Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Freeview box

Jump to newest

By *imfromGlasgow OP   Man
over a year ago

er...guess

Has anyone else's Freeview box been playing up since the great re-tune of a few weeks ago?

Mine has taken to pixelating the image, hanging or going to a black screen. It also regularly looses the contents of the menu page and about twice a day it offers me the chance to add new chanels yet when I try to it wanders off for three minutes or more and returns to tell me there's no new channels available.

I'd throw the damn thing out but it's built into a DVD recorder

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yep, same here. Most channels are okay, but Channel Five looks like its the Lego channel

over a year ago

My dad in laws has been playing up but our sky+ HD is fine lol x

over a year ago

heard a few folk sayin it not been right some moved thiers and it helped a wee bit?? also somethin to with being near the handset bit for digital phones ?? x

over a year ago

We bought a new one from B&Q for £8! The one in the bedroom didn't make it through the grand retune, it was too old... cost £150 back in the day too.

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

sometimes it pays just to unplug it from the mains for a minute or two then plug it back in, i've had to do thats with both of mine and they are ok

over a year ago

"sometimes it pays just to unplug it from the mains for a minute or two then plug it back in, i've had to do thats with both of mine and they are ok "

Ooooo youve got two.? Posh git...

over a year ago

er...guess

Thanks all.

over a year ago

er...guess

Thanks all.

over a year ago

if all else fails heave it and tv out window and save yourself the license fee!!!

By *lackboaWoman
over a year ago

greenock

I have a similar problem......came back from holiday and telly is almost unwatchable...have done the auto-retune which helped a bit....will try the unplug and wait routine ...E x

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"I have a similar problem......came back from holiday and telly is almost unwatchable...have done the auto-retune which helped a bit....will try the unplug and wait routine ...E x"

Ah, the old "master reset" option lol!!

Also, as has been said on here, move your box away from any other digital equipment (hub, router, switch, "hands free digifones etc etc).

over a year ago

er...guess

"if all else fails heave it and tv out window and save yourself the license fee!!! "

License fee? What's that?

Actually I'd happily dump the telly but DAB reception here isn't great and I use Freeview to get stations I can't get on analogue radio.

over a year ago

licence fee..... the amount u pay the bbc not to watch thier channels lol!! yeah i use the radio on freeview/sky a lot and have been havin a few hissys over the signal breakin up!!

Post new Message to Thread