Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

WTF is that noise?!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Since 6.30am today theres been a constant beep beep beeping outside my house! Sounds like a lorry reversing...but hey ho...theres nothing there!! Still going strong now beep beep beep...driving me fcuking nuts!!! What could it be??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

could it be someones smoke alarm? or yours indicating a low battery?

just a suggestion!

over a year ago

The battery in your smoke alarms getting low, either that or you have tinitus

over a year ago

haha...oh yeah...just noticed my house is on fire!!! LOL

No seriously...its coming from outside. I initially thought it was someones smoke alarm, but the battery would have run out by now...surely!

I rang my neighbour to see if shes ok... she can hear it but thought her hearing aid was playing tricks on her!... God knows!

over a year ago

low battery warning can last for hours! damn things! lol...

over a year ago

Could it be you medication for pneumonia??

I don’t know how it is treated but I know when I change my antibiotics I can get hyper sensitive hearing that can be that bad I hear the guy downstairs switching lights on and off.

Or it could be one of your neighbours has an alarm clock going off??

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

Did you have a curry last night ?

over a year ago

Well other neighbours can hear it too...defo not my medication or my mind.

Am gonna have to go walk the pooch in a mo and do some investigating... hmmm am feeling the need to rip someones skin off!!! GRRRR

over a year ago

"low battery warning can last for hours! damn things! lol..."

Ohh damn smoke alarms ours is hooked up to the electric and I thought all was going to be fine still checked it every week as I have done with the battery operated ones.

BUT one night hubby was cooking bacon and the damn thing went off for ages so I did what I normally do open windows front door waggle tea towel under it and it still “chirped” every few minutes for over 3 hours!!

I called out the electrician who looked up the attic disconnected it and left us with a battery operated one over night, came back the next day told us the smoke alarm was meant to be connected up via the hall light but wasn’t connected properly.

Good thing we had set it off accidentally cos it wasn’t connected to the electrics at all and each time I had checked it I was wearing out the back up battery so if hubby hadn’t set it off we could have had a fire and no smoke alarm all cos of the cowboys the housing association employed to fit the damn things.

Shona

x x x

Post new Message to Thread