Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tom Lehrer

Jump to newest

By *inkyScot22 OP   Man
over a year ago

Anniesland

Tom Lehrer is an American singer-songwriter, satirist, pianist, and mathematician. Best known for his piano songs. Titles include: "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park", "The Vatican Rag" & "The Irish ballad"

I found out about him recently and have to share him, you can find a lot of his songs on youtube, in low quality but when you hear the songs you'll 'get it', he had me in stitches. I recommend "I got it from Agnes"

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Love Tom Lehrer - have done for years. His Elements song got me through my physics. Have you listened to Peter Skellern?

By *inkyScot22 OP   Man
over a year ago

Anniesland

No I haven't heard him, but i'll give it a go, thanks.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

You may want to dip your toes into the Flanders and Swann pool as well. Linguistically funny and just sometimes absurd.

over a year ago

I have his entire collection. What he sang in the 60's is just as valid today.

"Be Prepared".

By *ush_tushWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Tom's the Boy. My brother introduced to him in the 80's...wickedly funny...in fact, think I'll pop over to you tube

over a year ago

Have been listening to him since I was a kid. He did great songs called, I Got It From Agnes and The Masochism Tango. Both on U tube good for a giggle x

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"Tom Lehrer is an American singer-songwriter, satirist, pianist, and mathematician. Best known for his piano songs. Titles include: "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park", "The Vatican Rag" & "The Irish ballad"

I found out about him recently and have to share him, you can find a lot of his songs on youtube, in low quality but when you hear the songs you'll 'get it', he had me in stitches. I recommend "I got it from Agnes""

i have been listening to him for over 20 years ,he is so funny ,love pigeons.

simple but funny

over a year ago

"Have been listening to him since I was a kid. He did great songs called, I Got It From Agnes and The Masochism Tango. Both on U tube good for a giggle x"

Snap...;-)

Fight Fiercely Harvard...

Post new Message to Thread