Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes we've bee ghosted.. Al the time. No biggy, block and move on

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Not completely. They seem to reappear months down the line.

over a year ago

Do you mean actual ghosting or fab ghosting?

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

No

over a year ago

Yes, but they always resurface about 6 months later

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

No

over a year ago

Define ghosting

over a year ago

"Not completely. They seem to reappear months down the line. "

Yep, and then I ghost them.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Do you mean actual ghosting or fab ghosting? "

What’s fab ghosting?

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Or have you in fact ghosted someone?

What are your thoughts about either?"

Yes, we have. It pissed me iff because when you have kids, arranging a meet takes a huge amount of effort.

It's shitty, disrespectful, rude and childish.

over a year ago

Yup and it’s the shittiest thing someone can do. Much better to say I’ve changed my mind your not for me rather than ignore correspondence

over a year ago

"Define ghosting "

Where they just stop responding to any messages whatsoever. Or even sending them in the first place.

over a year ago

Yes. I just take it as the site says. No reply not interested

over a year ago

"Define ghosting

Where they just stop responding to any messages whatsoever. Or even sending them in the first place."

Do they ever send messages in the first place lol

over a year ago

"Define ghosting

Where they just stop responding to any messages whatsoever. Or even sending them in the first place."

I thought ghosting was arranging a meet and just not going then disappearing with no explanation

By *oson-BlueCouple
over a year ago

North Kent

Yes, just before Christmas last year. Supposed to have met at a local pub, we texted and messaged on here on the day of the meet, nothing. We went to the pub at the arranged time anyway but he didn't show. Annoying yes, but we came home and had our own fun.

over a year ago

"Define ghosting "

If you put ‘ghosting‘ in the forum search bar, there’s endless threads on ghosting, it’s a Fab favourite, people can’t get enough.

By *eavertrackerMan
over a year ago

bridgwater

I probably have one of the worse experiences of being ghosted

over a year ago

"Define ghosting

Where they just stop responding to any messages whatsoever. Or even sending them in the first place.

I thought ghosting was arranging a meet and just not going then disappearing with no explanation "

Ghosting is cutting all contact out of the blue with no explanation, happens everywhere, not just fab.

over a year ago

"I probably have one of the worse experiences of being ghosted "

Is that a ply to get a full inbox

By *olex99Man
over a year ago

Hull

Yeah it was horrible. I honestly believed in her. The worst thing was how long it took before she let me drop.

over a year ago

No I've never been ghosted But sometimes unfortunately I've had to, when guys just won't accept No for an answer or if they became abusive.

By *eavertrackerMan
over a year ago

bridgwater

"I probably have one of the worse experiences of being ghosted

Is that a ply to get a full inbox "

No, basically what happened was, I got to know said individual, we chatted every night on the phone for around 8 weeks, during this time her father passed away and I was there for at every moment, I was even the first individual she spoke to after the funeral,..we agreed to meet and I spent 3 nights and days at her hours,..two days after this she completely ghosted me with no explanation

over a year ago

You can’t be ghosted on fab. If someone stops responding before a meet that’s them simply changing their mind.

To be truly ghosted you need to have at least met the person or at the very least communication would need to have been frequent and a meet being arranged. Then without any explanation the person just stops responding.

It’s when you believe things are going well and then it just stops sudden.

Someone not answering a few messages that you’ve exchanged on here is not ghosting, that’s just someone changing their mind.

over a year ago

"Do you mean actual ghosting or fab ghosting?

What’s fab ghosting?"

Stopping messaging for no apparent reason?

over a year ago

"Do you mean actual ghosting or fab ghosting?

What’s fab ghosting?

Stopping messaging for no apparent reason? "

Or meet then no contact after?

By *lovebustyladiesMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

The problem with this site that this is like a box of chocolates your never know what your going to get out, men and women are always looking for the next best thing and maybe actually had a connection with someone they have ditched them to get the better candy failed then tried to then worm there way back with the previous chat buddy, you find you chat with somebody constant for say 48 hours then all of a sudden it stops and they won’t reply to your messages

over a year ago

"You can’t be ghosted on fab. If someone stops responding before a meet that’s them simply changing their mind.

To be truly ghosted you need to have at least met the person or at the very least communication would need to have been frequent and a meet being arranged. Then without any explanation the person just stops responding.

Someone not answering a few messages that you’ve exchanged on here is not ghosting, that’s just someone changing their mind. "

Precisely ^^^ not ghosting

over a year ago

No I haven't and it is not the kind of thing that I would do...

I'd have the balls to tell them that I dont wish to see them again

over a year ago

Real ghosting is shit. It’s cowardice behaviour.

over a year ago

"You can’t be ghosted on fab. If someone stops responding before a meet that’s them simply changing their mind.

Someone not answering a few messages that you’ve exchanged on here is not ghosting, that’s just someone changing their mind. "

I understand the difference. But also didn’t properly explain the definition. So yeah, what are your thoughts on someone just all of a sudden blanking you. Even if you have met etc and not responding or messaging etc?

And obviously I’m not talking about meeting during Covid.

over a year ago

You can be ghosted on fab. I socialled with someone twice. Put plans in order for a full meet (ie arrangements for family work etc) He was pushing for it. We chatted that week he asked me to send him some pics on the Friday night. We were meant to be having the meet on the following Tuesday. Then zero. Nothing. That’s ghosting in my opinion it’s not a chat and no reply. I had already given up two afternoons to spend time with him and I had arranged my off duty to spend the day with him

over a year ago

Way to many times

over a year ago

Is this a trick question?

over a year ago

Someone not answering a few messages that you’ve exchanged on here is not ghosting, that’s just someone changing their mind.

I understand the difference. But also didn’t properly explain the definition. So yeah, what are your thoughts on someone just all of a sudden blanking you. Even if you have met etc and not responding or messaging etc?

And obviously I’m not talking about meeting during Covid. "

I think it’s a shit thing to do to someone.

If you’ve met and you’re not feeling it you should at least tell the person.

1) it gets rid of the hope they have of seeing them again so they can draw a line under it.

2) it would stop them blaming themselves and thinking they did something wrong

3) they can start getting over it if the person bluntly tells them that they aren’t interested and doesn’t want to meet again.

I feel like a lot of people who ghost, do so because they don’t want to be nasty or don’t want the person to think they’re bad people but it shouldn’t matter what the person thinks of them cos they’re not interested anyway.

A lot of this stuff is in my book!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We've been ghosted a few times on fab and other swinging sites after socials and an agreement to take things further. It does leave unanswered questions but the bottom line is they either decided they didn't want to meet after all or they had no intention of meeting in the first place.

over a year ago

Nope. I would do it in a heartbeat if necessary though. No regrets.

over a year ago

You can be ghosted on fab. I socialled with someone twice. Put plans in order for a full meet (ie arrangements for family work etc) He was pushing for it. We chatted that week he asked me to send him some pics on the Friday night. We were meant to be having the meet on the following Tuesday. Then zero. Nothing. That’s ghosting in my opinion it’s not a chat and no reply. I had already given up two afternoons to spend time with him and I had arranged my off duty to spend the day with him "

You had a social twice? That’s meeting them in person then so yeah that’s ghosting.

A lot of people just assume that if someone doesn’t answer a second or third message they’ve exchanged on here that equates to ghosting. Which it does not.

over a year ago

1) it gets rid of the hope they have of seeing them again so they can draw a line under it.

3) they can start getting over it if the person bluntly tells them that they aren’t interested and doesn’t want to meet again.

I feel like a lot of people who ghost, do so because they don’t want to be nasty or don’t want the person to think they’re bad people but it shouldn’t matter what the person thinks of them cos they’re not interested anyway.

A lot of this stuff is in my book!"

Can I get a signed copy please?

Preferably with a boob imprint over the foreword

over a year ago

Preferably with a boob imprint over the foreword "

Yeah. If you buy it I’ll sign it

over a year ago

Preferably with a boob imprint over the foreword

Yeah. If you buy it I’ll sign it "

Deal

over a year ago

No not that i know of

over a year ago

We set dates times and got hotel rooms only to get ghosted. It's annoying.

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Yes i have, several times in life.

, including so called best friends.

Even ghosted by genuine people on fab, before the meet!

As a result, i care little about being ghosted and I've ghosted women too.

over a year ago

"I probably have one of the worse experiences of being ghosted

Is that a ply to get a full inbox

No, basically what happened was, I got to know said individual, we chatted every night on the phone for around 8 weeks, during this time her father passed away and I was there for at every moment, I was even the first individual she spoke to after the funeral,..we agreed to meet and I spent 3 nights and days at her hours,..two days after this she completely ghosted me with no explanation "

A little strange... Obviously something she saw in you or something you did that hit the cooler button...

Anyway your Status... Yep a banana first thing every single morning for me

over a year ago

Twice. The worst was the guy I'd had a three year relationship with. One day he was talking about wedding plans and the next he had just completely disappeared off the face of the earth. To this day I struggle with it and it's really hard to trust anyone again.

Pre-covid, I met a guy and we really seemed to hit it off. We met about 7 or 8 times over a couple of months and I thought we were getting along really well. We had another meet planned and the of, I went to send him a message and found I had just been blocked with no explanation. That hurt a bit too.

over a year ago

Yeah been ghosted on here and off dating apps.

Love it when they get back in contact after a couple of months ....blocking them makes me feel so much better after informing they already had a chance

over a year ago

Yup, I have been. It's pretty crappy. Worse when they lay low before appearing again

over a year ago

Yep... I don't care enough for it to worry me too much, just a bit annoying is all. People probably think I am ghosting them as I don't always go into my inbox when online so can be weeks before I reply to anybody

By *oxyvixen99Woman
over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Yep

over a year ago

Yes.. was in a 9m relationship. Met my family swapped xmas birthday valentines. Went out one saturday night to chameleons ..as we did regularly .. by thursday was ghosted..

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/10/20 13:48:05]

By *it-of-AlrightMan
over a year ago

South west

All the time! Lol it's a gift I think lol

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I've been ignored by those i thought were good friends. Does that count?

over a year ago

It depends on what you mean by ghosted. Sometimes the conversation just fizzles out. I always try to send a follow up message a week after just incase they were busy.

over a year ago

Yes often

Just happened earlier

Swapped messages

Asked for call

After couple of minutes hung up and either deleted profile or blocked me

Their loss

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

Yes quite to often for my liking.

By *ed_Rocket.Man
over a year ago

Near by

More times than I can remember makes me think there is something wrong with me tbh it's a pure confidence killer

over a year ago

I get ghosted quite often, I just assume that was the end of the conversation and leave them in peace

over a year ago

Sadly yes and it’s incredibly shitty when someone does it.

Communicate even if just to say this isn’t for me or it’s not working

By *yronMan
over a year ago

grangemouth

Yeah, a few times. First was at Uni, someone I thought was a good friend ignored me and acted like he'd never met me. But he would then talk to me when no-one else was about. Made for a pretty lonely time in my life.

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

"Not completely. They seem to reappear months down the line. "

This

Went with it for long enough before deciding I was worth better than that and blocking him

over a year ago

I have never ghosted anyone, But many have ghosted me . and it hurts pushes me more into depression....

By *ostonJoeMan
over a year ago

Boston

Who you gonna call?

By *yronMan
over a year ago

grangemouth

"Not completely. They seem to reappear months down the line.

This

Went with it for long enough before deciding I was worth better than that and blocking him "

Wish I had, instead I wasted a lot of time over someone who wasn't worth it.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I ghost people. I have a serious mental health condition and sometimes just disappear of the face of the planet

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

"Or have you in fact ghosted someone?

What are your thoughts about either?"

Yes

By *nblemishedhotwifeCouple
over a year ago

Stourport

Yes more times than we care to remember. Guy's shoot there load at the thought of meeting a couple and shit it.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Yea ghosted someone. Threw a white blanket over my head with 2 eye holes cut out and started making *whooooo* noises.

over a year ago

Was ghosted here once...

Lots of messages, mutual interest, social, more messages, all quite provocative then suddenly ... ghosted. It actually hurt.

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan
over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

Lots of times, on here, Pof, Tinder, and in the real world.

Their loss

over a year ago

Ye then came back

over a year ago

I’ve been zombied a few times......

That’s when someone ghosts you and then contacts you 6 months to a year later... like nothing ever happened.....

First one was a married lady who lived around the corner from me... She would text me whenever she was walking her dog and meet me for car sex.... One night she texted to meet up , I get in my car and wait for her... for 30 minutes no contact... I leave... I figured her husband found out....

1 year later , I get a text .... Hey what’s up , you want to meet ? I replied with the classic “ Who is this “ lol

Second time I got ghosted... Was a single female I met on Instagram.... We hung out 3 times, sex was good everything was cool... She texted me on a Sunday night to hangout... I went out bought groceries , wine , cleaned up my apartment and shaved my balls....

Nothing... no text or phone call.....

2 years later I get a text... “ Hey sorry about last time , I started falling for you “

I replied no worries, I’m married with a kid on the way .....

Last one was the worst.... Young couple, 21 year old male , 19 year old female... I was their first bull and I thought it was great... they invited me over a second time because they had a female friend with them.... I get dressed, shave my balls and get in the car... I drive in traffic, and get to their house... text them I’m here... no response... I waited 1 hour... just because I didn’t want to drive home in traffic and I could possibly fuck 2 teenage girls... nothing, so I go home....

I get a text 8 months later “ Sorry about last time , we had a fight “ I responded “ Sorry, I don’t need sex that bad , fuck off “

They still text me almost every weekend begging me to come over ... they even offered me money and to send a Uber.....

over a year ago

No

By *urora1912Woman
over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

Yes I have a couple of times.

And also at the moment starting to feel like it's me and something I do lol

over a year ago

"I’ve been zombied a few times......

That’s when someone ghosts you and then contacts you 6 months to a year later... like nothing ever happened.....

First one was a married lady who lived around the corner from me... She would text me whenever she was walking her dog and meet me for car sex.... One night she texted to meet up , I get in my car and wait for her... for 30 minutes no contact... I leave... I figured her husband found out....

1 year later , I get a text .... Hey what’s up , you want to meet ? I replied with the classic “ Who is this “ lol

Second time I got ghosted... Was a single female I met on Instagram.... We hung out 3 times, sex was good everything was cool... She texted me on a Sunday night to hangout... I went out bought groceries , wine , cleaned up my apartment and shaved my balls....

2 years later I get a text... “ Hey sorry about last time , I started falling for you “

Last one was the worst.... Young couple, 21 year old male , 19 year old female... I was their first bull and I thought it was great... they invited me over a second time because they had a female friend with them.... I get dressed, shave my balls and get in the car... I drive in traffic, and get to their house... text them I’m here... no response... I waited 1 hour... just because I didn’t want to drive home in traffic and I could possibly fuck 2 teenage girls... nothing, so I go home....

I get a text 8 months later “ Sorry about last time , we had a fight “ I responded “ Sorry, I don’t need sex that bad , fuck off “

They still text me almost every weekend begging me to come over ... they even offered me money and to send a Uber....."

Its the preparatory shaving that puts the nail in the coffin. Ive been smooth so often all for nothing

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

The joys of being a single male using regialr dating sites and fab.

Something you tend to get used to after a while.

Wouldn't take it personal just one of those things....

over a year ago

"I’ve been zombied a few times......

They still text me almost every weekend begging me to come over ... they even offered me money and to send a Uber.....

Its the preparatory shaving that puts the nail in the coffin. Ive been smooth so often all for nothing"

I feel your pain..... that’s why I love my long term couples... I can just show up and do my showering/grooming at their place.....

over a year ago

Currently being ghosted.

Dude practically harrassed me to get a date, I agree, we talk on kik for a week, have an hour phone chat, then silence since 3 days before we were due to me

over a year ago

"Currently being ghosted.

Dude practically harrassed me to get a date, I agree, we talk on kik for a week, have an hour phone chat, then silence since 3 days before we were due to me "

Meet*

over a year ago

Erm.......like loads. Should call this site how to get someone excited then do one.

over a year ago

Dude practically harrassed me to get a date, I agree, we talk on kik for a week, have an hour phone chat, then silence since 3 days before we were due to me

Meet*"

Trust me , he will rise from the dead next week and try to reschedule another date... But in the meantime before the next date , he will want to chat on kik and the phone until he does the same thing again....

Wash , rinse , repeat....

over a year ago

Meet*"

Can’t believe anyone would ghost you, what an idiot.

over a year ago

Meet*

Trust me , he will rise from the dead next week and try to reschedule another date... But in the meantime before the next date , he will want to chat on kik and the phone until he does the same thing again....

Wash , rinse , repeat...."

Yeh but I am not a mug, 1 shot and you are out, unless given a genuine reason with notice

By *Jones19Man
over a year ago

Evesham, Worcester, Pershore

Yeah. Comes part and parcel with messaging and social media I find. Just gotta get on with it and say its their loss.

over a year ago

Once. I tracked him down and he’s now under my patio.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Once. I tracked him down and he’s now under my patio. "

That's twice he'll probably ghost you

over a year ago

"Once. I tracked him down and he’s now under my patio.

That's twice he'll probably ghost you "

over a year ago

Many times. They usually always pop back to haunt me though

over a year ago

"Yes, but they always resurface about 6 months later "
. Definitely this

By *B1974Woman