Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Olympic fever

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Since the Olympics offically starts with the women's football at 4pm...

Are you finally excited that the greatest show on earth is here and the uk is hosting?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Does it mean Eastenders won't be on?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

nope...altho was offered two tickets for two matches...alas they werent for free...I'dve only went to take pics to be honest lol

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

No!

over a year ago

Im loving it.. cant wait for it to properly kick off

wooop wooop cmon team GB

over a year ago

"No! "
totally with you on this one

over a year ago

no completely the opposite i can't wait till its finished

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"Does it mean Eastenders won't be on?"

over a year ago

"Since the Olympics offically starts with the women's football at 4pm...

Are you finally excited that the greatest show on earth is here and the uk is hosting?"

WOMENS FOOTBALL...think I missed that bit...might get those tickets now lol

over a year ago

Home advantage doesn’t really effect my enjoyment of this Olympics, I always enjoy the games wherever they are held!

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

I love women's international matches

Especially when they swap shirts at the end

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I wish the games and the GB team all the very best.

over a year ago

I am so excited and can't wait for the Olympics. A sporting feast for 3 weeks. Highlights - athletics, swimming (men in speedos mmm), gymnastics, diving (more men in speedos), badminton and so many more.

Bring it on

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Can't wait for the damn things to be over

over a year ago

What olympics?

over a year ago

Feck me how shits this game of football

over a year ago

havnt got the time to watch it so i'll catch what news i can off the radio.

i hear athletes have been warned they risk being fined £130 if caught in the wrong lane

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

Will maybe watch some on tv when the mood takes me - usually just the final not the heats - but I have tickets for the mens football bronze medals.

over a year ago

Are you finally excited that the greatest show on earth is here and the uk is hosting?"

Greatest show on earth! Yeh right that's about as accurate as the dozy yanks Calling major league baseball "The World Series" More people watch the Euros per hour never mind the world cup. A huge waste of tax payers money for me.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

couldn't be arsed about fa cup,euros or world cup footy as it bores me ridgid with the overpaid twats!,but the olympic games you are talking about proper sports and dedicated sportsmen who dogive a damn and dont try to get each other sent of or maimed,

yeh bring on the olympics and go get them golds GB.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I like the Olympics, so yes, I will be watching.

over a year ago

If all you lot don't like don't watch it ,good to be British

over a year ago

"couldn't be arsed about fa cup,euros or world cup footy as it bores me ridgid with the overpaid twats!,but the olympic games you are talking about proper sports and dedicated sportsmen who dogive a damn and dont try to get each other sent of or maimed,

yeh bring on the olympics and go get them golds GB."

Yeah real sports! Jumping into a sandpit, sunning real fast or in circles for a couple of hours! Hell yeh half of then are cheating twats using illegal drugs fantastic role models!

over a year ago

"couldn't be arsed about fa cup,euros or world cup footy as it bores me ridgid with the overpaid twats!,but the olympic games you are talking about proper sports and dedicated sportsmen who dogive a damn and dont try to get each other sent of or maimed,

Yeah real sports! Jumping into a sandpit, sunning real fast or in circles for a couple of hours! Hell yeh half of then are cheating twats using illegal drugs fantastic role models! "

I would love to know how many are on the royds or whatever. Bet there are a fair few caught for dopeing but a lot more who don't

over a year ago

Yeah real sports! Jumping into a sandpit, sunning real fast or in circles for a couple of hours! Hell yeh half of then are cheating twats using illegal drugs fantastic role models! "

did you get ur body by hard work I wonder?

over a year ago

Yeah real sports! Jumping into a sandpit, sunning real fast or in circles for a couple of hours! Hell yeh half of then are cheating twats using illegal drugs fantastic role models! did you get ur body by hard work I wonder?"

Wonder what? There are places called gyms, people go, they train, over time you get results. Granted some guys struggle though they have no dedication.

over a year ago

Yeah,,,, theres never been a footballer dived in the box........ or tried cheating with his hands......and we've never heard of one being caught with dope in his system either..... not here in lala land.....

over a year ago

Yeah real sports! Jumping into a sandpit, sunning real fast or in circles for a couple of hours! Hell yeh half of then are cheating twats using illegal drugs fantastic role models! did you get ur body by hard work I wonder?

Wonder what? There are places called gyms, people go, they train, over time you get results. Granted some guys struggle though they have no dedication. "

same as the women and men who have trained for 4 years to be in London 2012

over a year ago

Looking forward to it...hope it all goes with out any major hitches....proud to be British.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I think it is great that UK is hosting although I wont be able to follow much of the action

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

i wouldnt exactky call it the greatest show on earth tbh..its ok i guess, but not something i get in a tizz about

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I hope team GB do well. The work and sacrifices that the athletes have put in deserve to be rewarded.

I don't want it not to happen, just want it to be over asap.

over a year ago

Yeah real sports! Jumping into a sandpit, sunning real fast or in circles for a couple of hours! Hell yeh half of then are cheating twats using illegal drugs fantastic role models! did you get ur body by hard work I wonder?

Wonder what? There are places called gyms, people go, they train, over time you get results. Granted some guys struggle though they have no dedication. same as the women and men who have trained for 4 years to be in London 2012"

Maria Isabel Moreno

Kim Jong-su Do Thi Ngan Thuong

Furosemide Fani Halkia

Lyudmila Blonska

Igor Razoronov

Bernardo Alves

Rodrigo Pessoa

Nonivamide Christian Ahlmann

Denis Lynch

Tony André Hansen

Courtney King

Adam Seroczynski

Rashid Ramzi

Davide Rebellin

Stefan Schumacher

Vanja Perisic

Athanasia Tsoumeleka

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I hope team GB do well. The work and sacrifices that the athletes have put in deserve to be rewarded.

I don't want it not to happen, just want it to be over asap."

It does mean quite a bit of upheaval if (like me) you have to travel to London at that time, could not be avoided lol

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

i must admit i have never seen a javelin thrower try to kebab another athlete,nor a hammer thrower drop the hammer on an opponent,nor a swimmer try to drown a fellow swimmer in a competition but just look at the recent euros cup thingy,they try to kick the bollocks of each other and get each other sent off by play acting!,your trying to call that a sport?.

i will stick with watching the olympics despite the trafic probs thank you!.

over a year ago

"i must admit i have never seen a javelin thrower try to kebab another athlete,nor a hammer thrower drop the hammer on an opponent,nor a swimmer try to drown a fellow swimmer in a competition but just look at the recent euros cup thingy,they try to kick the bollocks of each other and get each other sent off by play acting!,your trying to call that a sport?.

i will stick with watching the olympics despite the trafic probs thank you!."

Tonya Harding comes to mind!

Well you don't get football in the Midlands do you!

over a year ago

Good luck to Team GB, however, I shall be escaping the Olympics by heading north instead.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I'm looking forward to the Olympics, mainly because I will be there as a volunteer.

There are good and bad in every sport, footballers are paid a lot of money for doing very little. The majority of Olympic athletes hold down full time jobs as well as training as hard as they do. But I'm not about to turn this into a pissing contest. If you can't be proud of our athletes and our country, then shut up.

over a year ago

Couldnt give a flying beanbag about it ....yawn

By *edbagioMan
over a year ago

ripon

good luck to london with

the olympics ;hope they enjoy.

cant wait for the footy to start

i mean proper footy;

man u and that

over a year ago

no interest at all its funny how there's no money to fund public services ..yet money to fund all this...its all about corporate sponsorship.for the likes of..coca cola and mcdonalds...probably 2 of the most unhealthiest things you could put in your body...

over a year ago

"no interest at all its funny how there's no money to fund public services ..yet money to fund all this...its all about corporate sponsorship.for the likes of..coca cola and mcdonalds...probably 2 of the most unhealthiest things you could put in your body..."
and there's you with all that ink on you lol

over a year ago

Its all been over-hyped for me and I am board with it now.

By *plpxp2Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Feel obliged to enjoy it, after all our children are going to be paying for it for years to come

over a year ago

Look at Spain when they had it in 1992' 20 years later look at there country and see the great things they have done

over a year ago

i was,but the heavy handed approach to protecting the sponsors and obcession with money has ruined it all for me

over a year ago

Facts and figures:

Since the modern Olympics began in 1896 the United States have won the most medals (Gold, Silver & Bronze) in a combined total of Summer & Winter Olympics with a total of 2,549.

2nd place is the USSR with 1,204, then Germany with 1,099 (but if you add East Germany's total of 519 it would push Germany up into 2nd in the All Time Medals table).

4th, surprisingly, is Great Britain with 737 medals, but we're only 7 ahead of France.

Seems the Americans won't be surpassed for many many years to come.

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

"

Tonya Harding comes to mind!

Well you don't get football in the Midlands do you! "

ice skaters?,bloody winter olympics!,i'll give you that one.

but coming from doncaster you must have to travel an awful long way to see proper football?.

Post new Message to Thread