Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Implant replacement

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So its coming up to the 3 years of having my implant and i still plan on keeping it for longer and having it replaced, i just wanted to know if anyone had any trouble with having theirs removed as ive heard a lot of stories about it being a nightmare to get them out and it being pretty painful, obviously i know it has to come out so ive got no choice really and also why they say to have it removed a month before the 3 years, is it because leaving it like a week before is too much of a risk, just curious really but yep im really not looking forward to having it removed!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *abloBackMan
over a year ago

London

Not removing my implant, that will reduce the length to nine inches

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

a friend of mine was just poked around a fair amount and left with some pretty bad bruising. Hers was implanted deep into the arm though.

over a year ago

I've been told to come in 6 months before its due and have it removed....

I'm also not looking forward to it As have heard some horror stories... Hope it goes okay

Cali

over a year ago

I had mine removed and didnt have another one put in.

Sorry to say its worse coming out, as everything has grown round it but they do numb your arm, so just make sure you have some pain relief for a few days after.

The bruising cant be helped and I had bruising all over the top of my arm, I have a 5 year coil now and have had it swapped already, which whilst it wasnt fun (insertion or removal) it was over very quickly, so I'm sticking to the coil

good luck

By *ngelsdevilWoman
over a year ago

Merseyside

I'm due to have mine removed Oct '13 and I'm dreading it already

Il probably go early to have it removed as Cali said anywhere upto 6 months early so iv got less than a year to prepare lol

I'm sure it's fine! There's always horror storys but there's plenty of people who are in and out with no problems too hopefully we will be one of them!

xx

Post new Message to Thread