Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Glasgow Rangers

Jump to newest

By *kmale421 OP   Man
over a year ago

wirral

Dan Roan of BBC is tweeting that Glasgow rangers have been voted into Division 3.

I have to admit while respecting the Scottish Football Clubs for their Sporting Integrity arguments, I really never thought they would fo this on the grounds of the financial impact of this decision.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lam rockerMan
over a year ago

Tain

it\s Rangers, it's Scottish football, the teams in the third division will be happy to see Rangers there! So will everyone else. It's a long game, waiting for them to progress back to the top (well, second from top). Money will be made all along the way for the next three years by teams in every division.

By *kmale421 OP   Man
over a year ago

wirral

"it\s Rangers, it's Scottish football, the teams in the third division will be happy to see Rangers there! So will everyone else. It's a long game, waiting for them to progress back to the top (well, second from top). Money will be made all along the way for the next three years by teams in every division."

Maybe, or maybe this will happen:

Rory Smith ?@RorySmithTimes

Fear was that if Rangers go into SFL3 - as it appears they will - was that it leads to SPL2. Scottish football may be about to eat itself.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"it\s Rangers, it's Scottish football, the teams in the third division will be happy to see Rangers there! So will everyone else. It's a long game, waiting for them to progress back to the top (well, second from top). Money will be made all along the way for the next three years by teams in every division."
True, imagine the money these bottom Div teams are gonna make playing rangers?

over a year ago

its a brand new company and a brand new club..

the old one went bust...

sorry but you got to start at the bottom and work up..

look at AFC Wimbledon... sam hammam just took their local team and moved it miles away for his own gain. The local team had to restart at the bottom of the football pyramid and now they are back in the football league.

i know its bitter pill to take but 3 years and they will be back in the prem.

if they arent, then they aint good enough..

By *kmale421 OP   Man
over a year ago

wirral

Mind you Rangers finally get their wish to play in England after all these years, Berwick Rangers await them eagerly....

As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for...

over a year ago

Sporting integrity? A load of shite. This is about kicking the big guy whilst he's down. The worst decision in Scotlands economy of all time. Rangers never done anything illegal. The EBT's have been use by many large companies and is a legal loophole. Sanctions have just been made up to completely cripple Rangers and the hatred shown has been quite sickening. Plenty of clubs will be bust within six months within six months, with the risk of unemployment for thousands.

Sporting integrity. Don't make me laugh.

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Are you saying it's ok for bigger companies to rip off their creditors and carry on as if nothing has happened?

That is what rangers did.

Fair play to the Scottish clubs for standing up to them

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Sporting integrity? A load of shite. This is about kicking the big guy whilst he's down. The worst decision in Scotlands economy of all time. Rangers never done anything illegal. The EBT's have been use by many large companies and is a legal loophole. Sanctions have just been made up to completely cripple Rangers and the hatred shown has been quite sickening. Plenty of clubs will be bust within six months within six months, with the risk of unemployment for thousands.

Sporting integrity. Don't make me laugh."

yes i thought that it was solely a conspiracy also...

probably from HMRC do you think...

ffs get real fella, they were bang to rights and instead of bleating about being 'victims and hard done by' perhaps a little bit of humility or even dare i say remorse...

what about the creditors?

nothing to do with spoting integrity, its fraud by any other name...

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/07/12 15:11:34]

over a year ago

Rangers are just cheating bastards, pure and simple!

Plus, its a NEWCO!! That means they SHOULD start from the bottom and work their way up again!!

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"its a brand new company and a brand new club..

the old one went bust...

look at AFC Wimbledon... sam hammam just took their local team and moved it miles away for his own gain. The local team had to restart at the bottom of the football pyramid and now they are back in the football league.

if they arent, then they aint good enough.."

dude, sam had been in charge of, and left, cardiff city, in the time the old wimbledon had been hijacked and taken to milton keynes by waterman.

they had to start at the bottom of the tree becuase they were a completely new football club, not just a rebuild of wimbledon, as for all intents and purposes, they still existed, just in keynes.

as for rangers, i find it hilarious that the SPL clubs voted against them staying in the top flight, yet tried to put pressure on the football league clubs to vote them in the first division, so they were back in the top quicker.

good on them.

now the lower teams will get a healthy gate receipt for 4 games a season for the next few years.

and, lets be honest, seeing as rangers are starting from scratch, its no guarantee they will be in the top flight in 3 years.

over a year ago

"Dan Roan of BBC is tweeting that Glasgow rangers have been voted into Division 3.

I have to admit while respecting the Scottish Football Clubs for their Sporting Integrity arguments, I really never thought they would fo this on the grounds of the financial impact of this decision.

"

Its the only fair thing to do and football is based on fairness or should be. The negative is financially its going to cripple Scottish football more than it has already been. What cash the teams have will fast evaporate as sky will probably renegotiate the deal and rightly so for their point of view. Good look to the rest of the Scottish teams though and much admiration for doing the right thing.

over a year ago

"Rangers are just cheating bastards, pure and simple!

Plus, its a NEWCO!! That means they SHOULD start from the bottom and work their way up again!! "

If you look into irregularities so have Celtic over the years. Don't think this will not financially cripple the other teams up there as it will. Football north of the border has effectively died today and will struggle to come back with little more than a whimper.

over a year ago

the right decision was reached in that rangers should start from division 3.

the SPL took the 'sporting integrity' stance.....but then not so secretly, wished that the SFL accept the newco into division 1 to reduce the financial impact to the SPL big boys!! Sorry but you cant have it both ways and now those clubs in the SPL who voted (quite rightly) to refuse the newco back in to the SPL, must now cut their cloth as they will suffer severe financial hardship.

scotland has a disproportionate amount of senior clubs for its population.....so this could be a blessing in disguise

Rangers now have to blood some young players and i for one might consider going back to watch some games now.

look out for many rangers fans cancelling their sky/espn subscriptions

scottish football has been in a sorry state for years and hopefully this might sort out the problems that lie within

over a year ago

the old one went bust...

dude, sam had been in charge of, and left, cardiff city, in the time the old wimbledon had been hijacked and taken to milton keynes by waterman.

they had to start at the bottom of the tree becuase they were a completely new football club, not just a rebuild of wimbledon, as for all intents and purposes, they still existed, just in keynes.

as for rangers, i find it hilarious that the SPL clubs voted against them staying in the top flight, yet tried to put pressure on the football league clubs to vote them in the first division, so they were back in the top quicker.

good on them.

now the lower teams will get a healthy gate receipt for 4 games a season for the next few years.

and, lets be honest, seeing as rangers are starting from scratch, its no guarantee they will be in the top flight in 3 years."

The new Rangers isn't a rebuild , its a brand new company and if they are starting from scratch then they are a brand new team..

Fair enough, they made the proper applications to join and were turned down so they have to join somewhere else.

They will be fine over the next 3 or 4 years, its the fans i feel sorry for because they are the ones that suffer.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

the old one went bust...

good on them.

and, lets be honest, seeing as rangers are starting from scratch, its no guarantee they will be in the top flight in 3 years.

The new Rangers isn't a rebuild , its a brand new company and if they are starting from scratch then they are a brand new team..

Fair enough, they made the proper applications to join and were turned down so they have to join somewhere else.

They will be fine over the next 3 or 4 years, its the fans i feel sorry for because they are the ones that suffer."

you say its a new company, and in many ways i gree, but they STILL have the same assets as the oldco, just not the debt.

whereas, with wimbledon, they had to find a new place to play and so on.

over a year ago

the old one went bust...

good on them.

They will be fine over the next 3 or 4 years, its the fans i feel sorry for because they are the ones that suffer.

you say its a new company, and in many ways i gree, but they STILL have the same assets as the oldco, just not the debt.

whereas, with wimbledon, they had to find a new place to play and so on."

they are being LIQUIDATED!!!

Liquidation=having to start afresh with a new company name!

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

the old one went bust...

good on them.

whereas, with wimbledon, they had to find a new place to play and so on.

they are being LIQUIDATED!!!

Liquidation=having to start afresh with a new company name! "

so they arent glasgow rangers and arent playing at.....erm...ibrox??

over a year ago

Nope, they aren't glasgow rangers anymore! They are 'the glasgow rangers fc'!!

By *lassic1Man
over a year ago

bellshill

Agree totally......but why did it take three months to happen.....heads must roll at HQ.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"Nope, they aren't glasgow rangers anymore! They are 'the glasgow rangers fc'!! "

oh well, colour me corrected.

the cost of getting all the stationary changed to show the different name will alone put them back into administration. jesus, they got of lightly.

clubs in england that properly get folded, start in non league. end of.

they are just lucky they didnt get their way and join the english leagues before now

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Football died in Scotland when they started playing each other 4 times per season, the spl teams were greedy for the old firm money and killed the chance for young players to come through

Is it the same Glasgow rangers?

No it's a new family moved into an old house.

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

dont get me started on this one, im a pompey fan, us fans have been screwed so many times by dodgey owners (one who may non even exist) managers, chairman , and others with thier fingers in the pie that they ought to give a tube of Ky with every season ticket.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"dont get me started on this one, im a pompey fan, us fans have been screwed so many times by dodgey owners (one who may non even exist) managers, chairman , and others with thier fingers in the pie that they ought to give a tube of Ky with every season ticket."

really do feel for you fans.

still, got a really good young manager, so get behind him.

wit ha bit of backing, and luck, he will bring you back.

over a year ago

Celtic for the spl title again then

By *ess44Couple
over a year ago

northernireland

[Removed by poster at 13/07/12 16:28:42]

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

"Celtic for the spl title again then "

Wide open for second this year though

over a year ago

Plus, its a NEWCO!! That means they SHOULD start from the bottom and work their way up again!! "

I've read some stupid things before but some of your stuff is just taking the piss.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

Plus, its a NEWCO!! That means they SHOULD start from the bottom and work their way up again!!

I've read some stupid things before but some of your stuff is just taking the piss."

tell him how he is wrong, then.

over a year ago

We follow Aldershot town fc who went bust in the early 90's,We had to work our way back into the league...sometimes it's good for a club to have a clean slate and work their way back to where they belong.

over a year ago

I've read some stupid things before but some of your stuff is just taking the piss."

So, what did i say that was wrong then? Please enlighten me??

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

I've read some stupid things before but some of your stuff is just taking the piss.

So, what did i say that was wrong then? Please enlighten me?? "

i already asked, mate.

seems its easy to say someone is wrong, but a little more difficult to say why or how. (guessing the young man in question is a diehard blue, with blue tinted specs)

over a year ago

i already asked, mate.

seems its easy to say someone is wrong, but a little more difficult to say why or how. (guessing the young man in question is a diehard blue, with blue tinted specs)"

thinking that myself m8!

over a year ago

So, what did i say that was wrong then? Please enlighten me?? "

I've already answered it in the big thread on this in the Scotland forum. You haven't a clue what you are talking about and seem completely deluded, twisted and bitter.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

I've already answered it in the big thread on this in the Scotland forum. You haven't a clue what you are talking about and seem completely deluded, twisted and bitter."

seeings as most of us dont venture into the scotland forums, then please do tell us why rangers should be treated differently than ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE COUNTRY?

i would be delighted to be enlightened as to what i have missed.

over a year ago

I've already answered it in the big thread on this in the Scotland forum. You haven't a clue what you are talking about and seem completely deluded, twisted and bitter."

Oh right, your of the opinion that DUAL CONTRACTS are legal?? Get a grip, they are ILLEGAL in football! Hence, paying players ILLEGALLY is CHEATING is it not??

By *ove2-shareCouple
over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

"dont get me started on this one, im a pompey fan, us fans have been screwed so many times by dodgey owners (one who may non even exist) managers, chairman , and others with thier fingers in the pie that they ought to give a tube of Ky with every season ticket.

really do feel for you fans.

still, got a really good young manager, so get behind him.

wit ha bit of backing, and luck, he will bring you back."

we have already been docked another 10 points for the third ime and are about 50 mil in debt due to very very dodgey deaings,so i doubt it but we can hope

over a year ago

I've already answered it in the big thread on this in the Scotland forum. You haven't a clue what you are talking about and seem completely deluded, twisted and bitter.

Oh right, your of the opinion that DUAL CONTRACTS are legal?? Get a grip, they are ILLEGAL in football! Hence, paying players ILLEGALLY is CHEATING is it not?? "

I need to get a grip? You're coming across as a hate filled crackpot. The EBTs they haven't been found guilty of, but hey it's Rangers so it's guilty until proven innocent.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

Oh right, your of the opinion that DUAL CONTRACTS are legal?? Get a grip, they are ILLEGAL in football! Hence, paying players ILLEGALLY is CHEATING is it not??

I need to get a grip? You're coming across as a hate filled crackpot. The EBTs they haven't been found guilty of, but hey it's Rangers so it's guilty until proven innocent."

holy shit, fella.

do i need to go trawling for your argument or are you going to provide it (you know where you posted it, go back and copy n paste it save you typing it again)

you have not given a counter argument, just said he is wrong.

tell me why you think he is wrong

over a year ago

There is another thread on this in the Scotland section.

By *ovedupstillCouple
over a year ago

mullinwire

"There is another thread on this in the Scotland section."

i got that, but i am not going to trawl through an entire thread to find your rantings.

i guess its just not that good an argument

over a year ago

"There is another thread on this in the Scotland section.

i got that, but i am not going to trawl through an entire thread to find your rantings.

i guess its just not that good an argument"

My rantings? Aye OK mate

over a year ago

I need to get a grip? You're coming across as a hate filled crackpot. The EBTs they haven't been found guilty of, but hey it's Rangers so it's guilty until proven innocent."

The have been found guilty, its just the appeal we are waiting on.

over a year ago

Actually, they HAVE been found guilty of dual contracts! What do you think the £160,000 fine and the years transfer embargo was for? Selling rotten pies??

Oh, and by the way, 'hate filled crackpot'?? Lol, i'm not the one trying to defend a cheating, manipulative team that deserves all it gets!!!

And for fans that don't do walking away!! Haha, what about your supporters club telling the fans not to buy a season ticket in case you went down to div 3!! Lol

Post new Message to Thread