Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

letting down the sisterhood

Jump to newest

By *empting Devil. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I'm sorry sisters, I have let you all down and shamed myself - must do penance!

I got a flat tyre in the middle of nowhere and was in the process of changing it but I couldn't loosen the wheel nuts. I even tried bouncing on the lever (tricky in kitten heels and a short skirt!)

So I had to stand by the side of the road and flag down a random man to assist the pathetic girlie

(nb: was on a country lane with no mobile signal, couldn't even ring the recovery peeps)

Have you ever let the gender side down?

What do I need to do to reaffirm my place as a modern independent woman?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"

What do I need to do to reaffirm my place as a modern independent woman? "

do the weeks washing without the use of the washing machine,only a sink, bar of carbolic and a wringer

enjoy xx

ps... I can't change a tyre

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

think you should go buy a shed and fill it with stuff that you never plan on using..

if men can do it, so can us women

failing that start a random home improvement and then finish the job. men never finish what they start

over a year ago

I'd say top marks for even attempting to change it.... most women would just sit in the car, checking their make up until a knight in a shiny 4x4 stopped to help

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I'd say top marks for even attempting to change it.... most women would just sit in the car, checking their make up until a knight in a shiny 4x4 stopped to help "

over a year ago

i pull the usless woman act all the time, people feel sorry for me cause im a single mum and have noone to do the decorating and stuff for me lol, its great, why would i do shit jobs i hate when men will come help a incapable woman

whos the real smart one lol

over a year ago

"I'd say top marks for even attempting to change it.... most women would just sit in the car, checking their make up until a knight in a shiny 4x4 stopped to help "

id have called out the AA actually lol

over a year ago

Sheffield

It was a (male) numpty in a shiny 4by4 that caused it by driving down the middle of the road and not moving so I had to swerve and hit the kerb!

This has happened before ( not being able to undo the wheel nuts) and it's embarrassing!

over a year ago

"I'd say top marks for even attempting to change it.... most women would just sit in the car, checking their make up until a knight in a shiny 4x4 stopped to help

id have called out the AA actually lol "

She had no mobile phone signal

over a year ago

"

This has happened before ( not being able to undo the wheel nuts) and it's embarrassing!"

Bet you've never had trouble fiddling with nuts before, haha

over a year ago

Wishes I lived closer to sheffield lol. I have plenty of tools, axle stands, jack, electric impact gun to loosen wheel nuts, to change the spare,if that dont help, I have a can of Tyre Weld & inflating device, if your car doesnt have a spare, or in my case the spare is already knackered lol.

I must get that fixed.

But Ive never had to use any of them yet!!

Keeps on wishing to rescue a damsel in distress, or just one that dont just tell me to fook off!! lol.

Yes there are plenty of puns left wide open there ladies & gents.

over a year ago

"What do I need to do to reaffirm my place as a modern independent woman? "

....... go and change a tyre for View.

over a year ago

I used to be married and had gone straight from living with my mum to living with the hubby. He did all the DIY and car stuff. When we broke up I had two embarrassing incidents:

1. The light bulb blew in the bedroom. I had to call my friend around who explained about screw tops and bayonets and showed me how to change it.

2. A strange rattling noise was coming from the boot. I called the ex to ask if he could have a look and see what was wrong - seems I hadn't shut the boot properly!!

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

every time I watched sex and the city, and

cougar town, and dawsons creek.....

in fact i'll probably start reading that "50 shades" book soon....

over a year ago

"I'd say top marks for even attempting to change it.... most women would just sit in the car, checking their make up until a knight in a shiny 4x4 stopped to help

It was a (male) numpty in a shiny 4by4 that caused it by driving down the middle of the road and not moving so I had to swerve and hit the kerb!

This has happened before ( not being able to undo the wheel nuts) and it's embarrassing!"

Well you certainly dont seem to having any problems making nuts tighten

over a year ago

"id have called out the AA actually lol

She had no mobile phone signal "

just saying if i had a puncture first thing id do is dial up the AA, id not attempt it. If i didn't have signal i guess i would have tried too if all other avenue's of seeking help failed.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

when I was 15 ish, my mum had a puncture in Auchterarder,

she said to me to get lost cause if anyone sees a big lump like me, they won't stop...

she and my sister stayed at the car...

I went for a fish supper

100% true story

over a year ago

just saying if i had a puncture first thing id do is dial up the AA, id not attempt it. If i didn't have signal i guess i would have tried too if all other avenue's of seeking help failed."

If I had the signal I would phone the AA straight off too, I wouldn't even attempt it myself. That's what I pay membership for. Plus I am crap with cars.

over a year ago

just saying if i had a puncture first thing id do is dial up the AA, id not attempt it. If i didn't have signal i guess i would have tried too if all other avenue's of seeking help failed.

If I had the signal I would phone the AA straight off too, I wouldn't even attempt it myself. That's what I pay membership for. Plus I am crap with cars."

id fuck it up if i tried, would attempt to drive off and the tyre would fall off knowing my luck.. lol

over a year ago

girl

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/07/12 13:02:53]

over a year ago

Cute- Im sure if you tried to change the wheel the engine would fall out lol.

over a year ago

Fabio-

Do you mean like if I watched the film

'Ps I love you' which made me cry alittle, when u find out who had been writing all the letters to his wife.

Yes I know Im a big girls blouse. lol

over a year ago

Sheffield

Note to self: trying to impress the hottie in the sports car by racing him at the lights is neither big nor clever when the steering's f*cked from hitting the kerb and having a doughnut instead of q front tyre

He looked really nervous as.I swerved towards him at speed!

over a year ago

DOH

over a year ago

"think you should go buy a shed and fill it with stuff that you never plan on using..

if men can do it, so can us women

failing that start a random home improvement and then finish the job. men never finish what they start "

thats called a wardrobe for the girls!

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

"when I was 15 ish, my mum had a puncture in Auchterarder,

she said to me to get lost cause if anyone sees a big lump like me, they won't stop...

I went for a fish supper

Lol your mum sure had her head screwed on right there.

100% true story"

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"when I was 15 ish, my mum had a puncture in Auchterarder,

I went for a fish supper

Lol your mum sure had her head screwed on right there.

100% true story"

aye and a great town to puncture in, brilliant chippy

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I play the helpless female all the while so much so im banned from having tools in the house I love it, why would i don something that someone else is happy to do for me. However i do shock them when i actually get off my arse and do something lol

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I'd ordered some wall and floor tiles which the wanker of a delivered driver wouldn't lift of the pallet...bad back allegedly. I knocked on my next door neighbours house and asked if I could borrow his builders to unpack my tiles.

Chris and his four builders unpacked the tiles into the porch whilst I berated the driver. I said good job Tesco drivers don't have the same ethos as I'd have to unpack my own shopping. Lazy barstard did start to help but I told him not to bother.

Had male friends hang my curtains, change light bulbs, put my lawn mower etc together.

Funny how men can't resist a damsel in distress even when said damsel looked as fragile as a rotweiller!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"i pull the usless woman act all the time, people feel sorry for me cause im a single mum and have noone to do the decorating and stuff for me lol, its great, why would i do shit jobs i hate when men will come help a incapable woman

whos the real smart one lol"

Woman after my own heart. Have what looks like the hanging gardens growing out of the guttering. Have a friend coming to clear it, will make him a strong brew and give him a warm smile...my generosity knows no bounds!

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

i love a damsel

over a year ago

Just today actually, a chap from here has been popping round often even though I'm not playing yet... today he hoovered my stairs for me in his underpants and dusted the bannisters

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I used to be married and had gone straight from living with my mum to living with the hubby. He did all the DIY and car stuff. When we broke up I had two embarrassing incidents:

1. The light bulb blew in the bedroom. I had to call my friend around who explained about screw tops and bayonets and showed me how to change it.

2. A strange rattling noise was coming from the boot. I called the ex to ask if he could have a look and see what was wrong - seems I hadn't shut the boot properly!! "

I was 44 when I left my husband and the first time in my life I needed to buy bulbs was when I was 45/46. I had absolutely no clue what screw top or bayonet was. Naturally I bought all bayonet but needed screw tops.

That said, my husband did all the shopping and cooking too, struggled with my first shop, got bored and pissed off and didn't buy half of what I needed.

over a year ago

My ex husband answered the phone to my mother with a squealing baby in his arms, totally harassed as he was also keeping an eye on the roast dinner I had on the go.

My mum was disgusted with me and asked him what the hell was I doing?

He replied, "she's laying a new carpet on the stairs".

over a year ago

you tried at least, top marks for that! ;p

probably an abundance of tips online on how to deal with tricky tire screws you could read up on for future reference .most men would probably just call the aa tbh!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/07/12 15:18:52]

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The garage always screws them back too tight... not your fault at all!

My sister does all that stuff for me and when she can't it's GALMI.

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"I used to be married and had gone straight from living with my mum to living with the hubby. He did all the DIY and car stuff. When we broke up I had two embarrassing incidents:

2. A strange rattling noise was coming from the boot. I called the ex to ask if he could have a look and see what was wrong - seems I hadn't shut the boot properly!! "

Got to admit, this little tale really did make me laugh, thanks for sharing that embarressing little tale...

over a year ago

Concrete Jungle Eh, Lickedy lol.

By *kmale421Man
over a year ago

wirral

"My ex husband answered the phone to my mother with a squealing baby in his arms, totally harassed as he was also keeping an eye on the roast dinner I had on the go.

My mum was disgusted with me and asked him what the hell was I doing?

He replied, "she's laying a new carpet on the stairs". "

Loved this little tale too...

By *john121Man
over a year ago

staffs

" I'm sorry sisters, I have let you all down and shamed myself - must do penance!

I got a flat tyre in the middle of nowhere and was in the process of changing it but I couldn't loosen the wheel nuts. I even tried bouncing on the lever (tricky in kitten heels and a short skirt!)

So I had to stand by the side of the road and flag down a random man to assist the pathetic girlie

(nb: was on a country lane with no mobile signal, couldn't even ring the recovery peeps)

Grow some balls! Or start lifting weights! lol

Or an extendable pipe that will fit over the wrench so making it easier to slacken the wheel nuts due to the force required with leverage principles.

over a year ago

Sheffield

" I'm sorry sisters, I have let you all down and shamed myself - must do penance!

What do I need to do to reaffirm my place as a modern independent woman?

Grow some balls! Or start lifting weights! lol

Or an extendable pipe that will fit over the wrench so making it easier to slacken the wheel nuts due to the force required with leverage principles.

"

You didn't see me bouncing on the wheel brace in kitten heels and a little summer dress!

Have got a longer wheel brace on order...

over a year ago

"

/palmface

over a year ago

Got run flats on my car.

over a year ago

I don't think it's a male/ female issue. We can't be experts at everything, why feel bad if we can't do something?

I'd call the AA if I had a flat tyre. I'd call a plumber if a tap was leaking. However I do my own wall papering and I can cook a mean roast chicken. I also mow the lawn and can change the fuse in plugs.

over a year ago

"Got run flats on my car. "

Me too, Hi5 sister!

over a year ago

to be fair they'd have been put on with an air gun...I know how to change a wheel, but I know I'd struggle to get the wheel bolts off so would probably ring roadside to save me from injuring myself! x

over a year ago

I'm a dirty tyre fitter with a mobile van, shame I was not closer, would of loved to play with your undercarriage lol

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Think its is commonly referred to as "business sense" or "making the most of your assets" - nothing wrong with it - no penance required

over a year ago

" "making the most of your assets" - nothing wrong with it - no penance required "

She did use her assets.

Show a bit of leg and it goes a long way.

over a year ago

and its nay nay never, nay never no more, will I hail the white rover, .....

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I admit Im awful, I understand engines and can figure out what is up (9 times out of 10) as my dad was a mechanic, but I have no idea how to change a tyre I can do diy etc ( a hammer helpps a lot ) but I cant bake a cake or even boil rice without burning it. Im an awful domestic goddess and an awful modern woman

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

The whole sisterhood thing is shite so no worries

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

"i pull the usless woman act all the time, people feel sorry for me cause im a single mum and have noone to do the decorating and stuff for me lol, its great, why would i do shit jobs i hate when men will come help a incapable woman

whos the real smart one lol"

Tumble. Kind of makes you rethink about helping anyone that. Saddening.

Post new Message to Thread