Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Turkey teeth....

Jump to newest

By *innie The Minx OP   Woman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Has anyone been abroad for dental work, and were you happy with the results?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Gobble Gobble.....

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Just to point out .... if you do go abroad to have your teeth done and it goes wrong several months later.... your UK dentist ( if you seek treatment here) will most likely treat you as a private patient as this may incur high costs

If the work wasn’t carried out under NHS guidelines dentists are not obliged to treat you as an NHS patient.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

My Godmother went to Budapest for implants and was delighted with the results and cost.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My barber had his teeth done in Turkey in 2019. Hes made up and treated him well.

over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Just to point out .... if you do go abroad to have your teeth done and it goes wrong several months later.... your UK dentist ( if you seek treatment here) will most likely treat you as a private patient as this may incur high costs

If the work wasn’t carried out under NHS guidelines dentists are not obliged to treat you as an NHS patient. "

Good to know

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Has anyone been abroad for dental work, and were you happy with the results?

"

A friend at work went last year. She's got temporary ones on for now then goes back this year for her permanent set I think. They look good but the process looks awful.

over a year ago

I went to Croatia (Zagreb) in Nov 2019..unbelievable facilities and service.

Bear with me..lol

I needed an extraction doing and went to my dentist in Twickenham and they wanted £250..I thought f**k that..!!!

This dental clinic kept popping up on the Book of Faces so I dropped them a message.

I made an appointment and this is everything they did for me...

Return transfer from the airport

2 nights accommodation in their on-site apartments

Full x-ray of my big Welsh gob

3 fillings which I hadn’t realised I needed

The extraction

Scrape and polished

All for the princely sum of.......

drrrrrrrrrrrrr (drum roll)...

£157..!!!!!

over a year ago

Not sure if the name will be allowed to post on here so feel free to drop me a message if this cryptic name isn’t showing..

Dentum Smlies

over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"My Godmother went to Budapest for implants and was delighted with the results and cost."

Interesting, thank you

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I never knew turkeys had teeth??

By *mma_EvansTV/TS
over a year ago

Colchester

"I never knew turkeys had teeth?? "

They are rare, just like hens teeth xx

over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"My barber had his teeth done in Turkey in 2019. Hes made up and treated him well."

A few peopke at work have been over for treatment and seem to be really pleased

By *ltrMan
over a year ago

sheffield

When in Turkey 2019 a guy was staying in our hotel he was having his teeth done turned out he was a retired dentist

So maybe not a bad place to have them done

over a year ago

We done all our implants in turkey ???? perfect and all zirconia

over a year ago

I 100% would not go out the uk for cosmetic work. In the uk we have competences, governing bodies & laws protecting us, we have comeback if anything goes wrong whether it be at point of work or 10 year down the line. Plus you will pay private to rectify problems, the nhs wont cover it. Theres some shocking results from foreign work, but also some good ones.

I had mine done in Scotland, i payed monthly for the work but from start to finish and aftercare was fabulous. Even 8 years later theyre issue free.

i didnt want the 'simon cowel look' they look terrible, so so fake.. thats usually the look you get going abroad.

By *ust ClareTV/TS
over a year ago

Settlewick!

"My Godmother went to Budapest for implants and was delighted with the results and cost.

Interesting, thank you "

I have no idea how and why,but Hungary seems to excell in dentistry

over a year ago

Know about 6 people that have had there teeth done in Turkey mostly veneers all happy with the results

But some didn't have dental problems to begin with they say they was treated well over there of you decide to go do a lot of research

over a year ago

The Celtic fans should have had a whip around with their giro's and gave Neil Lennon a voucher for his christmas

over a year ago

"I 100% would not go out the uk for cosmetic work. In the uk we have competences, governing bodies & laws protecting us, we have comeback if anything goes wrong whether it be at point of work or 10 year down the line. Plus you will pay private to rectify problems, the nhs wont cover it. Theres some shocking results from foreign work, but also some good ones.

I had mine done in Scotland, i payed monthly for the work but from start to finish and aftercare was fabulous. Even 8 years later theyre issue free.

i didnt want the 'simon cowel look' they look terrible, so so fake.. thats usually the look you get going abroad. "

the thing is lots of people get just as good work abroad at a fraction of the price - its just about being thorough in your research of what provider you use

By *urkLordMan
over a year ago

istanbul

I d try to help you if you mind it in istanbul..

By *attenbergCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

Not teeth, but had my hair done in Istanbul in 2019 - very happy with it. We’d both like to go back and have teeth work done but not possible at the minute!

over a year ago

I know a few people who went on referral to Turkey it’s about 1/3 of price that’s charged in England

It seems that they are way ahead of UK

over a year ago

Not sure if it's still open, but in Southend on Sea there was a dentistry college. It's not exactly well known, but if you're on low wages or claiming, you can get up to 8 treatments free of charge. It'll be by someone just before their final exam. There will be professionals checking so don't be alarmed. I had one extraction. I should have gone back though for more work

By *lint-EverhardMan
over a year ago

Perpignan and cap

I live in France and my dentist is spot on. I nipped over the border though, to a cosmetic dentist in Spain and found that the surgery, the service and the price absolutely awesome. (Front tooth crown).

Post new Message to Thread