Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do you handle antisocial people?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just to point out I am not on about hand jobs, dealing with lonely people I am more thinking of neighbours playing late night music, car alarms going off or leaving rubbish out etc. What is your personal plan of action to get results?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

anonymous shit through the letterbox

over a year ago

"anonymous shit through the letterbox "

What a note or the real McCoy?

over a year ago

Are the offending neighbours your only neighbours or have you got people attached to you the other side too ?

over a year ago

Well you can call environmental health at your local council or put a brick in a sock and start windmilling!

over a year ago

try a turd with a note attached

over a year ago

What can be done about anti-social behaviour ?

If you want to take action about anti-social behaviour you should first try and establish who is responsible for the behaviour.

It is also important to establish whether the behaviour is deliberate or unintentional.

What you do will depend on the type of behaviour you are complaining about and on the result you want.

You may, for example, want one or more of the following:-

to have the anti-social behaviour stopped

to get compensation for any damage, loss or injury suffered

to get an apology

to be re-housed elsewhere

the people responsible for the behaviour to be moved or evicted

To deal with anti-social behaviour you can do one or more of the following:

take action yourself, including going to court if you want compensation or an order to stop the behaviour from recurring

get the landlord to take action

get the local authority to take action

get the police to take action

over a year ago

"Are the offending neighbours your only neighbours or have you got people attached to you the other side too ?"

Not us but more a question in general after meeting someone last year who have now moved due to it being a problem.

over a year ago

"try a turd with a note attached "

I like it but not the easiest thing to attach a piece of paper too

over a year ago

"Are the offending neighbours your only neighbours or have you got people attached to you the other side too ?

Not us but more a question in general after meeting someone last year who have now moved due to it being a problem. "

ah ok then

some generic advice above

seems to be no shortage of action plans / tips online

over a year ago

keep a diary of events ,time dates ,wot was sed n call anti social ppl at enviramental office ,,they will try n mediate ,if that dnt work then they take stereo out of homes ,,,gud luk n dnt suffer in silence if u dnt want 2 leave ur name ,,u can do it annonymus ,,,,,

over a year ago

"Well you can call environmental health at your local council or put a brick in a sock and start windmilling! "

They were tempted to do that but decided not to. It really got me thinking though after friends had to move. The law can be an ass at times as it goes so slowly.

over a year ago

"try a turd with a note attached "

Stapled, glued or with the use of selotape?

By *lam rockerMan
over a year ago

Tain

get their telephone number and start advertising sex services on their behalf!

over a year ago

"get their telephone number and start advertising sex services on their behalf!"

Err they were not exactly what you would call lookers. Even with 4 pints of brandy you would be still saying no. (The nuance neighbours that is)

over a year ago

just leave a pile of dogshit outside their door with an envelope stuck in it! the note can read theres more where this came from

By *lam rockerMan
over a year ago

Tain

"get their telephone number and start advertising sex services on their behalf!

Err they were not exactly what you would call lookers. Even with 4 pints of brandy you would be still saying no. (The nuance neighbours that is) "

ah, but when you call a telephone number in the paper/on the internet there often isn't a pic of who you're going to see - try it!!

over a year ago

yes sbaybay i once did just that lol except i didnt leave out side of door i posted it threw letter box ,,as was sick n tired of her dog crapping on my door step ,,,,so i scooped it up n posted it ,,didnt realise she was havin sex in hallway n she got the lot in her open mouth ,,thankfully never had the problem ever again ,,,,yes fabsters this is a true story ,,,

over a year ago

"get their telephone number and start advertising sex services on their behalf!

Err they were not exactly what you would call lookers. Even with 4 pints of brandy you would be still saying no. (The nuance neighbours that is)

ah, but when you call a telephone number in the paper/on the internet there often isn't a pic of who you're going to see - try it!!"

Its an interesting possibility

over a year ago

"yes sbaybay i once did just that lol except i didnt leave out side of door i posted it threw letter box ,,as was sick n tired of her dog crapping on my door step ,,,,so i scooped it up n posted it ,,didnt realise she was havin sex in hallway n she got the lot in her open mouth ,,thankfully never had the problem ever again ,,,,yes fabsters this is a true story ,,, "

wtf if thats true thats mad

over a year ago

"yes sbaybay i once did just that lol except i didnt leave out side of door i posted it threw letter box ,,as was sick n tired of her dog crapping on my door step ,,,,so i scooped it up n posted it ,,didnt realise she was havin sex in hallway n she got the lot in her open mouth ,,thankfully never had the problem ever again ,,,,yes fabsters this is a true story ,,, "

OMG! I feel queasy

over a year ago

thats just how it made me feel every morning wen i came out my front door 2 take my kids 2 school n they walked in it ,,,,,,8mnths of built emotions n wen i spoke to her over it was brushed aside so action does speak 4 it self lol

over a year ago

"thats just how it made me feel every morning wen i came out my front door 2 take my kids 2 school n they walked in it ,,,,,,8mnths of built emotions n wen i spoke to her over it was brushed aside so action does speak 4 it self lol "

Well sounds like it had the desired effect.

over a year ago

My neighbours dog kept crapping in my garden after their fence blew down and the final straw was when my daughter who was then a toddler slipped and fell in it.

I knocked her door and when she opened it I tossed the shovelful of dog shit into her hall and said the dog would be getting the shovel across it's arse if I saw it in my garden again, and any shit I'd post through her letter box.

over a year ago

a few phone calls and the lads will be round....

never to be seen again...wink wink ..

"you'll be needing a new patio wont you sir????"

over a year ago

" a few phone calls and the lads will be round....

never to be seen again...wink wink ..

"you'll be needing a new patio wont you sir????""

What and Shit on the lawn?

over a year ago

well done laine ,,,,wud lv 2 have seen the shock on her face lol ,,,,

over a year ago

"well done laine ,,,,wud lv 2 have seen the shock on her face lol ,,,, "

It wasn't as if I hadn't told her politely before, and my husband had offered to help her man put up new fence panels. When my daughter fell in it I just snapped.

over a year ago

"Just to point out I am not on about hand jobs, dealing with lonely people I am more thinking of neighbours playing late night music, car alarms going off or leaving rubbish out etc. What is your personal plan of action to get results?"

Contact the Enviromental Health Officer. We had a problem like that a few years ago and it resulted in our neighbour's stereo equipment being confiscated.

Post new Message to Thread