FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For example, I’ve got a gang of squirrels that come in my garden, take the nuts from the bird feeders and then leave little post it notes behind saying things like ‘This one needs toping up, lmfao!’ and ‘Cashew number 4 please!’ Always signed off with ‘All the best, Chris and the Bushy Tail Crew’ I will not rest till this group of reprobates are defeated, or at the very least till they have apologised and bring my nuts back.

So, what battle are you currently fighting ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Cashew made me chuckle.

I’m not fighting any battles currently.

I might pick a fight with something or someone tomorrow and report back.

over a year ago

Hirsutism. I pull out the hairs and bastards regrown. What gives??? I will win this battle. I will be as smooth as a greased eel.

over a year ago

My upstairs neighbours

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

With a 3yo who disagrees with my assessment that it's bedtime. Or should have been over 30mins ago

over a year ago

So many to the point I cried in a cupboard at work today.

over a year ago

"Cashew made me chuckle.

I’m not fighting any battles currently.

I might pick a fight with something or someone tomorrow and report back."

Always best to be a lover not a fighter, also always best not to be informed, once you’re informed that’s when the problems start.

over a year ago

"So many to the point I cried in a cupboard at work today. "

Sorry to hear that, hope you’re feeling better now.

over a year ago

Battling with my inner demons about that last tub of unopened Quality Street...Should I open it?? Omg, those big purple ones though!

I battled and now I am not speaking to myself...Quiet night for me then with Quality Street

over a year ago

"Hirsutism. I pull out the hairs and bastards regrown. What gives??? I will win this battle. I will be as smooth as a greased eel. "

Is hirsutism like stoicism ?

over a year ago

With the cold. You'd think it was winter or something.

over a year ago

Squirrels are little bastards really

over a year ago

"Squirrels are little bastards really "

That’s cause they’re always on a dare, whenever you see one squirrel up to no good there’s another 4 up a tree egging him on.

over a year ago

"With the cold. You'd think it was winter or something. "

I like the idea of winter, I just don’t want to be here when it happens.

over a year ago

"Battling with my inner demons about that last tub of unopened Quality Street...Should I open it?? Omg, those big purple ones though!

I battled and now I am not speaking to myself...Quiet night for me then with Quality Street "

Sure it’s not a sewing kit inside the tin ?

over a year ago

"Hirsutism. I pull out the hairs and bastards regrown. What gives??? I will win this battle. I will be as smooth as a greased eel.

Is hirsutism like stoicism ?"

No, but stoicism is required when dealing with hirsutism

over a year ago

The cat and I are waging a years long battle against each other for supremacy of the Comfy Cushion Nearest the Fire. She is winning today. Tomorrow I will defeat her.

over a year ago

"Battling with my inner demons about that last tub of unopened Quality Street...Should I open it?? Omg, those big purple ones though!

I battled and now I am not speaking to myself...Quiet night for me then with Quality Street

Sure it’s not a sewing kit inside the tin ? "

This is me! I don't do domesticated crap like that!

over a year ago

"Hirsutism. I pull out the hairs and bastards regrown. What gives??? I will win this battle. I will be as smooth as a greased eel.

No, but stoicism is required when dealing with hirsutism "

I’m trying studying the art of stoicism but it’s bloody hard, those squirrels keep distracting me.

over a year ago

"With the cold. You'd think it was winter or something.

I like the idea of winter, I just don’t want to be here when it happens. "

Same. I can look at a snowy day from a magazine picture if I have to

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

"The cat and I are waging a years long battle against each other for supremacy of the Comfy Cushion Nearest the Fire. She is winning today. Tomorrow I will defeat her."

No chance

over a year ago

"With the cold. You'd think it was winter or something.

I like the idea of winter, I just don’t want to be here when it happens.

Same. I can look at a snowy day from a magazine picture if I have to "

I’d prefer to Google winter when I’m in the Caribbean.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

There are 3 squirrels that run across the top of my garden fence daily, it’s quite a long run. They all collide in the tree at the end and have a squabble and bit of a ruck then they all disappear off in different directions. Had I of been at work as normal I would of missed it!

Should I put nuts out or not?

over a year ago

"The cat and I are waging a years long battle against each other for supremacy of the Comfy Cushion Nearest the Fire. She is winning today. Tomorrow I will defeat her.

No chance"

You're probably right

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Sure it’s not a sewing kit inside the tin ? "

Or plaster and bandages

over a year ago

No, but stoicism is required when dealing with hirsutism

I’m trying studying the art of stoicism but it’s bloody hard, those squirrels keep distracting me. "

If i fix your squirrel problem will you wax my bum?

over a year ago

I like to to take the high ground keep all my battles secret, that's why I only post cleverly disguised digs on Facebook and request that anyone who wants to know more inboxes me. I'm classy like that

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I'm fighting the battle with the bulge.

And fighting the urge to eat cake and chocolate.

over a year ago

"My upstairs neighbours "

Of course I'll tell you, thanks for asking

They constantly make a noise till stupid o'clock keeping me awake, kids running about, banging, jumping all over.

I've explained I need my sleep for my early morning blood tests.

We've talked about it, I've put a letter through the door, I've banged on the ceiling, shouted and all sorts.

Now I've given up and I'm playing them at their own game.

I'm making as much noise as I can at 7am to wake those fukkas up and play them at their own game.

Hope that clears it up for you

By *lla_eastWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

"For example, I’ve got a gang of squirrels that come in my garden, take the nuts from the bird feeders and then leave little post it notes behind saying things like ‘This one needs toping up, lmfao!’ and ‘Cashew number 4 please!’ Always signed off with ‘All the best, Chris and the Bushy Tail Crew’ I will not rest till this group of reprobates are defeated, or at the very least till they have apologised and bring my nuts back.

So, what battle are you currently fighting ? "

I always wondered why certain bird feeders were advertised as “squirrel proof”. Now I know why, those mouthy rascals!

over a year ago

"The cat and I are waging a years long battle against each other for supremacy of the Comfy Cushion Nearest the Fire. She is winning today. Tomorrow I will defeat her."

You will never beat a cat, and you just have one!

I'm currently fighting a battle of wills against my 6 Maine Coons who are sitting in front of me, almost in a semi-circle, trying to exert their cat-powers of mind control over me to give them food. I tried them on a new cat food this evening and they weren't impressed. Two have fallen asleep where they sit, but the other 4 are keeping up the vigil. It's getting very hot and uncomfortable in here and I'm a little bit frightened

over a year ago

"There are 3 squirrels that run across the top of my garden fence daily, it’s quite a long run. They all collide in the tree at the end and have a squabble and bit of a ruck then they all disappear off in different directions. Had I of been at work as normal I would of missed it!

Should I put nuts out or not? "

You could do, or leave a mini drum set, bass and guitar and see if they form a dub funk trio.

over a year ago

"There are 3 squirrels that run across the top of my garden fence daily, it’s quite a long run. They all collide in the tree at the end and have a squabble and bit of a ruck then they all disappear off in different directions. Had I of been at work as normal I would of missed it!

Should I put nuts out or not? "

Have you ever made a squirrel spinner? They are great fun to watch

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"For example, I’ve got a gang of squirrels that come in my garden, take the nuts from the bird feeders and then leave little post it notes behind saying things like ‘This one needs toping up, lmfao!’ and ‘Cashew number 4 please!’ Always signed off with ‘All the best, Chris and the Bushy Tail Crew’ I will not rest till this group of reprobates are defeated, or at the very least till they have apologised and bring my nuts back.

So, what battle are you currently fighting ? "

I'm a passifist

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

You could do, or leave a mini drum set, bass and guitar and see if they form a dub funk trio. "

Lmao I think I’ll stick with nuts!

over a year ago

"I like to to take the high ground keep all my battles secret, that's why I only post cleverly disguised digs on Facebook and request that anyone who wants to know more inboxes me. I'm classy like that "

Good thinking, that way it creates mystery and is also slightly annoying for your Facebook friends.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Have you ever made a squirrel spinner? They are great fun to watch "

No, perhaps I ought too

over a year ago

"I like to to take the high ground keep all my battles secret, that's why I only post cleverly disguised digs on Facebook and request that anyone who wants to know more inboxes me. I'm classy like that

Good thinking, that way it creates mystery and is also slightly annoying for your Facebook friends. "

Totes. Live, Laugh, Love and all that...

over a year ago

"The cat and I are waging a years long battle against each other for supremacy of the Comfy Cushion Nearest the Fire. She is winning today. Tomorrow I will defeat her.

You will never beat a cat, and you just have one!

I'm currently fighting a battle of wills against my 6 Maine Coons who are sitting in front of me, almost in a semi-circle, trying to exert their cat-powers of mind control over me to give them food. I tried them on a new cat food this evening and they weren't impressed. Two have fallen asleep where they sit, but the other 4 are keeping up the vigil. It's getting very hot and uncomfortable in here and I'm a little bit frightened "

6 Maine Coons!!!

You have the best life ever!

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Cats rule the earth; you'll only win because it suits your cat let you.

The cat is the real evil genius in the Bond films; Blofeld is it's pet mwuha ha ha.... Meooow

over a year ago

"I like to to take the high ground keep all my battles secret, that's why I only post cleverly disguised digs on Facebook and request that anyone who wants to know more inboxes me. I'm classy like that

Good thinking, that way it creates mystery and is also slightly annoying for your Facebook friends.

Totes. Live, Laugh, Love and all that..."

Only 450 sleeps before my holibobs.

over a year ago

I'm a passifist "

There’s always the emotional battle we have with ourselves, unless you are zen then it’s all cool.

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan
over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

No chance

You're probably right "

She’s definitely right.

Mine wins every time

over a year ago

"My upstairs neighbours

They constantly make a noise till stupid o'clock keeping me awake, kids running about, banging, jumping all over.

We've talked about it, I've put a letter through the door, I've banged on the ceiling, shouted and all sorts.

I'm making as much noise as I can at 7am to wake those fukkas up and play them at their own game.

"

Hope you can resolve it, that’s very unreasonable of them.

over a year ago

"My upstairs neighbours

"

That sounds horrendous

over a year ago

A family of foxes living under my decking.

Anyone know of any kind ways of getting rid of them?

over a year ago

"A family of foxes living under my decking.

Anyone know of any kind ways of getting rid of them? "

Are foxes dogs or cats ?

over a year ago

"I'm fighting the battle with the bulge.

And fighting the urge to eat cake and chocolate."

Good luck against the bulge.

over a year ago

I always wondered why certain bird feeders were advertised as “squirrel proof”. Now I know why, those mouthy rascals! "

They always find away!

over a year ago

I have a in the garden that leaves notes saying you got me but not my family

over a year ago

Just be nice, it’s not hard. And lads if a woman says no or clearly isn’t interested then move on, don’t message her giving her abuse etc, grow up and realise your words can affect others.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

A losing battle City, a losing battle of trying not to laugh at the opening post.

over a year ago

You’ve still got the hot water bottle though ?!

over a year ago

"A losing battle City, a losing battle of trying not to laugh at the opening post."

Glad you’re amused by those bunch of renegades.

over a year ago

You’ve still got the hot water bottle though ?! "

She took it from me at knife point and banned me from the living room. I'm currently sitting on the kitchen floor weeping into my green tea.

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan
over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

"A family of foxes living under my decking.

Anyone know of any kind ways of getting rid of them? "

Petrol and a match.

Oh, hang on, you said ‘kind’

over a year ago

My neighbours upstairs making weird noises at 2am x and I don’t think it’s fucking

over a year ago

Marriage, totally confusing

over a year ago

"My neighbours upstairs making weird noises at 2am x and I don’t think it’s fucking "

Thank you for bumping this!! The OP made me proper laugh.

Wish I could remember who it was.

over a year ago

"My neighbours upstairs making weird noises at 2am x and I don’t think it’s fucking

Wish I could remember who it was."

it was a bloke who lives in a yurt in the shite and likes to vibe to dub raggae

over a year ago

"My neighbours upstairs making weird noises at 2am x and I don’t think it’s fucking

it was a bloke who lives in a yurt in the shite and likes to vibe to dub raggae "

He's still here then, just not in a yurt anymore?

over a year ago

Wish I could remember who it was."

City Jeans

over a year ago

The squirrels are testing my patience, eating the bird food. It's not for them it's for the blue tits! FFS lol.

over a year ago

City Jeans "

Post new Message to Thread