FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

With less people going abroad now, have you considered having a holiday in the UK

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Or have you?

If so where?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We have done. Just a couple of nights away twice And only locally but it's been really nice and just what we needed.

over a year ago

I had it last month. Dorset beach, one week in the hotel by the seaside. Was amazing.

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Stockport

Beaumaris a few weeks ago, beautiful.

over a year ago

"I had it last month. Dorset beach, one week in the hotel by the seaside. Was amazing."

It is lovely down there

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

No, it's harder to plan a holiday abroad yes but what we look for in a holiday we simply can't get here in the U.K so I continue to monitor our options abroad.

over a year ago

"Beaumaris a few weeks ago, beautiful."

Nice by the castle. Looks like a postcard.

over a year ago

"No, it's harder to plan a holiday abroad yes but what we look for in a holiday we simply can't get here in the U.K so I continue to monitor our options abroad."

I'm intrigued what you look for now

By *olarbear73Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I have done, been to London, The Borders and The Kingdom of Fife. All fantastic destinations for a 2020 staycation.

over a year ago

"No, it's harder to plan a holiday abroad yes but what we look for in a holiday we simply can't get here in the U.K so I continue to monitor our options abroad.

I'm intrigued what you look for now "

Sunshine I guess

over a year ago

What do you lot like to do during holiday?

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

"No, it's harder to plan a holiday abroad yes but what we look for in a holiday we simply can't get here in the U.K so I continue to monitor our options abroad.

I'm intrigued what you look for now "

This year was supposed to have snorkelling and parasailing off the florida keys and jungle treking/rafting, with elephant sanctuary volunteering at Christmas

We did manage a trip into a volcano in the summer (smells chuffing awful btw) and parasailing off the Greek islands in the summer but it's looking like luminescence beach and sea planes in the Maldives at Christmas now and the jungle & effilumps next year

over a year ago

I’ve been to quite a few different places over here this year and actually really enjoyed it. Whenever I go away I always go abroad but I’m going to spend more time over here in future I think

over a year ago

I did Cornwall and then the Yorkshire coast. Still hoping to go abroad April

over a year ago

I'm intrigued what you look for now

This year was supposed to have snorkelling and parasailing off the florida keys and jungle treking/rafting, with elephant sanctuary volunteering at Christmas

We did manage a trip into a volcano in the summer (smells chuffing awful btw) and parasailing off the Greek islands in the summer but it's looking like luminescence beach and sea planes in the Maldives at Christmas now and the jungle & effilumps next year "

Nice sounds like a busy holiday. I like to take things more easy.

Some good ideas there though.

By *ixieandfairyCouple
over a year ago

St Helier

We had a few little staycations in our beautiful Jersey, it’s been a fabulous summer! Lots of swimming and a little kayaking, we’re lucky to live in such a gorgeous place! Having said that, we have missed travelling this year.

over a year ago

"I’ve been to quite a few different places over here this year and actually really enjoyed it. Whenever I go away I always go abroad but I’m going to spend more time over here in future I think "

To be honest when the weather is good I rather stay here and drive to wherever I want to go by a beach and just chill for awhile

By *lipy123TV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

I still love holidaying in uk only used to go abroad for a week every one or 2 years. Had a week on the south coast weather was good and the ale

By *G999Man
over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

Oh yes, lots of cool places close by...

Taking a trip up to Bolton Abbey in a couple of weeks.. get myself tucked up in the Devonshire Arms for a few days..beautiful walks, great food, spa, gym, whiskey.

I can't wait!!

over a year ago

Please don't come to Cornwall other than in July and August.

over a year ago

Had a brilliant 10 day's on Yorkshire coast in August,

I've got a week on mid Wales at Easter rebooked from last year fingers crossed and hopefully Yorkshire coast again end of May and Bets y coed in August,

Not even considering abroad for a couple of year's

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

I've pretty much always gone on holiday in the UK. For the last couple of years (before all this virus) I've seen the price rise and availability of UK holiday accommodation drop. Especially in the school holidays. Which has made places like North Wales start to just become too dam unaffordable for holidays with the kids. I'm sure the virus will be a disaster for UK holiday plans next year as all of a sudden everyone (who normally forsakes the UK holiday industry) wants to stay in the UK and price the rest of us regulars out.

I've already had strong words with one UK holiday park who cancelled my booking this year and then when I tried to rebook with the credit on my account said it would be double the price next year. Effectively seeing me pay again on top of what I already paid for the same holiday they cancelled. I said that was totally out of order. In the end I got through to someone in head office that agreed with me and rebooked us for next year at the cost of the credit remaining from the cancelled holiday. Not that I would have minded a reasonable increase reflecting inflation etc, but double was a total piss take.

I'm really not looking forward to next years holiday season. I refuse to pay over inflated prices or want to go anywhere thats so busy you can't enjoy it. So I'm going to have to get creative (or start taking holidays overseas).

over a year ago

"Please don't come to Cornwall other than in July and August. "

Ah, gets very busy down there

over a year ago

"I've pretty much always gone on holiday in the UK. For the last couple of years (before all this virus) I've seen the price rise and availability of UK holiday accommodation drop. Especially in the school holidays. Which has made places like North Wales start to just become too dam unaffordable for holidays with the kids. I'm sure the virus will be a disaster for UK holiday plans next year as all of a sudden everyone (who normally forsakes the UK holiday industry) wants to stay in the UK and price the rest of us regulars out.

I've already had strong words with one UK holiday park who cancelled my booking this year and then when I tried to rebook with the credit on my account said it would be double the price next year. Effectively seeing me pay again on top of what I already paid for the same holiday they cancelled. I said that was totally out of order. In the end I got through to someone in head office that agreed with me and rebooked us for next year at the cost of the credit remaining from the cancelled holiday. Not that I would have minded a reasonable increase reflecting inflation etc, but double was a total piss take.

I'm really not looking forward to next years holiday season. I refuse to pay over inflated prices or want to go anywhere thats so busy you can't enjoy it. So I'm going to have to get creative (or start taking holidays overseas)."

That was out of order

over a year ago

I went abroad this year and the plane was nearly empty. It was great, everyone got a row of seats each. Booked to go again, hopefully the plane will be just as quiet.

over a year ago

Next year seaside towns are going to be mental. This year they looked extremely busy considering the virus. I was working in one seaside town and I couldn't get a room anywhere, I couldn't even find anywhere open to have a shower.. So I ended up buying some shower gell, bathing in the sea and sleeping in the van lol.

over a year ago

Nope defo have to go abroad for a holiday. Wots point of goin on holiday in England at moment when all it does is rain

over a year ago

"Please don't come to Cornwall other than in July and August.

Ah, gets very busy down there "

Its not just that it is too busy. Cornwall infrastructure can't cope. Lack of hospital beds and medical cover, possible water shortage exacerbated by summer influx, Supermarkets overcrowded, flora and fauna need time to recover after the summer. etc etc.. Cornwall economy relies on summer visitors not all year round. And don't get me started on the price (high) of property relative to the (low) average.

over a year ago

Love exploring our country so much to see, last year walked Hadrian's Wall, next year hoping to walk Offa's Dyke.

over a year ago

I dont do holidays in normal times i saved my days off for other things theres only 1 person capable of getting me on a plane

over a year ago

Its not just that it is too busy. Cornwall infrastructure can't cope. Lack of hospital beds and medical cover, possible water shortage exacerbated by summer influx, Supermarkets overcrowded, flora and fauna need time to recover after the summer. etc etc.. Cornwall economy relies on summer visitors not all year round. And don't get me started on the price (high) of property relative to the (low) average. "

Doom and gloom! Cornwall is absolutely lush and I would say to people never come in July and August as the rest of the year is awesome! The summer is dire but us locals know simply the best places to go ...

over a year ago

Personally though I completely live the UK and always have and always will live exploring it ... feel that covid has ruined the peace and beauty of it. Can't wait until the masses can go back abroad for their holidays!

over a year ago

"Personally though I completely live the UK and always have and always will live exploring it ... feel that covid has ruined the peace and beauty of it. Can't wait until the masses can go back abroad for their holidays! "

Love* not live

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

There’s hundreds of places in the UK to explore , Peak District, Northumberland, Yorkshire dales, Wales, Scotland , the south west , loads of nice towns and villages. We do this anyway but as for holidays abroad we are considering spending much longer abroad at a time living and working from a rental rather than rushing around for a week and coming back to a huge inbox

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Going abroad is a treat. Holidaying in the UK is our norm, it’s a great country and so many places to explore

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Its not just that it is too busy. Cornwall infrastructure can't cope. Lack of hospital beds and medical cover, possible water shortage exacerbated by summer influx, Supermarkets overcrowded, flora and fauna need time to recover after the summer. etc etc.. Cornwall economy relies on summer visitors not all year round. And don't get me started on the price (high) of property relative to the (low) average.

Doom and gloom! Cornwall is absolutely lush and I would say to people never come in July and August as the rest of the year is awesome! The summer is dire but us locals know simply the best places to go ... "

I love it the middle of winter , best time of the year to visit the SW. even for surf October onwards is much better swells than July/Aug, the sea has warmed up too and all the body boarders gone home

over a year ago

Doom and gloom! Cornwall is absolutely lush and I would say to people never come in July and August as the rest of the year is awesome! The summer is dire but us locals know simply the best places to go ...

I love it the middle of winter , best time of the year to visit the SW. even for surf October onwards is much better swells than July/Aug, the sea has warmed up too and all the body boarders gone home "

Omg soooooo right we surf from September to Easter then stop and leave to the tourists unless it's exceptional conditions

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"Beaumaris a few weeks ago, beautiful.

Nice by the castle. Looks like a postcard. "

You can thank Edward The first for that along with a few others a beautiful area when the weathers right.

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Center Parcs is great any time of year

over a year ago

I live in North Wales, why would i go anywhere else

over a year ago

Only ever go on holiday in the UK. Haven't bothered this year as the prices are over inflated.

over a year ago

"Center Parcs is over priced any time of year"

By *ifty69Man
over a year ago

north tyneside

No it’s too fucking expensive

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

You make it sound like it's a bad thing to even consider going on holiday in this country OP .

Sure we all love our holidays abroad with guaranteed sun and relaxing days, but this year has been a mine field for airline travel and holiday plans.

There are some great places to discover on our very doorstep sometimes or even when allowed, travel to some far flung destination here on the UK mainland.

Don't be so negative as a break in the UK is not to be sniffed at.

over a year ago

I’ve been Southampton

But I’ve never been to Scunthorpe

By *amie HantsWoman
over a year ago

Atlantis

"I’ve been Southampton

But I’ve never been to Scunthorpe "

I’m fucking crazy with the kicks, call me Jean-Claude