Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

online privacy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone worry about howmuch of themselves they are giving away online, such as facebook and fabswingers?

I do worry about people i know finding me on fab somehow. Fab's not searchable on google though is it?

I might make my photos more private perhaps

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Does anyone worry about howmuch of themselves they are giving away online, such as facebook and fabswingers?

I do worry about people i know finding me on fab somehow. Fab's not searchable on google though is it?

I might make my photos more private perhaps "

i dont worry about myself, but i am constantly surprised on how much others do

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Not worried at all, we only post things that WE want to post. If there is a "requirement" for a piece of info that we don't want to give, we make something up...

We do feel safer on pay sites that we can block non members on, that way we know that those on there have had to pay to try and find us... But our info on all sites is what we want you to know...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

One can set his/her privacy setting so that his/her profile is not searchable via the net.

I only give out information I am prepared to give out myself on this and other boards that I frequent.

Not into Facebook and have my account de-activated. I may do the same with my LinkedIn account soon.

Not bothered about peeps knowing I am on FAB. Most peeps I work with know, as well as close friends.

I do not jam down their necks about what I get up to at weekends, just a wink and a smile is all they will get when asked.

over a year ago

Type your username up in google and see what comes up but you can hit your privacy settings x

By *ishful.thinkingWoman
over a year ago

east london

"One can set his/her privacy setting so that his/her profile is not searchable via the net.

I only give out information I am prepared to give out myself on this and other boards that I frequent.

Not into Facebook and have my account de-activated. I may do the same with my LinkedIn account soon.

Not bothered about peeps knowing I am on FAB. Most peeps I work with know, as well as close friends.

I do not jam down their necks about what I get up to at weekends, just a wink and a smile is all they will get when asked.

"

over a year ago

"Does anyone worry about howmuch of themselves they are giving away online, such as facebook and fabswingers?

I might make my photos more private perhaps "

Not really as I keep important details to myself. I do smile when lots give away so much info though after all its not the cleverest thing to do.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

You can opt our of being found on search engines its in your filters

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

With all things people share what they're comfortable with to varying degrees. Some don't divulge any personal information but their face is plastered all over the site. Others give you a blow by blow (no pun intended) account of their day, how they feel about themselves giving a blueprint for the unscrupulous to contact them...but their avatar is a shadow.

Thing is you never know where you'll show up no matter how discrete you are...like the man with the unusual surname I googled. He turned up alright, his full name, address, telephone number and email...on the BNP supporters list published by the Mirror.

Post new Message to Thread