Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why are people such wrong’uns?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ive just watched an ad about a cat having been shot with an air rifle, the resulting care that a charity had to provide as the cat lost an eye and jaw as a result, and then what they do to look after other animals in their care.

Wtf is wrong with ppl?! Why harm a defenceless animal??? Just sickens me that people that do this kind of thing end up with some cushty punishment and then charities have to step in to take care of the animals.

I feel like the punishment should match the crime. Either put in stocks and pelted with rotten food or being made to take care of animals at shelters.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman
over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

Taking care of the animals they've hurt is way beyond them, I agree with them having the cruelty inflicted right back on them in whichever way is possible to make them suffer.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Taking care of the animals they've hurt is way beyond them, I agree with them having the cruelty inflicted right back on them in whichever way is possible to make them suffer. "

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Makes me really angry! So many nasty people in this world!! X

By *uckerfuckerMan
over a year ago

Bexley

I can’t understand why anyone would want to hurt anything? As you say, there are some crazy people around

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't know why.

By *allumUKMan
over a year ago

KingsLynn

I remember couple years ago i came across a video of a guy calling a cat over then punching it right in the face and laughing about it as his friend filmed him. I took the video and posted it on social media and it went viral. People tracked him down on social media in no time at all and it even made headlines. People really went for him from all over the world. He ended up deleting all his social media and stayed at home too scared to leave his house crying for ages. The police charged him as well. I think he learnt his lesson. I hope he did anyway.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don’t understand it either

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

"I remember couple years ago i came across a video of a guy calling a cat over then punching it right in the face and laughing about it as his friend filmed him. I took the video and posted it on social media and it went viral. People tracked him down on social media in no time at all and it even made headlines. People really went for him from all over the world. He ended up deleting all his social media and stayed at home too scared to leave his house crying for ages. The police charged him as well. I think he learnt his lesson. I hope he did anyway. "

I should bloody hope he did

What a knobhead

over a year ago

"I remember couple years ago i came across a video of a guy calling a cat over then punching it right in the face and laughing about it as his friend filmed him. I took the video and posted it on social media and it went viral. People tracked him down on social media in no time at all and it even made headlines. People really went for him from all over the world. He ended up deleting all his social media and stayed at home too scared to leave his house crying for ages. The police charged him as well. I think he learnt his lesson. I hope he did anyway. "

Good!

This happens quite a lot now. People post the video so the arsehole can be found.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Taking care of the animals they've hurt is way beyond them, I agree with them having the cruelty inflicted right back on them in whichever way is possible to make them suffer. "

As in , What you did was wrong and we are going to do it too now. .......

Where's the moral lesson there ?

If it's wrong it's wrong.

over a year ago

Anybody hurting anything for fun doesn't deserve to be called human. They are monsters. It really really upsets me.

By *reenman19Man
over a year ago

.....no......

" I feel like the punishment should match the crime. Either put in stocks and pelted with rotten food or being made to take care of animals at shelters. "

Would you want to take this further than the single cases? Modern life and industry is destroying ecosystems and wildlife worldwide as we humans feed this age of extinction. Maybe we should all be punished.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

"Taking care of the animals they've hurt is way beyond them, I agree with them having the cruelty inflicted right back on them in whichever way is possible to make them suffer.

"

The exact argument that makes capital punishment wrong. But that's a whole different thread!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Couldn't the police trace him without social media? I'm not a huge fan of trial by social media

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman
over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

"Taking care of the animals they've hurt is way beyond them, I agree with them having the cruelty inflicted right back on them in whichever way is possible to make them suffer.

"

Who said there had to be a moral lesson? Anyone who hurts animals or kids deserve a long suffering however that comes around.

By *reenman19Man
over a year ago

.....no......

Trial by police not social media.

Social media is an effective means of finding information on people because we broadcast our lives for the world to see, fair play to the police for using what they can. It's quicker and easier than canvasing streets for witnesses.

And if you are broadcasting that you are doing somthing wrong, is it not ok for your peers to pull you for it?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Who said there had to be a moral lesson? Anyone who hurts animals or kids deserve a long suffering however that comes around. "

An eye for an eye leaves us all blind.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I hate cruelty to animals. I even feel guilty telling my dog to move out the way. I hate peoples sometimes.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Who said there had to be a moral lesson? Anyone who hurts animals or kids deserve a long suffering however that comes around. "

If you are not trying to improve their morals ..... why are you hurting them?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I too fail to understand how someone could hurt an animal however...... if we apply the train scenario .... i'd switch the track to save the baby and lose the cat.

I don't see that inflicting harm on a human can be okay , especially if we say inflicting harm on cats is not okay.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I did a quick search for the viral video mentioned above and was just sickened at the title of the videos that came up ......

suffice to say I never watched any.

over a year ago

In my opinion if you deliberately hurt an inoccent animal,then you really have something wrong going on in your head

Some people really sicking me

By *reenman19Man
over a year ago

.....no......

" Who said there had to be a moral lesson? Anyone who hurts animals or kids deserve a long suffering however that comes around. "

Look up cobalt mining and other such uncomfortable truths....

Exploitation happens all over the world in a manner of degrees. You want to punish anyone that hurts animals or children? We are all to blame.

over a year ago

I think kids who can harm animals grow up to be sick individuals and adults who can who know better are as good a pedeophiles in my book

over a year ago

"Trial by police not social media.

Social media is an effective means of finding information on people because we broadcast our lives for the world to see, fair play to the police for using what they can. It's quicker and easier than canvasing streets for witnesses.

And if you are broadcasting that you are doing somthing wrong, is it not ok for your peers to pull you for it?

"

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

Take it to the police first. Social media second if absolutely necessary.

I wonder what the social media comments were and if any threats were made against the man.

By *reenman19Man
over a year ago

.....no......

I wonder what the social media comments were and if any threats were made against the man. "

The police are over extended, they don't do half the things they should because they are stretched too thin (at least this is my experience chatting with off duty mates and family members who are police), they have to prioritize. Social media can build cases on its own. I don't condone the vigilantes of social media but I do think that it's a tool be to used. Why turn down an evidence machine?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I wonder what the social media comments were and if any threats were made against the man.

The police are over extended, they don't do half the things they should because they are stretched too thin (at least this is my experience chatting with off duty mates and family members who are police), they have to prioritize. Social media can build cases on its own. I don't condone the vigilantes of social media but I do think that it's a tool be to used. Why turn down an evidence machine?"

It's how the tool is used that bothers me.

By *reenman19Man
over a year ago

.....no......

The police are over extended, they don't do half the things they should because they are stretched too thin (at least this is my experience chatting with off duty mates and family members who are police), they have to prioritize. Social media can build cases on its own. I don't condone the vigilantes of social media but I do think that it's a tool be to used. Why turn down an evidence machine?

It's how the tool is used that bothers me."

Its not being misused by the police, they have strict rules regarding collection of evidence.

It's the general public that misuse social media.

over a year ago

Nothing,and I mean nothing makes my blood boil like hearing of people who are cruel or neglectful to animals.

I swear I would take my punishment after what I would do to someone if I saw them guilty of it.

over a year ago

"Ive just watched an ad about a cat having been shot with an air rifle, the resulting care that a charity had to provide as the cat lost an eye and jaw as a result, and then what they do to look after other animals in their care.

Wtf is wrong with ppl?! Why harm a defenceless animal??? Just sickens me that people that do this kind of thing end up with some cushty punishment and then charities have to step in to take care of the animals.

I feel like the punishment should match the crime. Either put in stocks and pelted with rotten food or being made to take care of animals at shelters.

Is it wrong to put the cat down? After all its going to need extra care. Why do we continue the suffering. I love pets but to see your best mate hurt and struggling is no way for it to carry on.

"

I mean this in the nicest way.

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"Ive just watched an ad about a cat having been shot with an air rifle, the resulting care that a charity had to provide as the cat lost an eye and jaw as a result, and then what they do to look after other animals in their care.

"

Agreed

If you can take enjoyment from something like that,there is something wrong with you.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

" Who said there had to be a moral lesson? Anyone who hurts animals or kids deserve a long suffering however that comes around.

Look up cobalt mining and other such uncomfortable truths....

Exploitation happens all over the world in a manner of degrees. You want to punish anyone that hurts animals or children? We are all to blame."

Very true

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

I had a cat ghat had been shot by a steel tipped air gun pellet, took him to the vets,

Then reported it to the police, who then tried to insinuate I had shot him..

typical early 80’s

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's how the tool is used that bothers me.

Its not being misused by the police, they have strict rules regarding collection of evidence.

It's the general public that misuse social media."

Indeed it is. So why not take the video to the police and let them use it as a tool is my point.

Post new Message to Thread