Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hatred of transgender people

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

In todays daily mail, was a article about a 67year old trans woman who was being discriminated against for her identity. The comment section was full of hatred and belittling comments. Makes you realise how far we have got to go for true equality. No wander people stay in the closet.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Aren’t there always nasty comments by small minded, bigoted people on all Daily Mail ‘news’ stories?

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Today, by accident, a colleague "came out" because his partner bombed into a Teams call. I've worked with the guy for about 5 or 6 years and he still found it necessary to try and explain why he lives with another guy etc. It made me sad to think that he didn't feel he could be open at work, especially considering we have some very openly gay colleagues who are fully accepted, just like anyone else is. It's just really sad that someone's gender, sexual orientation, appearance etc is a reason for abuse. WTF has it got to do with anyone other than the person themselves?

over a year ago

"Today, by accident, a colleague "came out" because his partner bombed into a Teams call. I've worked with the guy for about 5 or 6 years and he still found it necessary to try and explain why he lives with another guy etc. It made me sad to think that he didn't feel he could be open at work, especially considering we have some very openly gay colleagues who are fully accepted, just like anyone else is. It's just really sad that someone's gender, sexual orientation, appearance etc is a reason for abuse. WTF has it got to do with anyone other than the person themselves? "

over a year ago

"In todays daily mail, was a article about a 67year old trans woman who was being discriminated against for her identity. The comment section was full of hatred and belittling comments. Makes you realise how far we have got to go for true equality. No wander people stay in the closet. "

Don't read the Daily Heil then.

Seriously, the comments sections in all rags like that are full of ignorant keyboard warriors who wouldn't have the nerve to say anything to your face.

Get out into the real world and you'll find that it's a much nicer place. People are far more accepting.

over a year ago

It’s all down to education, most people are afraid of what they don’t know or understand, i am a gay bloke and the shit I hear at work about what people think of gay men , ( I’m not out at work ) is shocking, but times change and in time people will learn to accept difference, and that love is love regardless of who you love

By *amanthaJonesTrans1966TV/TS
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I know Stella from Hayling Island, it's only a few miles from me, the bowling association are hopefully being forced into changing their policies

over a year ago

Unfortunately we live in a society where if you act a certain way,look a little different then some people will just hate for the sake of it

Live and let live is my motto

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

It’s all down to people’s own insecurities, people who are at ease with themselves are always more accepting of others.

over a year ago

The pink news ‘printed’ data on the daily mail and associated papers. I can’t remember what the split was but it was very heavily weighted towards anti or the mocking of trans people.

No surprises, I know, but surely it should be illegal to write such biased opinion.

Seeking out the negative stories and using sensational headlines has got to fuel phobia even if people just walk past and see the headlines on a newsstand.

over a year ago

"In todays daily mail, was a article about a 67year old trans woman who was being discriminated against for her identity. The comment section was full of hatred and belittling comments. Makes you realise how far we have got to go for true equality. No wander people stay in the closet.

Seriously, the comments sections in all rags like that are full of ignorant keyboard warriors who wouldn't have the nerve to say anything to your face.

Get out into the real world and you'll find that it's a much nicer place. People are far more accepting."

Papers print negative stories about everything. They exist solely to piss people off and make them angry.

over a year ago

"In todays daily mail, was a article about a 67year old trans woman who was being discriminated against for her identity. The comment section was full of hatred and belittling comments. Makes you realise how far we have got to go for true equality. No wander people stay in the closet.

Get out into the real world and you'll find that it's a much nicer place. People are far more accepting."

Why read it - the less you know what angry, racist homophobes have to say the happier you will be.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The story was not flattering but not overtly prejudiced,for the daily mail, but the comments were awful and mocking. I am not in favour of banning free speech or people's rights to a opinion, but why be so cruel to someone who just wants to live there life differently,and was hurting nobody.

By *amanthaJonesTrans1966TV/TS
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I have been on the recieving end of transphobic abuse in the past from gay guys on here, fabguys and squirt sites, but I report it to the site admin and then block them

By *ebel Red HotWoman
over a year ago

York

Some people just love to hate its sad really.

By *nliveneTV/TS
over a year ago

Selby

"Today, by accident, a colleague "came out" because his partner bombed into a Teams call. I've worked with the guy for about 5 or 6 years and he still found it necessary to try and explain why he lives with another guy etc. It made me sad to think that he didn't feel he could be open at work, especially considering we have some very openly gay colleagues who are fully accepted, just like anyone else is. It's just really sad that someone's gender, sexual orientation, appearance etc is a reason for abuse. WTF has it got to do with anyone other than the person themselves? "

Is never a easy decision come out or let people know about.

I have lucky i must confess at work everyone is so supportive since first day 4 years ago when i let them know about my transition , i never felt discriminated in public or a negative word against me .

I'm lucky that every single day i can be myself , be happy, be accepted by society without any concerns at all , i'm happy for feel free and loved .

But i know, i'm just lucky

over a year ago

Live and let live

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

We have a long way to go on a number of issues. Recognising that is the first step.

Post new Message to Thread