By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

i am wondering how this can be misleading? anyone wanna explain lol

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2283025.ece

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

What I don't understand is why when 2 men have got a girl restrained on the floor,with no resistence from her at all that they feel the need to punch her in the head?

over a year ago

my thoughts as well, and why the need to drag her up and out of the cell by her hair????

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Power and the opportunity to abuse it

over a year ago

I think it is misleading!!

I mean, it's quite clear the guy was trying to wipe off a dirty mark from her face with his knuckle.

seriously though, I can't really comment as I don't know the full story, no excuse to treat anyone like that, what so ever, but police are only human and have their limits like the rest of us, I'm sure he was reacting to something the girl had done or said as he will know there are cameras in the cell and so wont have acted on it for the sake of it, again, THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO TREAT SOMEONE LIKE THAT, but we all crack.

He wont be a police officer for much longer, but she will be free to go do whatever got her there in the first place.

Just playing 'Devils Advocate' here, don't shoot me.lol.

W

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I completely understand what you mean W,we don't know the whole story and can only comment on what we've seen

It may not be that the men in question lose their jobs though,its more likely that they will end up with a few months suspension while the complaint is being investigated ...on full pay of course

Oooh im so cycical today,its because ive got uni work to do and its so boring I have zero motivation lol

over a year ago

"I completely understand what you mean W,we don't know the whole story and can only comment on what we've seen

It may not be that the men in question lose their jobs though,its more likely that they will end up with a few months suspension while the complaint is being investigated ...on full pay of course

Oooh im so cycical today,its because ive got uni work to do and its so boring I have zero motivation lol"

Of course.

But being the american police and it being let out in public mainstream they are likely to lose their jobs, at least the way I see it.

There are 3 sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth.

Going off the only evidence we have then I hope they do lose their jobs, but I may feel very different if I knew the full story.

Let's face it, it's in the shitty sun so it's all sensationalised anyway, lol.

W

over a year ago

well for me the full story wont make a diffrence to me, what an earth can excuse a grown man treating a 15 year old girl that way? in my eyes nothing can. u can clearly see him punching her twice and dragging her up by her hair.

over a year ago

"well for me the full story wont make a diffrence to me, what an earth can excuse a grown man treating a 15 year old girl that way? in my eyes nothing can. u can clearly see him punching her twice and dragging her up by her hair. "

In a perfect world an adult would not lose his temper like that, but this is a very long way from a perfect world.

Say for example, she is a 'gang member' and so is her boyfriend, the police officer lost someone close to him due to say her boyfriend pointing a gun at them (whether family or a good friend in the force), now the girl recognises the police officer and laughs in his face, makes some disgusting remarks on how great she thinks it is, he loses it.

Now, that was metaphoric of course, but as we don't have enough story to go off it's as reasonable as any other guess.

There is no real excuse for that behaviour, but people are only human and react to situations, not always the best of actions either.

I see there is no questions on why she is there, she could be any type of criminal, or even innocent, the vid does not tell even half the story.

I say there is no excuse for that behaviour, but then if my child was seriously abused I may well act that way, so, I'm simply saying what we see tells us nothing of how and why.

W

over a year ago

Hmmm my 16 yr old sister says some nasty things to me, but not enough for me to beat the shit out of her!!

As a police officer, he should have risen above whatever she said or did and shut the door and walked away, he threw her about like a rag doll!

Yeah kinda ruins the American image of ''To Serve and PROTECT'' don't ya think lol

Truely disturbing!!

over a year ago

The police must have known they where being taped as well.

Like most things in the papers nowadays wait a while for the full story to come out - remember Mr Morgan and the photos of our soldiers !

over a year ago

The trouble is these days so many women insist on acting like guys.You only have to look at the various police arrest programes on T.V these days.They spit at,punch and kick the police but when they get it back all Hell breaks loose.

I'm not saying what they did was right but sometimes they must have the patience of saints,dealing with these yobs,both male and female.

I remember in my biker days,the last place you wanted to end up was in the back of a police van.You'd never believe how many flights of stairs they had in them,or how often we'd "fall" down them.

However we never used to bleat about it,it was a hazard of our lifestyle.One cop told us that what we had to understand was that they were the number one gang.He wasn't wrong.

These days if I was a cop I'd be kicked off the force inside a week.

Ric

XX

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Have to agree with you there Ric some ppl just dont know how many rogue police there are and a lot of them will try and clear up a crime even if it means setting up someone they know didnt do it and believe me I know firsthand and was told I could expect 3 yrs for something i didnt do but luckily the lies were exposed. And this IS fact.

over a year ago

"i am wondering how this can be misleading? anyone wanna explain lol

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2283025.ece"

I think we need to know what she was saying to them, guess it must have been pretty provocative.

After all they had her in the cell, and about to shut the door, but she is saying something, till we know what it was, how can we comment. I do realise it is in the sun

over a year ago

We can comment because a picture tells a 1000 words, it shouldn’t matter what she said, words don’t maim, imagine the uproar if this was teachers instead of police officers, shouldn’t matter what the full story is, it’s just so so wrong. I just hope none of those two have a wife at home, she might end up with a sore face if she says something out of place, which is justifiable right?

over a year ago

ah....but in America ............

says it all really

jim

over a year ago

"We can comment because a picture tells a 1000 words, it shouldn’t matter what she said, words don’t maim, imagine the uproar if this was teachers instead of police officers, shouldn’t matter what the full story is, it’s just so so wrong. I just hope none of those two have a wife at home, she might end up with a sore face if she says something out of place, which is justifiable right? "

As I said, we need to know the whole story. And i'm sure you know the Americans are getting to grips with the old wishy washy liberal attitude to crime and criminals... But best tip of the all in any language and country, don't become known to the police...

over a year ago

Here is a rather good example, not quite the same, but is a good example of what a short clip can say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3h-T3KQNxU&feature=related

W

over a year ago

I'm of a split opinion about this particular story. One part of me is saying 'tut, tut, thats just so wrong on so many levels' but another part of me is saying 'feral youths are getting away with murder because they are untouchable' ... if that had taken place on a street in the heat of a riot or a mugging the police officer would not have been condemned for it. As it took place in a controlled environment it would be correct to say that the officers lost control of that situation and should be reprimanded.

There is a close association between upholding the law and using minimal force where possible. This was not minimal force and quite unneccessary no matter how much provocation the officer felt. If he reacted to every insult thrown at him during the course of executing his duties how many times would he be up on a charge himself.

At the very least he needs counselling to control his rage before he is ever let out to police his local community again.

My final thought is this: Who polices the police?

over a year ago

People have been criticizing the actions of the police in this situation.

However when DCI Gene Hunt (T.V's Life On Mars) was knocking several colourful shades out of any little toe rag he even suspected of a crime,everyone who watched it was bemoaning the fact that we don't have cops like that any more.

It would be interesting to know what kind of cop's we'd choose in the real world.

Our vote would go to the Hunt's,Regan's and Burnside's.If you don't want the kind of treatment they'd dish out,don't get into that situation.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

over a year ago

It's all well and good having strong leaders of the police but the reason those types of officers no longer prevail in a modern police force is because we have gone beyond that type of approach to policing.

A police officer MUST be seen to uphold the common law or he is nothing more than a fascist imposing his own rule of law without fear of being held accountable.

The way in which society deals with it's criminal element is for politicians to decide, the police force exists to enforce those laws that the politicians make, and politicians are elected by the people to do our bidding.

As a democratic society we must back our police force with absolute rigidity so long as that force applies the law fairly and without prejudice.

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

What sort of cops would i like ...the sort that didnt wave there wage packets at starving miners in 80s taking the piss

or the sort that did not do a cavalry charge on the orders of the govt of the day to break a legitimate strike .

hey ho cant turn the clock back can ya

Post new Message to Thread