Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Flying off...

Jump to newest

By *riendlyfunfem OP   Woman
over a year ago

A world of my own

....on my holiday to Rhodes tomorrow from Manchester and just heard on the news they have a new xray machine there, on trial for 12 months, it saves the need for frisking and metal detectors. It makes all your clothes disappear and apparently leaves nothing to the imagination. It can even see breast implants!

What are your thoughts on this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

woudlnt bother me but could be quite embarrasing if time of the month ie tampons!

over a year ago

Jealous that ur off on ur hols tomorrow. Hope u ave a fab time hun xxx

over a year ago

have nothing to hide...they might even find parts of me that I haven't seen for years!

over a year ago

There will be a lot of happy customs men with big smiles on their faces !!

Have a lovely holiday xxx xxx

over a year ago

http://news.aol.co.uk/airport-trial-for-naked-scanner/article/2009101302205913637036

Wouldn't bother me - just hope the screen's big enough for my Willy - maybe I'll have to to go in twice - one for the first half then again for the 2nd

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/10/09 15:59:05]

over a year ago

ok, can't post the link as the site thinks its a phone number

Tony

over a year ago

It's not a phone Number Mr Crazy automatic forum gizmo - it was a link to the story

over a year ago

"http://news.aol.co.uk/airport-trial-for-naked-scanner/article/2009101302205913637036

Wouldn't bother me - just hope the screen's big enough for my Willy - maybe I'll have to to go in twice - one for the first half then again for the 2nd "

Tie it around ur waist

over a year ago

A world of my own

It wouldn't bother me if I was young and skinny but don't want customs folk havin a laugh at mi wbbbly bits

over a year ago

"It's not a phone Number Mr Crazy automatic forum gizmo - it was a link to the story "

Ah apparently we cant ave links either tho

over a year ago

"It's not a phone Number Mr Crazy automatic forum gizmo - it was a link to the story "

Yeah thats what I ment, we tried to post one to

Anyway, this was the story but can't post picture and yes, on the picture, you could make out the females genitals, I think its wrong... unless i was viewing the images haha

"A full-body x-ray machine to be tested this month at a US airport has raised concerns about privacy issues with some rights advocates saying the technology amounts to a virtual strip search.

The Backscatter machine to be used at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in Arizona will enable screeners to detect non-metallic devices and objects as well as weapons on a person's body, authorities say.

But critics, including the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), say the machine constitutes an invasion of privacy as it can display graphic images of nude bodies and its use could pave the way to widespread abuse of the images taken, with some possibly being posted or traded on the internet.

"Passengers expect privacy underneath their clothing and they shouldn't have to reveal themselves in that way," Jay Stanley, a privacy expert with the ACLU, said.

"This doesn't only concern genitals but body size, body shape and other things like evidence of mastectomies, colostomy appliances or catheter tubes.

"These are very personal things that people have every right to keep private and personal, aside from the modesty consideration of not wanting to be naked."

Federal officials, however, have downplayed such concerns saying that screeners will be able to blur out a person's genitals and that the x-ray image will be erased from the screen once a passenger is cleared through the machine.

The Transportation Security Officer operating the system will also not be able to print, store or transmit the image and will be viewing the x-ray in an area not visible to the public.

Officials said Backscatter will be a voluntary option for passengers undergoing secondary screening and is an alternative to the physical pat down procedures currently conducted at security checkpoints."

Tony

over a year ago

"It's not a phone Number Mr Crazy automatic forum gizmo - it was a link to the story

Ah apparently we cant ave links either tho "

I think a little bit of fine tuning is required to differentiate links from phone numbers

Grrrrrrr

over a year ago

"It's not a phone Number Mr Crazy automatic forum gizmo - it was a link to the story

I think a little bit of fine tuning is required to differentiate links from phone numbers

Grrrrrrr "

Fancy a shag release all that frustration lol

over a year ago

"It wouldn't bother me if I was young and skinny but don't want customs folk havin a laugh at mi wbbbly bits "

The piece I just read about it said it was voluntary ???

x x

over a year ago

Grrrrrrr

Fancy a shag release all that frustration lol "

Aye ok then - sounds good to me - your place or ours

over a year ago

Grrrrrrr

Aye ok then - sounds good to me - your place or ours "

More than welcum here...ill be upstairs in the bedroom waiting

over a year ago

A world of my own

"It wouldn't bother me if I was young and skinny but don't want customs folk havin a laugh at mi wbbbly bits

The piece I just read about it said it was voluntary ???

x x"

Yes, thank god for that! Its really not nice though is it? Wonder how customs people would feel if they had to walk around the airport naked? Just hope it doesn't become compulsary

over a year ago

If it improves airport security it gets our vote

over a year ago

Grrrrrrr

More than welcum here...ill be upstairs in the bedroom waiting "

Bloody shame you hadn't offered on Sunday - we were in Bradford

Typical bloody woman - always too late

over a year ago

Grrrrrrr

More than welcum here...ill be upstairs in the bedroom waiting

Bloody shame you hadn't offered on Sunday - we were in Bradford

Typical bloody woman - always too late "

Lol my mind reading powers never materialised when i was born sorry

Post new Message to Thread