Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Grieving

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It will be 10 years this saturday since my father passed away,he died in hospital and for the last 9 years ive gone to the hospital chapel to look at the book of rememberance,last year the chaplain hadnt turned over the page from the day before and i had to go find someone to get it done,and was rather upsetting,ie felt like he had no importance to them.when would you guys in the forum think it would be acceptable not to go anymore, and just raise a glass to My hero to mark his passing.. cheers everyone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

when your ready to stop going you will. Its a very personal thing and different people act in different ways. Are you worried about going this year because it was upsetting last year. If so why dont you ring them i advacne to check the page has been turned. Im sure your father will just be smiling knowing that hes being thought off

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

Em goes to her local church and lights a candle for her dad, who died in an accident, about 20 years ago, so the answer i, there is no answer.

its when you decide you no longer need to, or want to, and prefer to remember at home, or with your loved ones.

me, i dont do all that stuff.

i just have quiet moments on my own when i remember people.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

see, the thing is, its always upsetting when you think your grief isnt felt by anyone else, or your memories arent thought of by others.

i had the same as my nan died the day before 9/11.

people were crying because strangers had died, whereas i was crying because someone i actually knew died.

it was a VERY angry period for myself

over a year ago

"It will be 10 years this saturday since my father passed away,he died in hospital and for the last 9 years ive gone to the hospital chapel to look at the book of rememberance,last year the chaplain hadnt turned over the page from the day before and i had to go find someone to get it done,and was rather upsetting,ie felt like he had no importance to them.when would you guys in the forum think it would be acceptable not to go anymore, and just raise a glass to My hero to mark his passing.. cheers everyone"
youve probably hit the nail right on the head diamond,thanks hunny xxx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Its lovely that u care enough to do this and to be able to talk about it - they are all right, when the time is right for you to do something different you will do - I hope the page has been turned for you xxx

over a year ago

"see, the thing is, its always upsetting when you think your grief isnt felt by anyone else, or your memories arent thought of by others.

i had the same as my nan died the day before 9/11.

people were crying because strangers had died, whereas i was crying because someone i actually knew died.

it was a VERY angry period for myself"

thank you for that hunny x

over a year ago

"Its lovely that u care enough to do this and to be able to talk about it - they are all right, when the time is right for you to do something different you will do - I hope the page has been turned for you xxx "

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

My mum died 10 years ago last november 5th and every year we had a firework party to celebrate her life.

At the end of last years I announced it was the last one. I just felt that the time had come to close the book (sorry if thats a bad comparison). But it's up to you, only you can decide.

My thoughts are with you and I'll raise a glass myself if you don;t mind

Post new Message to Thread