Jump to newest

By *inky_couple2020 OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

That got your attention

BBC News - Lily Allen: 'Women masturbating in a relationship isn't wrong'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-54712504

Discuss.

I'd like to disagree with the comment about people getting more reserved as they get older. I'm around the same age as Ms Allen, but my friends and I would disagree with masturbation being taboo for women nowadays. We've become more open as we've got older.....

Open to the floor

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I’ve just zipped up the little fella for the day

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I think it's still quite taboo and it might be because I'm prudish but I don't really want to hear about Arabella fucking herself with her hairbrush and some organic coconut oil as I'm enjoying my caramelatte extra foam. Yes, women should enjoy self love - that's healthy and important for everyone regardless of gender/how they identify but I don't think we need to hear the ins and outs of everyone's sex life.

I do think in our personal relationships it's something we should be more comfortable with discussing and I don't think the stigma around it (re not being fulfilled sexually because you fancy a wank after a good fuck) are fair or accurate. Masturbation on the whole is seen as this inherently private thing and often poked fun at in the media and whilst I don't think we should have too much openness surrounding it, more acceptance is never a bad thing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Both in private and mutual version i approve

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You're young OP. It's different for my generation *leans on zimmer thoughtfully*

I think it depends on your friendship circle. I'm sure some women chat about wanking but I'm the same as Meli in that I don't want or need to chat about that stuff with randoms. I'd possibly discuss it with a sex partner but only for wank chat. I am perfectly capable of having a wank if I want to. Can't see the point in telling my pals over a kit kat. But then I don't discuss the rest of my sex life with anyone else either. In 'real life' I stay well away from the type of people who want to discuss their sex life.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I don't see that it's an issue for women in particular. There are only some men I would talk to about masturbation. I'm very grateful nobody at work has ever come in and said "I had a fantastic wank with my Fleshlight last night" even though I don't think masturbation is in any way shameful.

It strikes me that some people are happy talking about it with certain people and others aren't. I haven't seen anything that makes me think it's worse for a particular age group or gender. Luke

By *inky_couple2020 OP   Couple
over a year ago

North West

To be clear, my friends and I don't discuss masturbating, but none of us think it's taboo to do it. That's the point of my OP, not that we should all be chatting about it over tea and biscuits.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I have some friends that I'd happily discuss it with, and some that I wouldn't - I wouldn't say age has altered that, I've always been very open with people that I trust, and I've always been happy to discuss anything regarding sex with boyfriends/partners.

Post new Message to Thread