Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

bargain of the day

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

laptop chargers are so expensive, and the universal ones arnt much cop, i've just bought one which is for my laptop ( 80 quid in shop)

10 quid on ebay, ( new)

bargain.

so anyone wanting one get on tinternet, i know someone on here was asking about em a while ago.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

"laptop chargers are so expensive, and the universal ones arnt much cop, i've just bought one which is for my laptop ( 80 quid in shop)

10 quid on ebay, ( new)

bargain.

so anyone wanting one get on tinternet, i know someone on here was asking about em a while ago.

"

I needed one a few months back as the manufacturer of mine was disputing that it was a fault and not damaged. As you say they are so bloody expensive to buy and I also got one from ebay for £6, it didn't work But it would have cost twice as much as it cost to send it back! Just my bloody luck

over a year ago

"laptop chargers are so expensive, and the universal ones arnt much cop, i've just bought one which is for my laptop ( 80 quid in shop)

10 quid on ebay, ( new)

bargain.

I needed one a few months back as the manufacturer of mine was disputing that it was a fault and not damaged. As you say they are so bloody expensive to buy and I also got one from ebay for £6, it didn't work But it would have cost twice as much as it cost to send it back! Just my bloody luck "

did u put a new fuse in, mines just come and didnt work, so i changed the fuse, it works now ,

By *ickedWWoman
over a year ago

Chester

Very much the same problem..

My parents lost the charger for their digi camera, Jessop;s wanted over £60 !!

Got one off Ebay for £12

By *im53Man
over a year ago

Boldon

the power pack for my printer went phoot and i went on e bay found one new for £20 looking at the photo i saw it was an hp one , so went on HP`s site and found one for £8 so much for e-bay

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just a wee word of caution...I own a design agency and we're doing work just now for the Electric Safety Councils christmas campaign about buying things like chargers etc, over the internet. They did a test and bought 20 differnt chargers for various devices from Ebay and other places and out of the 20, every single one of them was found to be faulty and had the potential to cause fire.

I've bought a ton of stuf off ebay and tinternet over the years but I had my eyes opened a swe bit by the work we're doing.

over a year ago

"Just a wee word of caution...I own a design agency and we're doing work just now for the Electric Safety Councils christmas campaign about buying things like chargers etc, over the internet. They did a test and bought 20 differnt chargers for various devices from Ebay and other places and out of the 20, every single one of them was found to be faulty and had the potential to cause fire.

I've bought a ton of stuf off ebay and tinternet over the years but I had my eyes opened a swe bit by the work we're doing."

i agree.

and did u know that laptop chargers ( any make ) are the biggest cause in house fires,

i never have mine switched on unless im using it, since the sexy fireman told me that

over a year ago

"Just a wee word of caution...I own a design agency and we're doing work just now for the Electric Safety Councils christmas campaign about buying things like chargers etc, over the internet. They did a test and bought 20 differnt chargers for various devices from Ebay and other places and out of the 20, every single one of them was found to be faulty and had the potential to cause fire.

I've bought a ton of stuf off ebay and tinternet over the years but I had my eyes opened a swe bit by the work we're doing.

i agree.

and did u know that laptop chargers ( any make ) are the biggest cause in house fires,

i never have mine switched on unless im using it, since the sexy fireman told me that "

My laptop charger at work gets pretty hot at times as well!

The fireman told you that? I hope he wasn't there puting out the house fire your charger caused?? Admit it, you just called a sexy fireman round to do a 'safety' check didn't you? ;p

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Cant beat the bargain of the day when someone put their partners sports car up on ebay for 50p for revenge

over a year ago

i agree.

i never have mine switched on unless im using it, since the sexy fireman told me that

The fireman told you that? I hope he wasn't there puting out the house fire your charger caused?? Admit it, you just called a sexy fireman round to do a 'safety' check didn't you? ;p"

lol, no he told me after he had spent the night putting out a huge fire, i just chatted him up, hehe

over a year ago

saw that on tv last nite the poor guy spent over 2 thousand hrs doing it up only for his disgruntelled mrs to flog it on ebay with a buy it now of 50p as long as the winning bidder could fetch it within 3 hrs as her hubby was due back home lmao

over a year ago

i agree.

The fireman told you that? I hope he wasn't there puting out the house fire your charger caused?? Admit it, you just called a sexy fireman round to do a 'safety' check didn't you? ;p

lol, no he told me after he had spent the night putting out a huge fire, i just chatted him up, hehe "

Wow, an opportunist flirter eh? I like it!! Another big fire to put out afterwards eh? In your knickers? Lol!

Post new Message to Thread