healthy but I'm not getting in the scales for another week or so. I'm back in my smaller size jeans though so that brought a smile to my face."

This is really sweet advice and I do feel like it might benefit certain people.

Personally though, that attitude is a big part of what got me to my highest weight. Eating when I was stressed/upset/angry etc. What I've found over the stresses of the past year is that eating healthy and exercising works better to control my emotions and calm down my anxiety than food ever has.

Food might make you feel better for a few minutes but after that you'll feel shit again. Get some fresh air. Go for a walk. Cut out sugar and drink plenty of water. After a few days you'll feel a mental clarity that will give you a natural high and get you through whatever it is that's stressing you out. I promise!

Reply privately

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

So last time I posted on one of these I was considering taking a break and eating maintenance calories for a while to try to reset things as I'd stopped losing weight. It worked and my first week back to it after a 10 day break I lost 3lbs . I'm now 9lbs down since Christmas. Very pleased!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm still eating healthy but I'm not getting in the scales for another week or so. I'm back in my smaller size jeans though so that brought a smile to my face.

Personally though, that attitude is a big part of what got me to my highest weight. Eating when I was stressed/upset/angry etc. What I've found over the stresses of the past year is that eating healthy and exercising works better to control my emotions and calm down my anxiety than food ever has.

Food might make you feel better for a few minutes but after that you'll feel shit again. Get some fresh air. Go for a walk. Cut out sugar and drink plenty of water. After a few days you'll feel a mental clarity that will give you a natural high and get you through whatever it is that's stressing you out. I promise! "

Yep after nearly a year of the current situation, it’s clear more than ever comfort eating is not the best way to manage stress, boredom or emotions! I’m joining the food is fuel brigade and nice things in small doses are treats. Trying to get my motivation going for exercise so I feel ready and not too disheartened to tackle the gym when it reopens...exercise is the best way to deal with stresses and get that good mood boost.

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Food might make you feel better for a few minutes but after that you'll feel shit again. Get some fresh air. Go for a walk. Cut out sugar and drink plenty of water. After a few days you'll feel a mental clarity that will give you a natural high and get you through whatever it is that's stressing you out. I promise! "

Yes I totally get what you're saying. It can be a Catch 22 situation. Sometimes though you can't focus enough to do the healthy stuff and you end up beating yourself up and feeling very guilty about it because you can't do it. It's not easy to stay strong and be focused when you're going through a traumatic period. But as you say, food is only a temporary comfort and you can feel worse afterwards. Its finding the happy medium, which is easier said than done.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm still eating healthy but I'm not getting in the scales for another week or so. I'm back in my smaller size jeans though so that brought a smile to my face."

Thank you x

Well done

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I had a really good week 5lb of I have no idea how the heck I did it zx"

Well done x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hey lovely sending you massive big hugs. Your emotions will be all over the place just don't worry about it be kind to yourself xx"

Thank you xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I so need to lose some weight, the belly is looking bloody gross in the mirror at the moment. I think I need to reset my head a little bit on the weight thing.. He says with a leg of lamb in the oven.. xx

Reply privately

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Wednesday weigh in showed I'm now 10lbs down since the end of January - if I can get somewhere in the 13st range (about another 7-10lbs away) by end of April I'll be happy

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's not going to work for me at the moment ... my mum has died, I'm very sad, angry at some of her treatment and also dealing with her estate, arranging her funeral etc. I also have a child that is homeless due to house moving issues that aren't their fault.

Eating healthy, drinking lots of water and exercising isn't going to make me feel better (not that i can exercise much anyway due to disability and also i have to limit my fluid intake)

So i'll stick with having a rest from it for a few weeks

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So last time I posted on one of these I was considering taking a break and eating maintenance calories for a while to try to reset things as I'd stopped losing weight. It worked and my first week back to it after a 10 day break I lost 3lbs . I'm now 9lbs down since Christmas. Very pleased! "

Well done x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I so need to lose some weight, the belly is looking bloody gross in the mirror at the moment. I think I need to reset my head a little bit on the weight thing.. He says with a leg of lamb in the oven.. xx"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wednesday weigh in showed I'm now 10lbs down since the end of January - if I can get somewhere in the 13st range (about another 7-10lbs away) by end of April I'll be happy "

Well done x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hey lovely sending you massive big hugs. Your emotions will be all over the place just don't worry about it be kind to yourself xx

Thank you xx"

Your welcome xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wednesday weigh in showed I'm now 10lbs down since the end of January - if I can get somewhere in the 13st range (about another 7-10lbs away) by end of April I'll be happy "

Well done I'm sure you will manage that xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I so need to lose some weight, the belly is looking bloody gross in the mirror at the moment. I think I need to reset my head a little bit on the weight thing.. He says with a leg of lamb in the oven.. xx

"

Het Nell fancy sharing some of the lamb? Plenty to share around xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I did 2lbs this week

Well done enjoy the roast I'm making a curry but will only have a small bowl xx"

Thanks lovely- it's a struggle!

Well done on your 5lbs - that's amazing

I didn't make a roast my sister cancelled- so I had cereal

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm on day 7 of a new diet. I have three stone to lose

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I did 2lbs this week

Well done enjoy the roast I'm making a curry but will only have a small bowl xx

Thanks lovely- it's a struggle!

Well done on your 5lbs - that's amazing

I didn't make a roast my sister cancelled- so I had cereal

"

It really is and thanks oh dear that's a shame but you should of had more than cereal xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm on day 7 of a new diet. I have three stone to lose "

Good luck wish I only had 3 to lose xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm on day 7 of a new diet. I have three stone to lose

Good luck wish I only had 3 to lose xx"

Thank you x

Reply privately

By *00KissesCouple
over a year ago

Stourbridge

Hit a bit of a plateau,, 1lb off in 2 weeks.. Hate to admit need to up the exercise,,

I'll keep going but harder to keep motivated when results not as good

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Het Nell fancy sharing some of the lamb? Plenty to share around xxx"

Yes please

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Het Nell fancy sharing some of the lamb? Plenty to share around xxx

Yes please "

Door is open xx

Reply privately

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

So I'm eating less, moving more, haven't drank alcohol since new year and have lost a grand total of 2lb since Christmas. I think I'm actually broken.

Reply privately

By *00KissesCouple
over a year ago

Stourbridge

"So I'm eating less, moving more, haven't drank alcohol since new year and have lost a grand total of 2lb since Christmas. I think I'm actually broken."

In the right direction and doesn't look like you have much to lose

Keep going

Reply privately

over a year ago

I gained a 1lb in the weeks since my mum died, I'm suprised it wasn't more !!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Although today, mums funeral, I've probably gained loads because I've had wine, chocolate and trifle

Reply privately

By *superfuse663Man
over a year ago

manchester

I'm about the same as I was last march. Hoping to get down to my last August weight and shape by may so around a stone, can easily do it if I cut the drinking and snacks

Reply privately

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

"Although today, mums funeral, I've probably gained loads because I've had wine, chocolate and trifle "

Its totally understandable, food is comfort x

Reply privately

By *00KissesCouple
over a year ago

Stourbridge

How's everyone doing?

Nell thoughts with you after I expect a difficult Sunday xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How's everyone doing?

Nell thoughts with you after I expect a difficult Sunday xx

"

Thank you, that's very kind. It was an odd day without mum but i recieved amazing pressies which cheered me up.

I had cake so today i need to move more and eat less xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

How are you ? Xx

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"How are you ? Xx"

We are good thanks, more importantly we hope you're bearing up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How are you ? Xx

We are good thanks, more importantly we hope you're bearing up "

I am thanks xx

Reply privately

By *00KissesCouple
over a year ago

Stourbridge

Glad to hear you're well xx

I had cheesecake mothers day although a very small piece with sugar free jelly my new best friend xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Glad to hear you're well xx

I had cheesecake mothers day although a very small piece with sugar free jelly my new best friend xx "

Yummy xx

Reply privately

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

I got super fat in my absence

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have struggled the past few weeks with family, emotional stuff and had put weight back on so that i was only down 3lb from when i started.

Today I'm starting again. I feel motivated again now

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hey all how's everyone doing tbh I've had a rough day so just are half an Easter egg and had 2 Palma violet gins xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hi Kat, i had 2 gins last night too xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just discovering this thread.

I’m down 22lbs since Jan 1st. Done this mostly by counting calories (aim for between 1400 and 1600 each day), hitting 10k steps at least 5 days a week and I’ve just started weight training (very much a beginner). Always looking for support group chats as my real world friends and family are bored of me talking about it

Reply privately

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

Good morning all, I have joined team rh , they seem the most realistic plan ive ever seen tbh, we shall see

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just discovering this thread.

I’m down 22lbs since Jan 1st. Done this mostly by counting calories (aim for between 1400 and 1600 each day), hitting 10k steps at least 5 days a week and I’ve just started weight training (very much a beginner). Always looking for support group chats as my real world friends and family are bored of me talking about it "

That's brilliant, well donexx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Good morning all, I have joined team rh , they seem the most realistic plan ive ever seen tbh, we shall see "

What's rh ?xx

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

PT and dietician

I offer free diet advice to anyone that needs it really

Message me if you want some help

Reply privately

over a year ago

"PT and dietician

Message me if you want some help "

Can you help me stop eating cake!

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"PT and dietician

Can you help me stop eating cake!"

Yes give me the cake

Reply privately

over a year ago

"PT and dietician

Yes give me the cake "

I don’t think that’s the answer lol

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"PT and dietician

Yes give me the cake

I don’t think that’s the answer lol"

Oh trust me I’ll make that cake disappear

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok, not posted for a few weeks now as I've been trying to keep off the scales as long as possible to see some change.

I've dropped just under a stone and a half in that time.

I know it'll start getting harder but I've signed myself up for a martial art class and I'm starting swimming when the pools reopen so I'm hoping it'll continue on a downwards slope.

Hope you're all doing OK too x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ok, not posted for a few weeks now as I've been trying to keep off the scales as long as possible to see some change.

I've dropped just under a stone and a half in that time.

I know it'll start getting harder but I've signed myself up for a martial art class and I'm starting swimming when the pools reopen so I'm hoping it'll continue on a downwards slope.

Hope you're all doing OK too x "

Well done x

Reply privately

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"Good morning all, I have joined team rh , they seem the most realistic plan ive ever seen tbh, we shall see "

They do talk a good talk, and obviously work for some people, how much did it cost you to join up?

Reply privately

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

"Good morning all, I have joined team rh , they seem the most realistic plan ive ever seen tbh, we shall see

They do talk a good talk, and obviously work for some people, how much did it cost you to join up?"

4.99 a month and half the 19.99 joining fee , a lot cheaper than most "diet" plans tbf

Reply privately

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

"Good morning all, I have joined team rh , they seem the most realistic plan ive ever seen tbh, we shall see

What's rh ?xx"

Inboxed you lovely x

Reply privately

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

They do talk a good talk, and obviously work for some people, how much did it cost you to join up?

4.99 a month and half the 19.99 joining fee , a lot cheaper than most "diet" plans tbf"

Well please keep us updated on how you get on.

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Im really struggling to loose weight but I'm toning up and getting fitter so settling for that right now.

Back at the gym next week,I'm very excited about it

Mrs

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's rh ?xx

Inboxed you lovely x"

Oh can you please send me the info too lovely xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's rh ?xx

Inboxed you lovely x"

Thank you. It's a bit full on for me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Morning I'm just checking in - I've been completely rubbish and have lost the plot with it all

I've been gaining and regaining tge same 5lbs for about 6 months now.

I still have 45lbs to lose.

It's a struggle

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm the same, i have struggled since my mum died although this week i have eaten well (had gin though) but havn't lost weight. I need to walk more but it's so painful but if i lost weight the pain might improve a bit xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm the same, i have struggled since my mum died although this week i have eaten well (had gin though) but havn't lost weight. I need to walk more but it's so painful but if i lost weight the pain might improve a bit xx"

Be kind to yourself Nell x

It's difficult enough suffering a loss without putting added pressure on yourself.

I have had Gin too - and wine

We will probably eat naughty stuff tonight too.

I'm just not in the zone

Maybe when the gyms open again swimming could be a good option for pain free exercise?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes, swimming would be good xx

Reply privately

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

I lost 4 stone in 4 months.

No exercise.

Go keto carnivore folks.

Hard start but 2 weeks in and you are flying.

Reply privately

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"I lost 4 stone in 4 months.

No exercise.

Go keto carnivore folks.

Hard start but 2 weeks in and you are flying."

Do you do keto or carnivore?

Reply privately

over a year ago

No exercise.

Go keto carnivore folks.

Hard start but 2 weeks in and you are flying."

Not keto carnivore myself but can definitely vouch for keto!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I love carbs

Reply privately

By *astesLikeMagicWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

Hey, new to the thread, would like to lose a bit, not sure how much as I daren't go on the scales

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love carbs "

Me too lol xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love carbs

Me too lol xx"

xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love carbs

Me too lol xx

xx"

Im dreading going on the scales tomorrow xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love carbs

Me too lol xx

xx

Im dreading going on the scales tomorrow xx"

Don't worry Kat, we all have good and not so good weeks xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I love carbs

Me too lol xx

xx

Im dreading going on the scales tomorrow xx

Don't worry Kat, we all have good and not so good weeks xx"

Don't stand on them Kat - promise yourself a better week this week and weigh in next week.

Or maybe have a smaller item of clothing as your goal rather than what the scales say.

Oh and I am never giving up carbs!

I would rather be fat

I used to do fad diets when I was younger - I was a size 10 /12 but really unhappy.

Everything revolved around what I could and couldn't eat - it was exhausting!

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

I have just looked at keto and put in my statistics, it says 30g carbs a day with 126g fat a day. Not a chance. I can't do without carbs and I'm not prepared to eat that much fat a day. My arteries will be clogged.

Reply privately

By *reatformeatWoman
over a year ago

my own bubble

As anyone tried meal prep king ?

Reply privately

By *oirinMarkusCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands and West London

I'm not one for counting. I'll look when I'm buying but I don't track calories in an app. I eat with "Skinny sauces" during the week, and have lots of protein and fancy salads from M&S and other places. I also have low cal desserts. I save my gluttony for the weekend...

What has worked for me is a week/ fortnight workout program online, I suggest Chloe Ting. I also go on walks after dinner when I can xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am at 20kg lost since last June. I've found that small gains now and again are fine as they come off relatively easy. The trick is not to be downhearted by the gains. All in all I've had ups and downs but I've managed to maintain my new normal and then I will push again to lose more to get to another normal

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm with those of you who can't give up carbs, i love them although i do limit them now. I don't like to eat to much meat either so I'd be rubbish at keto.

I have lost track of what day i weigh myself (every day is the same since I'm not working !!) but i think i weigh on fridays but I'm going to change it to sundays as I'm back at work soon.

So i weighed myself today and i have lost 2lb since friday (i think).

I will probably put it all back on today lol xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I lost 15kg during this Lockdown.i feel more motivated and more horny than before

Reply privately

over a year ago

I have lost weight and toned up last couple of months... Running at lot and no excuse to drink alcohol! (god only knows what happen after lockdown!).... But does anyone track their food intake/calorie every day?... Its hard to keep that up i think... I have just resorted to loads of food as healthy as possible with treats thrown in every now and again

Reply privately

By *edheadsruleCouple
over a year ago

lancashire

I have started tracking everything I eat, weighing food is an eyeopener, id been guesstimating portions for years, I was way out

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"I have lost weight and toned up last couple of months... Running at lot and no excuse to drink alcohol! (god only knows what happen after lockdown!).... But does anyone track their food intake/calorie every day?... Its hard to keep that up i think... I have just resorted to loads of food as healthy as possible with treats thrown in every now and again "

Yes I track absolutely everything that passes my lips. It's amazing how the calories add up. I also weigh all my food. But don't take my advise as the weight isn't coming off, but I am toning up and have built up lots of muscle where I've never had muscle before. Overall health and fitness is what counts, not what the scales say.

Reply privately

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Don't forget the importance of a good set of accurate scales and a sound floor to place them on.

I had a set once that would happily declare that I had put on or lost up to a stone within a few hours

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well I did it I stepped on the scales and put 2lb on however I know in lossing inches as bought a new dress in a 22 and it's to big an 18 would fit xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well I did it I stepped on the scales and put 2lb on however I know in lossing inches as bought a new dress in a 22 and it's to big an 18 would fit xx"

Hey that's brilliant Kat, well done xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well I did it I stepped on the scales and put 2lb on however I know in lossing inches as bought a new dress in a 22 and it's to big an 18 would fit xx

Hey that's brilliant Kat, well done xx"

Thanks how are you today xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well I did it I stepped on the scales and put 2lb on however I know in lossing inches as bought a new dress in a 22 and it's to big an 18 would fit xx

Thanks how are you today xx"

I'm ok thanks, I havn't cried yet today so that's a first for these past few weeks !!

I have been told I'm back at work soon, before my 2nd jab, that's worrying as i have been shielding, just hope i get the 2nd jab soon !!

Xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm ok thanks, I havn't cried yet today so that's a first for these past few weeks !!

I have been told I'm back at work soon, before my 2nd jab, that's worrying as i have been shielding, just hope i get the 2nd jab soon !!

Xx"

Bless you it's a good start. Have they give you a date for your return? When did you have your 1st jab? Contact 119 and try booking your second xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Xx

Bless you it's a good start. Have they give you a date for your return? When did you have your 1st jab? Contact 119 and try booking your second xx"

My 2nd is due by the end of april but I'm going to see if i can have it sooner plus use some A/L so i can go back after my 2nd jab xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have lost weight and toned up last couple of months... Running at lot and no excuse to drink alcohol! (god only knows what happen after lockdown!).... But does anyone track their food intake/calorie every day?... Its hard to keep that up i think... I have just resorted to loads of food as healthy as possible with treats thrown in every now and again

Yes I track absolutely everything that passes my lips. It's amazing how the calories add up. I also weigh all my food. But don't take my advise as the weight isn't coming off, but I am toning up and have built up lots of muscle where I've never had muscle before. Overall health and fitness is what counts, not what the scales say. "

... Well that's a good thing... Who cares what you weight... That's only a number... If you toning and building muscle then you will look fab. I needed to loose a bit of the wobble (I'm z beer, bread and cake lover!)... But I'm near my ideal weight now so just need to tone.. Easier said than done of course!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I have lost weight and toned up last couple of months... Running at lot and no excuse to drink alcohol! (god only knows what happen after lockdown!).... But does anyone track their food intake/calorie every day?... Its hard to keep that up i think... I have just resorted to loads of food as healthy as possible with treats thrown in every now and again "

I weigh and count every calorie (except green veg) using MyFitnessPal, it’s a great app and is really user friendly, it has a feature where you just scan the barcode and it’ll give you calories. I’d be careful about just eating ‘healthy’ foods because some healthy foods (avocado, seeds, nuts) can be very high in calories.

Reply privately

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

No exercise.

Go keto carnivore folks.

Do you do keto or carnivore? "

Carnivore.

Haven't eaten anything other than meat, fish, butter, cream or eggs for 8 months.

Never felt more alert of energised.

I advise ketovore..the above with green veg added...because it isn't easy to get into.

Once you are over your carb addiction, food no longer controls you. I can go 36 hrs without eating but only feel empty...not hungry.

Weird, but true.

Reply privately

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple
over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

I only started last week but am currently 6lbs down. Only another 4 stone to go

Lily

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I only started last week but am currently 6lbs down. Only another 4 stone to go

Lily "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Xx

Bless you it's a good start. Have they give you a date for your return? When did you have your 1st jab? Contact 119 and try booking your second xx

My 2nd is due by the end of april but I'm going to see if i can have it sooner plus use some A/L so i can go back after my 2nd jab xx"

Good idea lovely xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

No exercise.

Go keto carnivore folks.

Carnivore.

Haven't eaten anything other than meat, fish, butter, cream or eggs for 8 months.

I advise ketovore..the above with green veg added...because it isn't easy to get into.

Once you are over your carb addiction, food no longer controls you. I can go 36 hrs without eating but only feel empty...not hungry.

Weird, but true. "

Totally agree with the above, however I'm vegetarian and have found it easy to incorporate meat replacements into a keto diet.

I found that once my cravings for sugar and carbs went, I started to appreciate whole foods so much more. If you'd have told me a year ago I'd crave fresh bell pepper and cucumber over chocolate and crisps I'd have pissed myself from laughing

Also agree with the bit about going long periods without food. I got into prolonged, intermittent fasting for 48 hours at a time which really taught me what true hunger is vs head hunger and boredom eating.

It's really not as extreme as it sounds, provided you take it slow and don't push it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've put on 2lbs, I'm suprised it's not more with the amount of chocolate I've eaten

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've lost 2lb

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've lost 2lb "

Well done i lost a lb xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well done!!

I've been good, cut out all bad foods, walked over 6 miles a day plus extra exercise and I've put on this week!! I'm hoping it's just muscles building as my body hasn't worked this hard in years

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well done!!

I've been good, cut out all bad foods, walked over 6 miles a day plus extra exercise and I've put on this week!! I'm hoping it's just muscles building as my body hasn't worked this hard in years "

Sounds like it is muscle building xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well done!!

I've been good, cut out all bad foods, walked over 6 miles a day plus extra exercise and I've put on this week!! I'm hoping it's just muscles building as my body hasn't worked this hard in years "

See by your clothes not the scales

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've lost 2lb

Well done i lost a lb xx"

Yeahhh well done xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Well done!!

It's got to be muscles xx

Reply privately

By *ensualkinkMan
over a year ago

hotel or at yours

No exercise.

Go keto carnivore folks.

Carnivore.

Weird, but true.

Totally agree with the above, however I'm vegetarian and have found it easy to incorporate meat replacements into a keto diet.

I found that once my cravings for sugar and carbs went, I started to appreciate whole foods so much more. If you'd have told me a year ago I'd crave fresh bell pepper and cucumber over chocolate and crisps I'd have pissed myself from laughing

Also agree with the bit about going long periods without food. I got into prolonged, intermittent fasting for 48 hours at a time which really taught me what true hunger is vs head hunger and boredom eating.

It's really not as extreme as it sounds, provided you take it slow and don't push it. "

Wow. That is inspiring. I am a vegetarian and started fasting recently.

I am still at a place where I get dreams of potato fries and occasionally day dream of ice cream.

I am a kilo away from my short-term target.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've lost 2lb

Well done i lost a lb xx

Yeahhh well done xx"

Thanks lovely how has your week been xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Going through a shit time hardly eaten since Monday just breakfast as I have to take pills, lost 2 kilos since Monday was going to have home made soup and a bread roll for tea but felt sick just thinking about it. Been back in the pool 3 days going every day till Sunday off work sick as well

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've lost 2lb

Well done i lost a lb xx

Yeahhh well done xx

Thanks lovely how has your week been xx"

Good thanks. Yours ? Xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Going through a shit time hardly eaten since Monday just breakfast as I have to take pills, lost 2 kilos since Monday was going to have home made soup and a bread roll for tea but felt sick just thinking about it. Been back in the pool 3 days going every day till Sunday off work sick as well "

Maybe the tablets are making you feel sick ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I've lost 2lb

Well done i lost a lb xx

Yeahhh well done xx

Thanks lovely how has your week been xx

Good thanks. Yours ? Xx"

That's good and yes it's been ok thanks xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Going through a shit time hardly eaten since Monday just breakfast as I have to take pills, lost 2 kilos since Monday was going to have home made soup and a bread roll for tea but felt sick just thinking about it. Been back in the pool 3 days going every day till Sunday off work sick as well No its stress my brother who is a bully to me and the rest of the family got his just desserts on Monday he started on my son my son kept walking away from him but brother would not leave it my son snapped and gave him a good

Beating worried now what the next move will be

Maybe the tablets are making you feel sick ?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

I lost 2lb this week. Slowly going, just not fast enough

Reply privately

over a year ago

4lb off for me

Reply privately

over a year ago

"4lb off for me "

Well done

Reply privately

By *G999Man
over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

Here's a quick question for the amateur psychologists.

What is it about seeing the number on the scale that makes you feel good?

If you felt that you were making progress and changing your dietary habits in the way you'd set out to, does the number matter?

Interested to know.

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"Here's a quick question for the amateur psychologists.

If you felt that you were making progress and changing your dietary habits in the way you'd set out to, does the number matter?

Interested to know. "

It tells me what I'm doing is working.

That and my clothes getting big for me.

Reply privately

By *G999Man
over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

Example: You've been eating healthily for a couple of weeks, you have more energy, are more focused and feel good.

When you hop on the scale and see no change in weight, does that nullify how you felt before. Do you suddenly lose focus, feel lethargic and feel bad about what you've done?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I like to see the numbers go down, then i know the change of food etc is working.

Despite eating more heathily (i ate fairly healthy anyway) i don't actually feel healthier at all

Reply privately

By *G999Man
over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

Interested to know.

That and my clothes getting big for me."

Interesting, so if your number stayed the same but your clothes didn't fit anymore (as you say,too big), how would your perception of "I'm doing it right" change?

Reply privately

By *o new WinksMan
over a year ago

BSE

How you feel is everything.

However, weight is a measure of mass and that can be misleading.

Take body measurements to be sure.

Even something as simple as tying some wool around your waist. Cut and hang it up.

Do the same each week and watch the lengths get shorter.

Its a simple visual reference and very inspiring to some.

Reply privately

By *G999Man
over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

"I like to see the numbers go down, then i know the change of food etc is working.

Despite eating more heathily (i ate fairly healthy anyway) i don't actually feel healthier at all "

If you put the scales away for a period and took your measurements of progress from e.g your clothes not fitting, the way you look in the mirror, the way you feel etc. Could these also be ways in which you could know that what you're doing is working?

In general terms, and isn't aimed at anyone specifically, I'm certainly not saying throw the scales away, they are useful. But should they be the sole determinate of progress to goals?

Perhaps take into consideration that there are a ton of variables to get lined up to make a truly accurate reading e.g.

What you ate in the last 24-48 hours.

How much water you've consumed.

Time of day you weigh yourself.

Daily fluctuations in weight (I know mine can fluctuate by up to 5lbs).

Obsession on scale weight can be a killer to progress. I've seen it time and time again.

Trust me, it comes from a positive place when i say, use the scales sparingly, keep doing what you're doing, blips will happen, that's life, just aim to be as consistent as you can and you'll crush your goals

Reply privately

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Interested to know.

That and my clothes getting big for me.

Interesting, so if your number stayed the same but your clothes didn't fit anymore (as you say,too big), how would your perception of "I'm doing it right" change?"

That probably wouldn't happen, but it wouldn't change my perception. I know that if certain clothes aren't as tight I'm either losing fat or water. I'll keep on until the scales change.

I don't weigh myself from week to week anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I got weighed at the doctor's office this morning and was about 55lbs lighter than the last time I was there. Obviously I'm aware I've lost weight but there was just something so satisfying about seeing the doctor update my records and having a true mark of my progress being there in black and white

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I like to see the numbers go down, then i know the change of food etc is working.

Despite eating more heathily (i ate fairly healthy anyway) i don't actually feel healthier at all

If you put the scales away for a period and took your measurements of progress from e.g your clothes not fitting, the way you look in the mirror, the way you feel etc. Could these also be ways in which you could know that what you're doing is working?

In general terms, and isn't aimed at anyone specifically, I'm certainly not saying throw the scales away, they are useful. But should they be the sole determinate of progress to goals?

Perhaps take into consideration that there are a ton of variables to get lined up to make a truly accurate reading e.g.

What you ate in the last 24-48 hours.

How much water you've consumed.

Time of day you weigh yourself.

Daily fluctuations in weight (I know mine can fluctuate by up to 5lbs).

Obsession on scale weight can be a killer to progress. I've seen it time and time again.

Trust me, it comes from a positive place when i say, use the scales sparingly, keep doing what you're doing, blips will happen, that's life, just aim to be as consistent as you can and you'll crush your goals

"

I'm sticking with the scales. It's working ok for me and is simple and easy.

Reply privately

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"Example: You've been eating healthily for a couple of weeks, you have more energy, are more focused and feel good.

When you hop on the scale and see no change in weight, does that nullify how you felt before. Do you suddenly lose focus, feel lethargic and feel bad about what you've done?"

I do, yes. So I'm not using the scales anymore for a while as it was soul destroying getting on them. I feel so much healthier and fitter and I dropped a dress size quite recently, so the scales can stay hidden away for now.

Mrs

Reply privately

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

"I got weighed at the doctor's office this morning and was about 55lbs lighter than the last time I was there. Obviously I'm aware I've lost weight but there was just something so satisfying about seeing the doctor update my records and having a true mark of my progress being there in black and white "

Congratulations you have every reason to feel proud of yourself

Reply privately

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I got weighed at the doctor's office this morning and was about 55lbs lighter than the last time I was there. Obviously I'm aware I've lost weight but there was just something so satisfying about seeing the doctor update my records and having a true mark of my progress being there in black and white "

Well done Amber you beautiful woman! That's incredible x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Example: You've been eating healthily for a couple of weeks, you have more energy, are more focused and feel good.

When you hop on the scale and see no change in weight, does that nullify how you felt before. Do you suddenly lose focus, feel lethargic and feel bad about what you've done?

I do, yes. So I'm not using the scales anymore for a while as it was soul destroying getting on them. I feel so much healthier and fitter and I dropped a dress size quite recently, so the scales can stay hidden away for now.

Mrs"

I did exactly this last night! I've worked hard over the last month, exercised hard, seen my clothes fit much better then stepped on the scales last night and almost cried as I'd put weight on!!

I googled why and apparently its fluid build up after muscles start working again. At least that's what I'm hoping it is.

The scales are going away now for another month!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I lost 4 lb this week.

I cut out the junk and treats from my diet about 2 weeks ago. Last week I was up a lb but I didn't mind.

I have added more veg and less spuds (or pasta or rice) to my dinners also.

I will keep you informed of how I get on

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mrs

I did exactly this last night! I've worked hard over the last month, exercised hard, seen my clothes fit much better then stepped on the scales last night and almost cried as I'd put weight on!!

I googled why and apparently its fluid build up after muscles start working again. At least that's what I'm hoping it is.

The scales are going away now for another month!! "

Muscle weighs more than fat also. As you build muscle your weight will get bigger but your body will tone and clothes fit you better. Well done.

Reply privately

over a year ago

... Wow.. That really is amazing. Well done you. Hope you feel super

Reply privately

By *xfordshireCoupleMFCouple
over a year ago

Nr. Oxford

11lbs down 4.5 stone to go

Lily

Reply privately

over a year ago

"11lbs down 4.5 stone to go

Lily "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I weighed myself today as I'm really busy tomorrow, not good though as I've put on 1lb

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I weighed myself today as I'm really busy tomorrow, not good though as I've put on 1lb "

Don't worry to much I managed to lose one of the 5lb I managed to put the week before my scales keep going up and down but im not to disheartened as clothes feel a little loser and I am buying smaller size xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Update been swimming everyday since the 13th stayed off caffeine and alcohol all this month they both irritate the prostate was 77kg now 73.50kg no back pain or prostate pain. Going to work on Tuesday and Thursday first time this year going swimming the days I am not in work

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Update been swimming everyday since the 13th stayed off caffeine and alcohol all this month they both irritate the prostate was 77kg now 73.50kg no back pain or prostate pain. Going to work on Tuesday and Thursday first time this year going swimming the days I am not in work "

Fantastic news well done x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I weighed myself today as I'm really busy tomorrow, not good though as I've put on 1lb

Don't worry to much I managed to lose one of the 5lb I managed to put the week before my scales keep going up and down but im not to disheartened as clothes feel a little loser and I am buying smaller size xx"

You are doing well Kat xxx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Update been swimming everyday since the 13th stayed off caffeine and alcohol all this month they both irritate the prostate was 77kg now 73.50kg no back pain or prostate pain. Going to work on Tuesday and Thursday first time this year going swimming the days I am not in work "

Well done xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I weighed myself today as I'm really busy tomorrow, not good though as I've put on 1lb

Don't worry to much I managed to lose one of the 5lb I managed to put the week before my scales keep going up and down but im not to disheartened as clothes feel a little loser and I am buying smaller size xx

You are doing well Kat xxx"

Thanks as are you x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had a bbq today, a function last night and take away on Thursday.

I'm putting a lime in the sand for this week. I am sure I will be up tomorrow when I weigh in but that's OK. Its a new week.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Fantastic news well done

Thank you and feeling a lot better for it my weight according to NHS I am 3 kg over weight mind you if my belly gers smaller it will make my cock look bigger ?? ??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Back on the weight loss trail now gyms back open only I don't weigh myself I measure my chest, waist and hips as I find once my weight gets to 10.5 stone it doesn't drop any further even tho my body shrinks

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hubby lost four stone in as many months.. He wasn't big to begin with.. Five foot eight and a smudge over thirteen and a half stone... Bowel cancer, putting the die in diet...his joke not mine.

(he's allowed, actual stage 4)

Reply privately

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/04/21 20:29:31]

Reply privately