Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Nexplanon - ladies experiences

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thinking of getting the Nexplanon implant - any experiences with it? When I google it, it's all v negative. Not having it for contraception, but for PMS instead of mini pill.

Grateful for any advice.......

Cheers xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ive got it in, painless procedure to get it in. lasts 3yrs and stopped my periods after 5 months the first time

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Had it in 18 months now. Stopped my periods after about 4 months completely.

Only recently started being moodier than normal, but I'm putting that down to stress and stuff.

Cant remember any other listed side effects and dont recall having any either

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

is that he same as implanon?? i so i have it and at first it was good. no periods (but then i was never very regular) then horrendous long ones...one lasted 12 weeks!! had to have the mini pill to try and stop it.

been very off and on for me to be honest

plus i have broken mine

By *almh5Couple
over a year ago

Manchester

I had the Implanon first put in about 9-10 years ago and just got it changed every 3 years. Fab at first, no periods, no side effects at first, but with the last one that I had taken out in February it was a bit more problematic, did get periods but very light and very erratic. I also have a couple of scars. The best bit is the success rate, better than any of the other contraceptives (except not having sex) so no babies!

Post new Message to Thread