Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who ....

Jump to newest

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

inspires you to... change things in your life? Who is/ was your role model when you grew up?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My grandfather

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"My grandfather"
Can you share in which way? I am interested but please dont feel you have to if you dont want to ...

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

My best friend's family, we've been in each others lives since we were bumps in our mothers stomachs. I didn't have a happy childhood but they taught me what love is. And how a family works and that I could be anything I wanted to be. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them

over a year ago

He was traumatised after the war, would never talk of of it. It was not until my brother he would open up to us at the top of the garden. Would get all his old navy kit out and let us play with it. Said he would rather we enjoyed as he did not.

He taught us to drive in his back garden, how to rebuild engines and cars. How to fix or make things rather than buy them. He taught us how to be gentlemen, how to respect others. He would take me to a Grand Prix every year for my birthday, he would save all year for it. At the German Grand Prix I would watch him talk the the germans about the war. He was sad not angry ...... we could all learn a lot from his in these strange days.

Does that answer your question ?

By *yrdsisWoman
over a year ago

Gleam Street

Nana was my inspiration and role model... 18 years after she went, she's still my life and my guide.

over a year ago

Unfortunately I didn't have any positive role models growing up, However I have a love of my life now and he inspires me in every way.

over a year ago

Nobody..I ve never really trusted people..I ve always made my own way and learned whether right or wrong by my actions.

over a year ago

I was lucky enough for my work to find me a mentor

Who works for a law company in New York, he has had a huge impact on me

He never judges or tells me a certain way is better etc but had me see things in a different way

That has given me the confidence to take responsibility for every other element of how I choose to live

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Ah shit, I thought this gonna be about Roger Daltrey

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"He was traumatised after the war, would never talk of of it. It was not until my brother he would open up to us at the top of the garden. Would get all his old navy kit out and let us play with it. Said he would rather we enjoyed as he did not.

He taught us to drive in his back garden, how to rebuild engines and cars. How to fix or make things rather than buy them. He taught us how to be gentlemen, how to respect others. He would take me to a Grand Prix every year for my birthday, he would save all year for it. At the German Grand Prix I would watch him talk the the germans about the war. He was sad not angry ...... we could all learn a lot from his in these strange days.

Does that answer your question ?"

Yes, thank you - it more than answers it. He sounds like an amazing man and role model.

over a year ago

I have inspiration from someone inspiring to me

over a year ago

Cobra from the Gladiators

over a year ago

My dad i just didn't realise till he died. Wish I'd of told him he was ??

over a year ago

"He was traumatised after the war, would never talk of of it. It was not until my brother he would open up to us at the top of the garden. Would get all his old navy kit out and let us play with it. Said he would rather we enjoyed as he did not.

Does that answer your question ?Yes, thank you - it more than answers it. He sounds like an amazing man and role model."

He was, and I still miss him terribly x

By *oom Bang a BangMan
over a year ago

Watford

Cary Grant.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"My dad i just didn't realise till he died. Wish I'd of told him he was ??"
I can so understand where you are coming from. He probably knew though. I am talking from a parent perspective - even if my kids have a fall out with me... I know that underneath they do love and respect me. Parents just know....

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Unfortunately I didn't have any positive role models growing up, However I have a love of my life now and he inspires me in every way. "
That sounds really, really lovely.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My grandfather. Didn't get a proper education, learned as an adult. Succeeded far beyond what anyone could have hoped for him without any of the supports my parents' generation or younger took/take for granted.

Believed in me when no one else did. My rock in an incredibly difficult childhood, the reason I didn't shatter entirely. Showed me unconditional love when no one else did.

over a year ago

Popeye

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"inspires you to... change things in your life? Who is/ was your role model when you grew up?"

Nobody. I changed my life around all by myself.

over a year ago

"inspires you to... change things in your life? Who is/ was your role model when you grew up?

Nobody. I changed my life around all by myself."

I appreciate you ~ DJ Khaled

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

My Aunt was my role model - she was every inch a well spoken, educated lady

over a year ago

My parents in a way

They taught me how to be everything they are not!

over a year ago

"My parents in a way

They taught me how to be everything they are not! "

That's how I taught my kids.. bastards didn't listen when I told them not to do something

over a year ago

"My Aunt was my role model - she was every inch a well spoken, educated lady"

Was she a cougar too?

over a year ago

It was only ever me and my mum, she was and is my inspiration to be a good person. Nowadays to change, I'll find inspiration from quotes people say, achievements they've made, lyrics from songs, characters in movies, anywhere and everywhere. Any old thing could trigger self reflection with me and thus inspire some form of change, not always for the better though.

This thread inspired me to think of this

https://youtu.be/eXtFTWvP_kI

over a year ago

The guy who sang the song ' I'm sexy and I know it'

over a year ago

"My Aunt was my role model - she was every inch a well spoken, educated lady

Was she a cougar too? "

She was an ailf.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"The guy who sang the song ' I'm sexy and I know it'"

. Good for you.x

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

John F. Kennedy.

over a year ago

I’ve had a number of people who have inspired me throughout my life. My parents, grandparents, certain teachers, University tutors, managers, colleagues, people I bump into during my work and home life, more and more. There have been a number of people who have inspired me during the pandemic to reinvent what I do.

Post new Message to Thread