Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Have you met a celebrity?

Jump to newest

By *xonswingers OP   Couple
over a year ago

Close to Oxford

Sam and I went to that London yesterday for a day of Outfit, Dildo, Lube and Popper shopping and we had bags and bags of stuff we had bought and as we were running to jump on a tubie train at Oxford Circus I felt a push in my back heaving me through the door before it closed, I turn around and there is Dalton Grant GB Medal Winning High Jumper standing there grinning at me. We had a lovely conversation with him for the 2 and half minutes between Oxford Circus and where we jumped back off at Picadilly Circus.

Dalton if you are reading this, we apolagise for saying that it was just souvineers in the bags but we couldn't tell you that there were 3 sets of Anal beads and an inflatable didlo along with an assortment of rubber outfits. Oh and thanks for being a really super nice guy.

Have you guys ever met a celebrity just by chance rather than design?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Only ever by design for me.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Was having afternoon tea in Harrods when a guy asked if he could join me at my table. I thought he looked familiar, started a conversation and I asked if we had met before. He laughed and said no but you may have seen me on TV. It then struck me that it was Rik Mayall. He told me he was looking at a new series but that nothing was finalised. Some time later New Statesman appeared.

Also met David Essex after a concert at the hotel he was staying at, but that is another story

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Yes, have met a few

Donald pleasance and his wife (lovely people)

Roy hattersly

The golf commentater someone ellis

Arther from eastenders

Dave bartrem who was lead singer with showaddywaddy lots of times

Martin platt from coronation street.

I worked in a hotel and some either stayed or came for dinner.

There is quite a lot that where pre planned.

Years ago when he was hardly famous my sister sat next to nickolas lindhurst on a bus in london and jay went to a restraunt in london and phil collins had sat at the table just before they gave it to him he just saw him leaving

over a year ago

I bumped into Danny John Jules once

My little girl recognised him from his time he spend doing story maker

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Had the misfortune to be stuck on the same plane as a very pissed and foul mouthed Denise Welch.....

What a gobby old soak she turned out to be.

over a year ago

i have twice, literally, bumped into celebs.

Bobby Davro about 25 years ago on Scarborough High Street and Nigel Planer (Neil from the Young Ones' In Trafalgar Square.

almost identical incidents. walking round a corner and crashed into each other.

By *dinMan
over a year ago

Nr Biggleswade

My Uncle Robert...Everyone knows him round here...

over a year ago

I also bumped into Lenny Henry in sandwell hospital, he was there visiting his auntie

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Oh and what is the name of the tall, black rugby player, martin someone i think, i was in the hospital with his dad and he used to come visit and i saw greengrass at the hospital at a different time

By *xonswingers OP   Couple
over a year ago

Close to Oxford

"i have twice, literally, bumped into celebs.

Bobby Davro about 25 years ago on Scarborough High Street and Nigel Planer (Neil from the Young Ones' In Trafalgar Square.

almost identical incidents. walking round a corner and crashed into each other."

I used to see Nigel Planer a lot when i worked in Twickenham as his house was opposite our office.

A friend of mine also had a road rage incident with Raj Perso? (I think he was a Docton or Psychologist on This Morning)

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

oh and gary linekar

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"Oh and what is the name of the tall, black rugby player, martin someone i think, i was in the hospital with his dad and he used to come visit and i saw greengrass at the hospital at a different time"

offiah?

i wouldnt know celebrity to bump into one or not, tbh.

i dont have a very good memory for recognising people.

im the one that causes celebs to scream 'DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!!!? lol

By *dinMan
over a year ago

Nr Biggleswade

I dated Lassie a couple of years back...

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Oh and got elbowed in the face by Henry Cooper whilst in Langans Restaurant in London. Very apologetic and sent me a bottle of wine.

Also knocked over by the chef Brian Turner, again so apologetic and took me for a brew lol

By *uyuksno1Man
over a year ago

poole

omar sharif ben kingsley and christopher plummer

all much shorter than i thought they were christopher plummer is really small i was a bit dissapointed

Omar sharif was on the same plane as me going to egypt my flks lived there and i was going on school hols to see them i was 14 he sat across form me and kept asking me if i liked champaigne i told him i was only 14 and still at school he just smiled and said that makes it even better ughhh

over a year ago

"Oh and got elbowed in the face by Henry Cooper whilst in Langans Restaurant in London. Very apologetic and sent me a bottle of wine.

Also knocked over by the chef Brian Turner, again so apologetic and took me for a brew lol"

You're "accidentally" getting in the way of celebs to get freebies aren't you lol.

Only met one celebrity, David Prowse, the man inside Darth Vaders costume. However he was in his Green Cross Code outfit as he was visiting our primary school. I was one of a few lucky ones who got their photo taken with him for the local newspaper :o)

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

Arther from eastenders"

Robbing bas**rd

over a year ago

staying at the Malmaison in Newcastle visiting family, checking out the next day I saw a guy, quite short, styled hair, aviatior specs on - then I heard the voice, Peter Andre. he shook my hand, gave me a hug and turned to his team "ok I'm SO ready for this!"

he was signing his cd in Newcastle

over a year ago

I met Patti Boulaye many many years ago - doubt if anyone remembers her though lol

over a year ago

Dean gaffney

ant mcpartlain and his mrs last week

matt dawson

martin johnson

john burton race

over a year ago

"

im the one that causes celebs to scream 'DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM!!!!? lol"

In my previous life working in debt recovery I once caused some pop star (steps or S club 7, not really sure) to throuw a huge tantrum on the phone because no I did not know who she was. Hilariously she complained to manager because she didn;t believe that I din't and accused me of being deliberately insolent. Unfortunately my manager had no idea who she was either which made her even more angry...

over a year ago

"Dean gaffney

"

Pretty sure that Dean Gaffney used to go my gym when I lived in London, if so I have to say he has a seriously massive cock...

over a year ago

Robert Carlyle came into a place I was working told him I knew him and who he was so he asked who am I? And I replied Ewan Mc Gregor then I couldnt remember his name had to ask someone was so embaressed. Xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Shared a few hours with Sandra Bullock once, very natural and unassuming.

Otherwise, I once read about another actress whilst on a train to London, then whilst crossing Piccadilly, bumped into her, and we had a lovely chat.

Shag wise, I don't kiss and tell, but let's just say that some celebs would add a few surprises to their cvs.

over a year ago

met ricky gervais in new york last year seemed really nice and hubby had his pic taken with him.

over a year ago

Usually at this time of year I'd be able to say that I knew a few of the Olympic cyclists. I realise I'm getting old, I know the grand total of non but am friends with 3 sets of parents...

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"My Uncle Robert...Everyone knows him round here... "

Yeah crickey, what a meet that was

over a year ago

Met the late Fankie Howerd many years ago at Dover. He was doing something for breakfast tv. Very funny guy.

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

I met David Essex a couple of years at a wedding, he showed an interest in my classic car that I'd supplied for the bride, very nice down to earth fella.

over a year ago

Kirsty Gallagher in a queue in a bank in Worcester! (think she was shacked up with one of the local rugby team!)

She asked me to help her fill in a slip to pay in a cheque! Bless!!

Gorgeous - but def not the smartest!!

I'll resist any temptation to make gags about 'deposits' and 'withdrawals'.

over a year ago

I have had the 'fortune' of meeting several celebs - the first being DLT when I was about 17 - horrid, rude man. Since then have met loads through various jobs - I just treat them the same as anyone else - we are all human after all!

Mrs GT

By *rystal Tipps - AlistairCouple
over a year ago

livingston

Good few year back remember meeting, Rolf harris, Rick Wakeman along with many others including Big Robbie Coltrane.

Also Gordon Brown EX Pm, Robin Cook, when they were both local councilars and both tight as duck --- when it rained.

This was in a pub where i worked

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have met Robbie Williams at a take that concert, met take that at another take that concert, Brian knob harvey out of E17, Ben Elton asked me for directions, Seen Bruce Wills hang out the window at Planet Hollywood in London. Seen Ian out of Eastenders in MK shopp0ing centre. When living in London used to see celebs all the time,, Anisley harriot used to go to Brixton Market...

over a year ago

Does it count if I went to a 'convention'?

I've met loads of the actors from 'Xena: Warrior Princes'

Including Bruce Cambell!

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Ernie wise opened a door into the back of my head in yorkshire telly, his people weren't best pleased I was in their way...

over a year ago

I carried Germaine Grears bags to her train when she asked me for directions. I met Huw Edwards queueing up for a cup of coffee on a train coming back from Swansea (he wasnt very chatty but he did have two screaming kids with him....).

Peter Capaldi told me to fuck off or hed gouge my eyes out, but he plays Malcom Tucker in The Thick of It and so I had asked him to.

I didnt stop and talk to him but I bumped into the Labour spin doctor Alistair Campbell. He stood aside for me to pass which was nice of him.....

Tony Benn was extraordinarily nice to me when i sat opposite him on a train to bristol, so was George Galloway when I met him on a different train.....

Penny from Big Brother 2 was lovely and very flirty....

Apparently my Dad regularly used to see Tommy Cooper in a pub in Fulham and Ken Dodd poped into my Mum's shop to buy cigars every other day (but never brought a diddyman or a jam butty....)

over a year ago

I used to work at Manchester City in the corporate hospitality area for a betting company.

I got sent into Ricky Hatton's box and came face to face (well actually he came up to my knockers) with Ricky. In this situation the correct thing to do would be to calmly take his bet and to walk away, however in my inimitable style I let out a huge squeak as I was in shock! Over the course of the season I ended up becoming supervisor for the company and Ricky always referred to me as Squeak. I never lived that moment down!

I've also met the Top Gear guys which was pretty cool!

over a year ago

I've met Chris Moyles & regret not punching his fat, annoying face in ever since!

over a year ago

"Ernie wise opened a door into the back of my head in yorkshire telly, his people weren't best pleased I was in their way... "
for a moment there i had a Monty Python vision and wondered how you would be able to comb ur hair, what with the doornob sticking out.....I knew Ronnie Corbet was only small, but......

over a year ago

"I've met Chris Moyles & regret not punching his fat, annoying face in ever since!"

You could have at least lied and told us all you did!

over a year ago

I'm related to one, and that is how I know a few others..does that count

over a year ago

"I've met Chris Moyles & regret not punching his fat, annoying face in ever since!"

Punch a lad from Leeds in the face and you would regret it!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Wonder how many celebs use this site?

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Only me

By *arkstaffsMan
over a year ago

Rugeley

Bez in the Hacienda in the early 80s and Ricky Tomlinson a few years back, both great blokes.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Only me"

Send me your signature please Pablo. On a napkin please and can you word it:

To Ryan

Swing like you mean it buddy

Pablo

With a really flashy signature

over a year ago

"Wonder how many celebs use this site?"

Imagine the verification... "met John last night. Wayne bridge's missus had fun whilst sitting on his face while I rode his cock like I stole it!!"

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

"Only me

To Ryan

Pablo

With a really flashy signature"

Bog off

I am the only one selling my signature on eBay

Too many and the price will drop

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Got pictures of me and our kid with Craig Charles, he always closes Kendal Calling so we stalk him till he gets sick of us and lets us have a piccie....Omid Djalili, Mark Watson, Jon Richardson, Boy with Tape on His Face and Ed Byrne have all appeared at our local theatre, got pictures with all of them......and I shagged the lead singer of a 70's rock band back in the mid 90's (didn't get any pictures of that)

Oh and I met Mollie Sugden (Mrs Slocombe off Are you being served) when I was a kid, sometime round about 1975

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Only me

To Ryan

Pablo

With a really flashy signature

Bog off

I am the only one selling my signature on eBay

Too many and the price will drop"

Can't blame me for trying. You have to exploit opportunities

over a year ago

I had the pleasure of meeting Jeremy Beadle once

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"I had the pleasure of meeting Jeremy Beadle once "

i've hard he can be a little off hand.

no? lmao

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"Got pictures of me and our kid with Craig Charles, he always closes Kendal Calling so we stalk him till he gets sick of us and lets us have a piccie....Omid Djalili, Mark Watson, Jon Richardson, Boy with Tape on His Face and Ed Byrne have all appeared at our local theatre, got pictures with all of them......and I shagged the lead singer of a 70's rock band back in the mid 90's (didn't get any pictures of that)

Oh and I met Mollie Sugden (Mrs Slocombe off Are you being served) when I was a kid, sometime round about 1975"

but were you her bridesmaid?

oh i do wish you wouldnt keep going on about it lol

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"Ernie wise opened a door into the back of my head in yorkshire telly, his people weren't best pleased I was in their way... for a moment there i had a Monty Python vision and wondered how you would be able to comb ur hair, what with the doornob sticking out.....I knew Ronnie Corbet was only small, but...... "

i had the same image.

i just didnt want to say anything and reaffirm peoples belief im stupid.

thanks for taking the bullet.

i owe you one lol

over a year ago

Met the late Sir Bobby Robson at a football talk in and have to say he was the most charming,polite person ive ever had the pleasure of meeting

over a year ago

"Got pictures of me and our kid with Craig Charles, he always closes Kendal Calling so we stalk him till he gets sick of us and lets us have a piccie....Omid Djalili, Mark Watson, Jon Richardson, Boy with Tape on His Face and Ed Byrne have all appeared at our local theatre, got pictures with all of them......and I shagged the lead singer of a 70's rock band back in the mid 90's (didn't get any pictures of that)

Oh and I met Mollie Sugden (Mrs Slocombe off Are you being served) when I was a kid, sometime round about 1975"

Thumbs up to Jon Richardson and Craig Charles (the funk and soul show on 6music is fantastic!) I'd have passed on Djalili tho

over a year ago

I used to do the photography for a local radio station and met a few famous people My favourites were Rick Astley and Carol Decker.

Many years ago, I met George Michael and George Harrison. meeting a Beatle is still a high point of my life

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I'm related to one, and that is how I know a few others..does that count "

In a two letter answer NO

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Oh and I met Mollie Sugden (Mrs Slocombe off Are you being served) when I was a kid, sometime round about 1975

Thumbs up to Jon Richardson and Craig Charles (the funk and soul show on 6music is fantastic!) I'd have passed on Djalili tho "

Omid was one of the funniest guys I've ever seen, my town is 99.99% white, ethnic minorities are folk who've been rehoused from Whitehaven, he made a hell of a lot of off the cuff/unscripted jokes about people's reactions to an Iranian walking round town......

An older friend of mine when Boy with Tape on his Face was coming said she was going to go early to get a seat near the front cos she's a bit deaf.....didn't have the heart to tell her he's a mime - another bloody hilarious act

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

After over 30 years in the Hotel and Licensing business, I have lost count of the number of celebs over the years whom I have met.

People from show business, political, sporting and business backgrounds, international pop stars, and even a few members of the Royal Family have graced the hotels I have worked in.

It has often been interesting seeing how some "so called" celebs actually behave away from the fans; how some had egos bigger than reality and really truly lived the "I am a STAR!! You'd better do as I say or I will have you fired!" kind of attitude.

But there were others who were so down to earth and an absolute pleasure to meet. It would be unprofessional of me to divulge all the secrets of what went on on their lives, but so many good memories, and I have a small collection of autographs and memorabilia.

over a year ago

I worked for over 20 years in the entertainment business so have lost count of how many celebs I met, I'm still in touch with several

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Jimmy Saville...really nice bloke who always took time out to chat to 'the lads' when we worked on the apartments he lived at..

Micky Most..Didnt like him, arrogant

Glen Tilbrooke..very nice sociable fella..will chat to anyone for ages.

Rolf Harris as above..

Ronnie Corbett..really didnt like him

Sheila Scott..Pilot/actress..lovely lady

Richard Branson..really really nice bloke..knew him for a while, nothing to prove to anyone.

over a year ago

I once talked with Liam Neeson on the phone while visiting Jessica Lang when she was filming in Scotland.

I was pretty young at the time of course!

over a year ago

Marco Pierre White - He signed one of those headscarf's he wears for me

Jimmy Carr - He complimented me on my outfit! haha

& Wolverhampton Wanderers Football team

over a year ago

went to school with a few.two or 3 celebrities and a major star

also mick jones of the clash is a family friend