Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

John Terry Charged by FA

Jump to newest

By *am sampson OP   Man
over a year ago

cwmbran

Seems to have gone un-noticed here but Terry has apparently been charged by the FA over the Ferdinand incident

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Meant to post this Friday

No charge for Anton

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

guess its for bringing the game into disrepute for the fallout rather than the actual racial accusation, otherwise, the FA are saying they are bigger than the British Justice system, and surely thats a dangerous prescident

By *am sampson OP   Man
over a year ago

cwmbran

"guess its for bringing the game into disrepute for the fallout rather than the actual racial accusation, otherwise, the FA are saying they are bigger than the British Justice system, and surely thats a dangerous prescident"

Yes plus insulting behaviour I think - plus the court case has no bearing as the burden of proof is less for a FA hearing

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"guess its for bringing the game into disrepute for the fallout rather than the actual racial accusation, otherwise, the FA are saying they are bigger than the British Justice system, and surely thats a dangerous prescident

Yes plus insulting behaviour I think - plus the court case has no bearing as the burden of proof is less for a FA hearing"

suppose so, as with the Suarez thing.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

has he had his private hearing yet?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"guess its for bringing the game into disrepute for the fallout rather than the actual racial accusation, otherwise, the FA are saying they are bigger than the British Justice system, and surely thats a dangerous prescident"

Its a totally different legal matter nothing to do with being bigger than the British Justice system. Its not the FIRST time someone has been tired in more than one system. There are hundreds of cases that people have been taken to court through the civil courts after being acquitted by the criminal courts. Gen up on legal matters, you will find that its not a single system its multi layered. If the FA think he has to answer to them for his actions then good for them they in reality should have dealt with this months ago. He was lucky the cps brought charges conveniently so he could play in the European championship. Lets hope they get the right verdict this time and deal with him appropriately.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"has he had his private hearing yet?"

Not 100% sure, but think he is trying to appeal against the FA for charging him.

Not many reports about, call me cynical but it was sort of swept under the carpet due to the olympics.

Be interesting what his fine etc will be compared to the whole Suarez thing though.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"guess its for bringing the game into disrepute for the fallout rather than the actual racial accusation, otherwise, the FA are saying they are bigger than the British Justice system, and surely thats a dangerous prescident

Its a totally different legal matter nothing to do with being bigger than the British Justice system. Its not the FIRST time someone has been tired in more than one system. There are hundreds of cases that people have been taken to court through the civil courts after being acquitted by the criminal courts. Gen up on legal matters, you will find that its not a single system its multi layered. If the FA think he has to answer to them for his actions then good for them they in reality should have dealt with this months ago. He was lucky the cps brought charges conveniently so he could play in the European championship. Lets hope they get the right verdict this time and deal with him appropriately. "

Dont be silly! They had the euros to do first.

How could they have someone who 'brought the game into disrepute' competing

over a year ago

Its a totally different legal matter nothing to do with being bigger than the British Justice system. Its not the FIRST time someone has been tired in more than one system. There are hundreds of cases that people have been taken to court through the civil courts after being acquitted by the criminal courts. Gen up on legal matters, you will find that its not a single system its multi layered. If the FA think he has to answer to them for his actions then good for them they in reality should have dealt with this months ago. He was lucky the cps brought charges conveniently so he could play in the European championship. Lets hope they get the right verdict this time and deal with him appropriately.

Dont be silly! They had the euros to do first.

How could they have someone who 'brought the game into disrepute' competing "

I was kind of hinting it was convenient he was charged and it was delayed till after the Euros. I hope the FA look at the evidence without bias and make a ruling accordingly.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"

I was kind of hinting it was convenient he was charged and it was delayed till after the Euros. I hope the FA look at the evidence without bias and make a ruling accordingly."

I know. Sorry, was being sarcastic but no sarcastic smileys

over a year ago

"

I was kind of hinting it was convenient he was charged and it was delayed till after the Euros. I hope the FA look at the evidence without bias and make a ruling accordingly.

I know. Sorry, was being sarcastic but no sarcastic smileys

"

They should do one i think

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Suarez was unfortunate

What evra said was 10 times worse but he somehow got away with it probably because the FA didn't understand what he said.

Terry can get the book thrown at him now, there is no burden of proof

He has admitted saying it, regardless of the reason why he did, that could be enough for the FA.

In other words it doesn't matter why he said it

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"Suarez was unfortunate

What evra said was 10 times worse but he somehow got away with it probably because the FA didn't understand what he said.

"

yep!, evra has a stained history for sure!.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

"Suarez was unfortunate

"

Also, LFC had a really shite legal team which made Suarez look even more foolish

But maybe the FA will make an example of JT aswell but I'm not holding my breath

over a year ago

4 games ban and £220k fine. Hopefully a line will be drawn under this saga now

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"4 games ban and £220k fine. Hopefully a line will be drawn under this saga now"

Yes as he didn't say anything inappropriate and is being picked on...poor love!

over a year ago

hes a thug and deserves a longer ban for what he said!! hes guilty, only couldnt be proven in court of law beyond all reasonable doubt that he said it abusivly.

Glad hes out of the england team as past it anyway, cant read a bouncing ball to save his life!!

over a year ago

"4 games ban and £220k fine. Hopefully a line will be drawn under this saga now

Yes as he didn't say anything inappropriate and is being picked on...poor love! "

By *ap AdgeMan
over a year ago

Wirral

lfc have always been poor legal wise

over a year ago

he got away lightly, half the amount of games Suarez got banned for.

over a year ago

The FA did what the courts couldn't do - they bypassed the law and looked at the video evidence.

Why did Terry announce his retirement from int. football? Is he astute enough to know what the FA's decision would be? No fucking chance.

Is he intelligent enough to think that the evidence would go in his favour? Not in a million years!

So why did the FA ban him and fine him? Because he said the fookin words that convicted him.

Goodbye to bad rubbish.

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"The FA did what the courts couldn't do - they bypassed the law and looked at the video evidence.

Why did Terry announce his retirement from int. football? Is he astute enough to know what the FA's decision would be? No fucking chance.

Is he intelligent enough to think that the evidence would go in his favour? Not in a million years!

So why did the FA ban him and fine him? Because he said the fookin words that convicted him.

Goodbye to bad rubbish."

By *cldnCouple
over a year ago

watford

If you saw the game it all happened in you will see who jt is. Mindless thug from a family of scum. He managed over the course of 90 mins to start a fight with no less than 4 qpr players. And dont get me started on his bitch cashley cole.

over a year ago

Perhaps if they stopped paying these jumped up prima donnas so much each week they would maybe be able to get back in touch with reality,instead of living in their little worlds where they think they can do or say what they want,rant over

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

i see that ferdinand got off scot free!,was he not bringing the game into disrepute with the comments he made during the game?.

over a year ago

Isnt it time they manned up a little and stopped being dramatic if i had a pound every time someone called me a fat bastard or other things i would be rich.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

john terry was a fantastic servant for england,and their most consistent players in the last ten years.

almost all club,and international football teams would have been delighted to have him in their ranks,

so you may not like who he is as a person,but you cannot deny his ability as a football player.

over a year ago

"but you cannot deny his ability as a football player.

"

Like the way he deliberately and blatantly kneed Suarez in the back to get him to react and get sent off, that kind of *ability* is nothing to be marvelled at. The guy is a thug who believed he was untouchable, and I am happy that he'll never wear an England shirt again, unless it's as a spectator.

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"john terry was a fantastic servant for england,and their most consistent players in the last ten years.

almost all club,and international football teams would have been delighted to have him in their ranks,

so you may not like who he is as a person,but you cannot deny his ability as a football player.

"

Agree, we need someone like him wearing the dark blue

over a year ago

I do think Ferdinand should have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute. After all he admitted in a court of law what he had been saying.

Must be nice to be a Ferdinand, them bastards could murder someone on the pitch and just get a yellow card.

over a year ago

Captain,Leader,Legend

Post new Message to Thread