Back to The Lounge

What’s life got to offer in 2020

Jump to newest

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

I have seen and heard lots of disappointments over this year due to Covid

But, we have to stay positive..

So what is life going to do for you now?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Rather than waste time I have pushed forward with my piano and got myself fit for the first time in over a decade. Now to keep it up

over a year ago

To be perfectly honest who knows?! Next year could be just like this year. It’s impossible to make any plans really still x

over a year ago

"To be perfectly honest who knows?! Next year could be just like this year. It’s impossible to make any plans really still x"
,,,,I'm starting to fear 2021 will be as bad as 2020

over a year ago

I've re-discovered my love of reading, life has slowed down a bit and I discovered the Fab forums. 2020 hasn't been too bad for me. What comes next? I have no idea.

over a year ago

"To be perfectly honest who knows?! Next year could be just like this year. It’s impossible to make any plans really still x,,,,I'm starting to fear 2021 will be as bad as 2020"

We just can’t know. I’m just taking each day/week as it comes. All we can do at the moment.

over a year ago

"I've re-discovered my love of reading, life has slowed down a bit and I discovered the Fab forums. 2020 hasn't been too bad for me. What comes next? I have no idea."
...2020 and the forums....reminds me of how selfish people have been this year

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

This year has saved me alot of money as not been out much to buy things i did not really need.

over a year ago

It's been brilliant for me been promoted paid off my mortgage and looking forward to next year

over a year ago

"It's been brilliant for me been promoted paid off my mortgage and looking forward to next year"

Well done you.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Loads.

Example-I love Halloween, usually we would be out trick or treating but this year we are going to build a chair/duvet fort and watch (kid appropriate) spooky films together.

For me, home working top trumps commuting any day of the week.

I'm not a fan of Christmas but this year as it will just be me and the sprog we have agreed to go right OTT on (Poundland) decs and all the daft Christmas stuff. Going to make all our cards too.

In normal circs we wouldn't have the time or inclination to do this stuff.

(I do realise I'm lucky I've got a job and a wage and I've not lost anyone to Covid).

over a year ago

I've not missed going out / booze as much as I thought I would. Chams is the main thing though!

over a year ago

Was going out up till February this year.

Work has been sporadic.

Hoping for better times

I bought a car.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I've re-discovered my love of reading, life has slowed down a bit and I discovered the Fab forums. 2020 hasn't been too bad for me. What comes next? I have no idea."

This is how they cope with winters in Iceland, everyone reads , they have meet-ups in thick blankets drink hot chocolate and read , even outside! And so many people write, everyone I met there has published a book !

over a year ago

"I've re-discovered my love of reading, life has slowed down a bit and I discovered the Fab forums. 2020 hasn't been too bad for me. What comes next? I have no idea.

This is how they cope with winters in Iceland, everyone reads , they have meet-ups in thick blankets drink hot chocolate and read , even outside! And so many people write, everyone I met there has published a book ! "

I always knew I should live in Iceland

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

For those of you who feel negatively about the last few months and think nothing will get better...

2 yrs ago I thought I was going to die and could have .

Each day I’m alive is a good day, it doesn’t matter if I can’t go out to the pub, I’m happy

I’m here...

over a year ago

"It's been brilliant for me been promoted paid off my mortgage and looking forward to next year

Well done you.

"

Thanks

By *otmale5Man
over a year ago

glasgow

It’s nearly over so make the most of it . It will be next year before you know it ..

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm hoping life is going to continue bringing me happiness in little, unexpected ways. This year I fully embraced the poly, I put up with less crap and my friendships have been better and stronger. And I've saved a lot so I'm chuffed about that.

This year overall has been really good for me and it's only getting better.

over a year ago

We are a bit different I had an operation two days before the first reports of covid. I was in hospital having breathing issues as I heard this odd term corona!

Master helped me recover recuperate and through some pretty dire pain. We had said this year was about recovering then covid hit.

We have discovered better balance. Since I returned to work I have for half the time done this odd thing called working from home?.?

We didn't manage to get away together this year unfortunately but we realised some risks you take others....dont be so stupid. There is better community spirit in the street because of a network I built pre lockdown. So whilst we have seen the worst in human nature we have seen the best.

We are embracing what comes next ...

Post new Message to Thread