Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is this strange?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I phoned my girlfriend up the other day to say that things havnt been good between us for the last couple of months and that it was over between us. I said I would still (genuinely) still like to be her friend. She then tells me she has been seeing another man for the last two months which was when started to go wring and she is head over heels in love with him. She had cheated on him already with me as we have had sex quite a few times lately. I had hoped things would get better and we'd get through it. My question is, even though i called her to end it, i still feel like shit and really hurt. Is that normal?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I phoned my girlfriend up the other day to say that things havnt been good between us for the last couple of months and that it was over between us. I said I would still (genuinely) still like to be her friend. She then tells me she has been seeing another man for the last two months which was when started to go wring and she is head over heels in love with him. She had cheated on him already with me as we have had sex quite a few times lately. I had hoped things would get better and we'd get through it. My question is, even though i called her to end it, i still feel like shit and really hurt. Is that normal? "
I would have expected you to feel like shit even if she had been devestated that you wanted to finish it up, you aren't 12 anymore, after all.........

Forum Mod

over a year ago

So she started seeing someone else about the same time you got your profile on here?

over a year ago

What is it that you're feeling hurt about?

Is it that things didn't get better when you hoped they would? or that she was seeing another guy behind your back?

If it's the latter, then you're probably not really feeling 'hurt', cos you didn't want her really anyhoo. It'll just be yer ego that's bruised is all.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Im sure you posted along these lines some weeks back ....

over a year ago

"So she started seeing someone else about the same time you got your profile on here? "

over a year ago

You'll get over it I think.

By *andymanleeds43Man
over a year ago

Leeds

get on jerry swinger show

over a year ago

"get on jerry swinger show"

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

genius,the perfect table turning scenario.

over a year ago

"So she started seeing someone else about the same time you got your profile on here? "

Hmmmm..... we spotted that little hole in the argument too....

and

over a year ago

Dumped by phone.....

you should be ashamed

over a year ago

It is perfectly natural to be hurt and upset when a relationship ends.

But going on what you've written and the little information we can glean from that, I believe you are feeling a bit miffed that she has found someone else and appears to be quite pleased about your decision to end it.

You are on here, I'm suspecting she didn't know that. Look at this in a positive way, she has moved on and found someone new and appears happy. You can also move on now and as the split was accepted by both, hopefully things will be amicable.

Be pleased for her, after all you wouldn't want her to be sitting at home, crying and devastated and pining for you after your phone call to end it with her - would you?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Dumped by phone?!! You're a class act!

You're not hurt, just your ego. You both came to the realisation your relationship had come to an end: you by being on this site, her, by finding her current love of her life.

You blinked first and ended it, probably thinking she'd be devastated not relieved. You're probably miffed that whilst you were having meaningless sex with strangers, enjoying the thrill she was moving on to pastures new.

Never mind hey, you'll get over it!

By *ont Ask Dont GetWoman
over a year ago

amersham

I would think it is perfectly normal to feel a sense of loss no matter what the circumstances of a break up.

For all the reasons you mention it sounds like your relationship had come to a natural end anyway so hopefully you'll feel better soon.

over a year ago

This 'friends' thing

I always regard it as somewhat suspect.

That said, I am touch with all but 1 of my exes, but there has always been a period of seperation and non-contact.

I don't feel that remaining friends from the outset is necessarily a good thing.

Both parties need time and opportunity to settle, re-adjust and start to define his or her self as an individual as opposed to as part of a couple.

Remaining 'friends' from the outset, blurs that process and will generally result in one or both parties not fully moving on.

over a year ago

this has also reminded me of a stand up i saw

she said

'my boyfriend and i have just split up. he wanted to stay friends. i said i didn't think it was wise, i mean what would we talk about ? he said well, just talk to me like you would talk to your other friends. so, i told him how awful he was'

over a year ago

"Dumped by phone.....

you should be ashamed "

At least he didn't do it via text!!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/07/12 07:20:23]

over a year ago

"Dumped by phone.....

you should be ashamed

At least he didn't do it via text!!!"

over a year ago

I suppose it's quite normal to feel a bit shitty.

Even though I hated the very sight of my ex wife, I still felt shitty when I finally walked away from her.

Just something I've noticed though, and don't take this the wrong way ......

You claim that things started to go wrong with you and your g/f about 2 months ago.

Is it mere coincidence that 8 weeks ago YOU started a profile on here ?

over a year ago

Thanks for the thoughts. Yes it started to go wrong when i joined fab. She was already on another similar site meeting men when I met her which she told me about. She was happy for the open relationship to be both ways. That wasnt a problem as it was just sex. Im hurt because she actually fell in love with somebody else that she met on that site.

over a year ago

"Im sure you posted along these lines some weeks back ...."

Nope wasnt me

over a year ago

Aaaawww ...... poor you of course it's normal to feel shitty.

I guess that's swinging for you.

You don't think she said it just to get in the last word as it were?

over a year ago

its always hard to end anything in life, but chin up and move on

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I phoned my girlfriend up the other day to say that things havnt been good between us for the last couple of months and that it was over between us. I said I would still (genuinely) still like to be her friend. She then tells me she has been seeing another man for the last two months which was when started to go wring and she is head over heels in love with him. She had cheated on him already with me as we have had sex quite a few times lately. I had hoped things would get better and we'd get through it. My question is, even though i called her to end it, i still feel like shit and really hurt. Is that normal? "

granted there is only one side of the story here..

what do you feel hurt and shit about?

her new relationship and the fact that she has moved on from you?

or that she is'nt in bits over the ending of the relationship perhaps?

bet a pound to a pinch of shit you never told her about being on here..

think you were getting rid and moving on to pastures new, but she has twiced you m8..

shit happens, move on..

dont understand why you asked such a question on here tbh..

over a year ago

Maybe she found out you was on here and called your bluff call it womens intuition x

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

do you feel used ?

over a year ago

"Maybe she found out you was on here and called your bluff call it womens intuition x"

No, she knew i was on here.

over a year ago

"its always hard to end anything in life, but chin up and move on "

Thanks

By *aGaGagging for itCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

You want to be her friend but then can't cope with her finding happiness elsewhere? Perhaps time for a bit of self examination and consider what you mean by wanting to be friends. Do you want to restrict what she does and who she meets? What is your real motive for 'wanting to be friends'?

over a year ago

Maybe she's bluffing .... You were looking elsewhere anyway!!

But in saying that break ups are never pleasant. Chin up, your a big boy and you'll be fine

Post new Message to Thread