Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

30 - the barren middle-ground?

Jump to newest

By *uriousguy81 OP   Man
over a year ago

Hackney/ Islington

30 a barren middle ground?

Maybe it's just my perception but it seems like late 20's to mid 30's is a quiet place for guys on here. I personally am interested in couples primarily but it seems to me that most couples (and ladies) either want young potentially eager guys in their late teens or early 20's (missed that boat already by joining late!) or Daddy types in their 40's or 50's to live out some fantasies.

What do you think? Do I have a warped sense of reality or are the early 30's a hold out and pay your dues time?

Love to hear from anyone who has an opinion!

Btw this is a generalisation of an observation rather than a 'complaint'. Maybe there is just more competition in this age range (although I hope not!)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Nope that is my preferred age range, not in to youngsters looking for a teacher, prefer a man who knows what he is doing......

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

not for us either - Think every age group feels the others are getting all the action at times. We have learnt it goes in phases as does the fun for one or other of us but it evens out over time

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"30 a barren middle ground?

Maybe it's just my perception but it seems like late 20's to mid 30's is a quiet place for guys on here. I personally am interested in couples primarily but it seems to me that most couples (and ladies) either want young potentially eager guys in their late teens or early 20's (missed that boat already by joining late!) or Daddy types in their 40's or 50's to live out some fantasies.

What do you think? Do I have a warped sense of reality or are the early 30's a hold out and pay your dues time?

Love to hear from anyone who has an opinion!

Btw this is a generalisation of an observation rather than a 'complaint'. Maybe there is just more competition in this age range (although I hope not!) "

I like 30 somethings.

over a year ago

Age is generally not a factor, it's the person and what they look like and how the go about presenting themselves and their experience in group play.

Perhaps try getting to some socials and clubs if they are your thing to get known, and network a bit - "swinging" if you can call that for a single is not the same as hitting a local club in town and hooking up with other singles!

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

it`s not just the 30s that feel its a barren ground but the 20s 40s 50s

if you are a single guy.

you must remember that you single guys out number ladies about 100/1 so there is a lot of competition,

you really need a profile and a message style that shines out meet me or you will be lost in the fog.

don't loose hart as i was a single guy and had great results on here,

hope you find some fun soon

shields

over a year ago

i like men in their late twenties and thirties.

very nice!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

so in the last week we have had

a) people who are young have a whinge... sorry, observing...because they perceive they are not getting meets because they are too young...

b) older people having a whinge... sorry observing... because they perceive they are not getting meets because they are older...

and now we get people in the middle having a whinge... sorry observing.... because they perceive they are not getting meets because the other two groups are doing so well they aren't complaining when they are....

go figure.......

I think people like to think of age as an "easy get out" as to why they are not getting meets.... and look at generalisations an excuse as opposed to being able to look at themselves and thinking "how can I make myself better and more appealing?"

over a year ago

"so in the last week we have had

a) people who are young have a whinge... sorry, observing...because they perceive they are not getting meets because they are too young...

b) older people having a whinge... sorry observing... because they perceive they are not getting meets because they are older...

and now we get people in the middle having a whinge... sorry observing.... because they perceive they are not getting meets because the other two groups are doing so well they aren't complaining when they are....

go figure.......

I think people like to think of age as an "easy get out" as to why they are not getting meets.... and look at generalisations an excuse as opposed to being able to look at themselves and thinking "how can I make myself better and more appealing?""

I think you are exactly right.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

would tend to disagree with the OP, yes we all have certain preferences and age is one of those..

there are plenty of genuine folk in whatever your preference is..

concentrate on that which you can influence (or in this case effect a meet)..

good luck

over a year ago

Myself and the OH look for guys between 30 and 50, we would defo not be interested in anyone younger as we like guys with some experience.

The problem we have is finding a bi guy in that age range!

By *uriousguy81 OP   Man
over a year ago

Hackney/ Islington

Thanks for all the contributions so far! All of them are fully appreciated, regardless of your stance.

I figured most of the replies would be along the lines of it not being age but something else nd can see where you are coming from.

However while I fully appreciate that there are at least 100 guys for every woman on here and that each has to find that something they have to offer and show it off I am specifically interested in ageism (perhaps I should have been explicit about that ).

So - rephrasing a little - when it is age that you specifically look for (either by the range on your profile or more explicit messages/statuses) do you think that 20's and 40's+ have more appeal than early 30's?

over a year ago

"Thanks for all the contributions so far! All of them are fully appreciated, regardless of your stance.

I figured most of the replies would be along the lines of it not being age but something else nd can see where you are coming from.

However while I fully appreciate that there are at least 100 guys for every woman on here and that each has to find that something they have to offer and show it off I am specifically interested in ageism (perhaps I should have been explicit about that ).

So - rephrasing a little - when it is age that you specifically look for (either by the range on your profile or more explicit messages/statuses) do you think that 20's and 40's+ have more appeal than early 30's?

"

nope

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Pre thirty blokes are still whooping it up .....

Thirty plus sees the start of stability and child rearing....( for most )

Later and they are at it again ......

over a year ago

"Pre thirty blokes are still whooping it up .....

Thirty plus sees the start of stability and child rearing....( for most )

Later and they are at it again ......"

yeah, give it about 6 months?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

A little longer for the good ones

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Thanks for all the contributions so far! All of them are fully appreciated, regardless of your stance.

"

ageism is only there is you want to see it... so that why I said it is an easy "excuse" for people to use.....

lets use your profile as an example... devils advocate time...

you have an age range of 18 to 49.... so is someone over 50 now going to scream "ageist" at you?... you could be considered by some to the guilty of the same exact thing you have "observed"...

irony huh......

the truth of the matter is that some people aren't going to be attracted to play with people young enough to be son or daughter....... just as you,for example, and others are not going to want to play with people old enough to be mum or dad......

and some people are going to want to play with people around their own age because that is where they feel comfortable....

so as some have said... concentrate on what you can control (for example... you may want to read the FAQ on "legal notices" and how useless they actually are) to present yourself better and sell yourself better.... as opposed to concentrating on the things you can't.....

over a year ago

You think 30-ish guys are in a bad way? No i don't think so.

A man in his 30s who is fit, healthy, has a decent job/career and is his own man is more rare to women than a platinum ring.

Although this doesn't translate to the web most of the time due to many reasons, in the real world you would be lucky not to bump into a woman that would like to sink her claws into you.

over a year ago

I joined this site aged 32 and am now 35 and during that time I've had fun galore, I don't think of it as a lean period at all.

In fact I think between 30 and 45 is probably the time when you appeal to the widest audience....

Post new Message to Thread