Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Beatles or Rolling Stones

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Personally I have never understood the fuss over the Beatles and always much preferred the Rolling Stones.

what about you lot?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

beatles,any day of the week.but,elvis was,is,and always will be,THE KING

over a year ago

dont like either really but if i had to pick one i suppose it would have to be the stones

over a year ago

like them both but the beatles were a far better and more creative band and were able to change from 60's boy band tunes too more mature songs in very quick time.the beatles still outsell a lot of todays bands and thats not surprising realy as music today is worse than poor but just my opinion.love them or hate them the beatles are the best band the world has ever seen and bands will continue to try and better what they acheived in 8 short yrs

over a year ago

The Stones, the Beatles get on my nerves

over a year ago

"like them both but the beatles were a far better and more creative band and were able to change from 60's boy band tunes too more mature songs in very quick time.the beatles still outsell a lot of todays bands and thats not surprising realy as music today is worse than poor but just my opinion.love them or hate them the beatles are the best band the world has ever seen and bands will continue to try and better what they acheived in 8 short yrs"

There are some fantastic bands and great music around right now, the trouble is most people wont get to hear it because the PR companies haven't got hold of them, the likes of X factor and managements like them there ruin the true face of music.

over a year ago

Take That

over a year ago

stock aitken and waterman killed music in the 80s and its never recovered all u get now is naff covers or ppl that cant sing a note

over a year ago

"stock aitken and waterman killed music in the 80s and its never recovered all u get now is naff covers or ppl that cant sing a note"

Not quite true, that's all people that listen to the charts get to hear, there are thousands of artist out there, the majority of people will get to listen to a very small percentage, you need to seek the great music beyond the popular stuff.

over a year ago

"stock aitken and waterman killed music in the 80s and its never recovered all u get now is naff covers or ppl that cant sing a note

Not quite true, that's all people that listen to the charts get to hear, there are thousands of artist out there, the majority of people will get to listen to a very small percentage, you need to seek the great music beyond the popular stuff.

"

well the popular stuff i guess is found on radio 1 and i aint listened to that joke of a radio station since the very early 90s but i guess there is some decent music out there somewhere but like u say any decent music gets lost if its not on the tv or radio stations.

over a year ago

"stock aitken and waterman killed music in the 80s and its never recovered all u get now is naff covers or ppl that cant sing a note

well the popular stuff i guess is found on radio 1 and i aint listened to that joke of a radio station since the very early 90s but i guess there is some decent music out there somewhere but like u say any decent music gets lost if its not on the tv or radio stations."

You think Radio 1 is bad? try listening to Manchester's Key 103, not that is utter shite.

over a year ago

most local radio stations are bad they play the same tunes new or old on a continious loop for 3 months then change them.

over a year ago

"beatles,any day of the week.but,elvis was,is,and always will be,THE KING"

Have to agree about Elvis - he was the boy, still is and always will be - no doubt about that - the guy had talent that other so called performers could only imagine in their wildest dreams.

Beatles ot the Stones .. ?

The Beatles were ok I suppose, but I prefer the Stones. I think the beatles were and still are a lot of fuss about a relatively mediochre beat combo.

Each to their own though

over a year ago

Real radio based near cardiff is good I have it on most days .... we have a big music collection from all era's ... I would say the beetles but paul says the stones .... but to chill out to just try crosby stills and nash .... fab

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Can I just throw Led Zeppelin in? Better than both!

over a year ago

"Can I just throw Led Zeppelin in? Better than both! "

led zep did some fab tunes like whole lotta love,stairway to heaven and kashmire being my fave of theres.completely different band to the stones and beatles and never released singles in this country.cant beat rolfs version of stairway to heaven lol

over a year ago

"Can I just throw Led Zeppelin in? Better than both! "

different kettle of fish in my opinion, but you have a valid point.

over a year ago

"Can I just throw Led Zeppelin in? Better than both!

led zep did some fab tunes like whole lotta love,stairway to heaven and kashmire being my fave of theres.completely different band to the stones and beatles and never released singles in this country.cant beat rolfs version of stairway to heaven lol"

Rolf should have been hanged for mutilating stairway to heaven lol

over a year ago

a group called the far corporation did a brill version of stairway to heaven in the 80s well worth a google

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I am seeing a Zep tribute group tomorrow, they're always good!

Was a Big Beatles fan, but I think I overloaded on them. But Abbey Road is still a stunning album.

over a year ago

"I am seeing a Zep tribute group tomorrow, they're always good!

Was a Big Beatles fan, but I think I overloaded on them. But Abbey Road is still a stunning album. "

it was and so was revolver and rubber soul

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Yeah, i like the later stuff rather than all the yeah yeah yeahs! While My Guitar Gently Weeps gives me goosebumps, especially the longer accoustic version on the Anthology set.

over a year ago

"Yeah, i like the later stuff rather than all the yeah yeah yeahs! While My Guitar Gently Weeps gives me goosebumps, especially the longer accoustic version on the Anthology set.

"

great tune and no idea why it was never a single but then again the only harrison penned track to become a single was the brilliant something which somehow only got to number 4 but by the time it came out the band had split up unofficialy

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Hardly anyone appreciates that Abbey Road was recorded after Let It Be, and should really be considered their last work. What a swansong!

over a year ago

U2 concerts

over a year ago

I love both the Beatles and the Stones but i have to say for me the Stones are way better. Their music is alot more intricate and they are much better musicians and i do think the Beatles are overly hyped. The early Beatles isn't that good and it's only later that they become much better and create their own sound.

And i hate Led Zep with a passion

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Shhhh careful Gothica, Jimmy will send the Legions of the Undead round to sort you out. He has a hotline...

over a year ago

was a pity the long and winding road was never released as a single here as that would have made 18 number 1's but it was released in the states where it stayed at the top for 2 wks.

over a year ago

"Shhhh careful Gothica, Jimmy will send the Legions of the Undead round to sort you out. He has a hotline... "

Legions of the Undead sounds kinda cool...i'll put the kettle on ready!

Led Zep great musicians but i just find their music very samey and dull.

over a year ago

never heard anyone call led zep dull

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Shhhh careful Gothica, Jimmy will send the Legions of the Undead round to sort you out. He has a hotline...

Led Zep great musicians but i just find their music very samey and dull."

If you think its all power chords and loud, check out Ten Years Gone...

over a year ago

"Shhhh careful Gothica, Jimmy will send the Legions of the Undead round to sort you out. He has a hotline...

Led Zep great musicians but i just find their music very samey and dull.

If you think its all power chords and loud, check out Ten Years Gone..."

I play a few musical instruments myself and will diss a band just because i'm not keen on them. I think Led Zep are fantastic musicians but are not really my thing...which even i find odd being as i have a massive taste in music. I have friends who are massive fans and have lent me all their albums so i gave them a chance but i never took to them.

But Rolf Harris's Stairway to Heaven was far better than the original...joking lol

By *lirty14uMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Thats unforgivable, legions of the undead on the way.

lol

over a year ago

two little boys had two litle toys

over a year ago

the rolling stones the best rock group ever still filling venues all over the world still every tour they slag them off but they always shut ther critics up

over a year ago

Niether bands are in my top 10, and truly great Stones albums stopped pretty much after Exile (imo), but you cannot deny the impact and influence of The Beatles, they were and still are hugely influential, both bands are British Institutions, but way too young to have seem them. The Stones can be the greatest band in the world when they want to be.

Of the sixties bands, I am a massive Small Facess fan

over a year ago

I likes both of these

they had to be doing something right , to last as long as they did and are doing (stones)

Not like the one hit wonders now on the market

over a year ago

"I likes both of these

they had to be doing something right , to last as long as they did and are doing (stones)

Not like the one hit wonders now on the market "

spot on

over a year ago

"I likes both of these

Not like the one hit wonders now on the market

spot on"

Hear hear............

over a year ago

"I likes both of these

Not like the one hit wonders now on the market "

One hit wonders have always been around in the charts, with time many are forgotten.

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i like both for different reasons...The Beatles did some ground breaking stuff in the latter part of their careers, but adore the stones as i find their sound raw

over a year ago

I think they are equally as good as each other.

over a year ago

"Niether bands are in my top 10, and truly great Stones albums stopped pretty much after Exile (imo), but you cannot deny the impact and influence of The Beatles, they were and still are hugely influential, both bands are British Institutions, but way too young to have seem them. The Stones can be the greatest band in the world when they want to be.

Of the sixties bands, I am a massive Small Facess fan"

RIP the late and great steve marriot

over a year ago

"Niether bands are in my top 10, and truly great Stones albums stopped pretty much after Exile (imo), but you cannot deny the impact and influence of The Beatles, they were and still are hugely influential, both bands are British Institutions, but way too young to have seem them. The Stones can be the greatest band in the world when they want to be.

Of the sixties bands, I am a massive Small Facess fan

RIP the late and great steve marriot "

Attended the fire he perished in...Sad ending really fell asleep with a joint on the go..Senseless waste of talent...

By *ob and angelaCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

the beatles for defo

over a year ago

none there all shite

By *erekduvallCouple
over a year ago