Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Leaving home..................

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My middle son has just announced that he's moving to Stockport at the end of the month - he's 19

Shouldn't I be upset !!!!!!!!!!!!!

xx xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

we had to move 500 miles to get ours to leave home!!!

By *wsometwosomeCouple
over a year ago

its a village

No dont lol enjoy it. All of mine left before that age and did very well indeed and the other one decided to be mummies boy into his twenties. Just handed him to his girl friend a few month back and life is enjoyable again ))

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

of coure you should..you're his mummy...but wait till he comes home to stay....then you'll be looking forward to him going back...lol

over a year ago

"My middle son has just announced that he's moving to Stockport at the end of the month - he's 19

xx xx"

i left home at 16 and billy done likewise at 18 they all fly the nest at sometime and i suppose we have to let them go at some point and find out all about the big bad world themselves!

dont stop us worrying about them as parents tho! we've still got it all to come with our 3.

I'm sure he'll be fine!

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

[Removed by poster at 13/10/09 15:59:14]

over a year ago

I left home and moved back 3 times b4 i finally cut the apron strings lol

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

"My middle son has just announced that he's moving to Stockport at the end of the month - he's 19

xx xx"

My daughter left home a couple of weeks ago to move to Rhyl, shes also 19, trouble is she keeps coming back!!

I miss her and worry about her really.

over a year ago

I will worry about him, he's a big fish in a small pond here

Middle child and all that, he's capable of rubbing older brother, younger sister and me up the wrong way - thats why I think it's time

And he always knows theres a home here for him if he hates it

(Well till I find a hunky lodger that is lol)

xxxxxx

over a year ago

xx xx

My daughter left home a couple of weeks ago to move to Rhyl, shes also 19, trouble is she keeps coming back!!

I miss her and worry about her really."

Rhyl isn't that far up the road from me, will check on her if you want lol x

By *pitorswallowWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

my son who is 17 and a half, left home the other night after being told to pull his weight.. he was home by 4am the next morning lol.. thought i had a free bedroom for a while hehehehe

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

xx xx

Rhyl isn't that far up the road from me, will check on her if you want lol x"

Stockport only a few miles from me, we can keep an eye on each others kids

over a year ago

I went on holiday when I was eighteen....my folks stripped my bedroom and moved my sister in there!!!!! Scarred me for life....

over a year ago

xx xx

Stockport only a few miles from me, we can keep an eye on each others kids "

Sounds like a plan lol, are you back in time for and planning on coming to the Social, if so will look forward to meeting you there xx xx

over a year ago

Just realised the weekend he is moving out is the same one I'm meant to be at the Social !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops xxxx

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

lmao at stuscotlands posts lol

By *riendlyfunfemWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

xx xx

Stockport only a few miles from me, we can keep an eye on each others kids

Sounds like a plan lol, are you back in time for and planning on coming to the Social, if so will look forward to meeting you there xx xx"

Yes will be back and will be attending the social, looking forward to meeting you and everyone else there .

Ohhh tell your son he has to move out the week before or the week after!

over a year ago

i'd be more upset if mine said he was moving back in

over a year ago

Both of mine have left but we see more of them now than we did when they lived here

over a year ago

xx xx"

oh god im going to be devastated when my kids leave home, my eldest is going to uni next year and im dreading it already, no you shouldnt get upset, you have kids, they grow up and fly the nest, but you will get upset regardless as will i

over a year ago

"

Rhyl isn't that far up the road from me, will check on her if you want lol x"

don't forget to say hello

over a year ago

"

don't forget to say hello "

I won't lol x

over a year ago

2 down 3 to go for us, 3rd oldest still here n he is 20. wont be getting rid of 2 youngest for a while. They are only 8 and 6.

By *1dKingColeMan
over a year ago

east london

I moved to a flat in Bedford, a few miles down the road, at 18.

My parents moved to Aberdeen 3 weeks later!

LOL

over a year ago

i remember announcing at 19 i was leavin home my mother burst into tears and said " how will i manage without your dig money"... i still consider it home i go in i chuck my stuff down i leave cupboard doors open i raid the fridge...feels like iv never left apparently lol!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My son left home at 16 and i was devastated. He wanted to move to the city and go to college so he moved in with his dad. He may as well live on his own for all his dad does for him which is nothing. When he comes back here he treats it just like he did when he lived here. I love him to bits but we couldnt live together again

over a year ago

"Just realised the weekend he is moving out is the same one I'm meant to be at the Social !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops xxxx"

over a year ago

My 19 yr old son left back in may to live with his dad after i moaned about him sitting on his lazy arse all day. My 17 yr old daughter left to live with her dad after a row about her bad attitude 2 months ago. Both hated it there and didnt get on with dads girlfriend hence they are now living in a 2 bed flat paid for by dad lol. Think we had the best deal but i do miss and worry about my daughter, guess you always do however old they are. Dont think we could live with my son again but quite expect the return of daughter in the future when she realises where she was better off!!!!1

over a year ago

I am sure he'll be fine, as he knows you'll be there for him if things do not work out

Middle child here too, and I was sent here to go to school when I was 14, and decided to stay because I like it so much.

My parent regretted it, as I refused to immigrate to Canada with them when they decided to go there in 1987.

I was already settled here, nearly completed my degree which would lead to a professional qualification.

I have been on my own on and off since 14, and I am sure I caused my mum's hair to go grey prematurely

She still worries about me to this day, bless her!

Glad that I do not have kids to worry about!

Post new Message to Thread