over a year ago

the wetlands

He's like a virus right enough

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Well done to lewis 92 wins and counting. world record and goat "

I didn't see the goat on the podium, did they present him that later on... Also will it be allowed to go on the plane back to Monaca?

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

He's still a weapons grade cunt though.

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Well done to lewis 92 wins and counting. world record and goat "

Goat

D.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

I can't dispute he is fantastic driver but has turned into an arsehole, abandoned his own country to avoid paying tax here. So well done Lewis

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"He's still a weapons grade cunt though."

Personally I've found him to be a good all-round guy, certainly none of the other drivers in F1 history have ever been so vocal about how "The Team" are responsible for every win and if he gets it wrong, he's quick to admit that too.

Cal

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I can't dispute he is fantastic driver but has turned into an arsehole, abandoned his own country to avoid paying tax here. So well done Lewis"

He is actually still in the top 5000 uk tax payers, he pays more tax annually than my total earnings will be for life.

Nobody is vocal about all the other British sports people or celebrities who live in Sunny Monaco or anywhere else around the world.

Cal

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't know Lewis Hamilton personally but he seems OK to me. I think that you need a certain drive and dedication to be top of your game at any sport and that can come across badly to some.

It's great to see a British person become so successful and achieve so much I've never understood the desire to tear successful people down. I like the way that the first thing he does when he wins or achieves a record is thank his team and how he frequently has his engineer on the podium. Well done Lewis I say

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I can't dispute he is fantastic driver but has turned into an arsehole, abandoned his own country to avoid paying tax here. So well done Lewis"

The tax thing is always one of these flags that those who HATE Hamilton tend to wave. Even though it's a fact that Reducing the Tax Bill is one reason for moving away, if it was the only reason then he would move to the Bahamas. Sports stars often move to "Tax Havens" to maximise their earnings in what could possibly be a short career. In most sports, a career ending injury could happen at any minute and in any aspect of life... Michael Schumacher (who lived in tax haven Switzerland) is a classic example, who's life limiting accident happened whilst skiing, or Robert Kubica who almost died whilst rallying. I makes total sense to maximise the earning whilst it's there.

Cal

By *eedy1Man
over a year ago

larne

Lewis on Graham Norton Show Gave a really good insight into what he was about Show was spoiled by other wankers including host belittling his information on car steering wheel etc I would have walked off Worth watching if you can Included his help for young hope to be drivers

By *eventysix OP   Couple
over a year ago

glossop

Yes personality wise not for me but his skills driving an f1 car 92bus no mean feat

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Let's just stop and think about 92 for a moment...

Jackie Stewart held the record of 27 for a very long time before Prost beat it. And I'm one of many who thought Schumacher's records could never be broken. So, well done Lewis.

GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) Very difficult to compare from different eras, and his tally is helped greatly by the share dominance of the team he's in, but certainly one of the greats. I've always been a Senna fan.

The tax thing. Hands up if you had his earnings would you happily pay huge amounts in tax if you could legally and legitimately live abroad and reduce your tax bill? You know, like lots of Tories and their donors do?

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

Great driver and used to be a big fan but brining policts in to it this year has ruined it for me.

F1 is a escape from the real world for 20 weekends of the year.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Well done Lewis for having the fastest car

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Well done Lewis for having the fastest car "

If it was just about having the fastest car, the drivers wouldn't be able to command so much money, the teams would be choosing the CHEAPEST drivers that could get their car around the track. Also, if it's all about the car, why do they not finish in team order, eg 2 Mercs, 2 Red-Bulls, 2 Ferrari, 2 Renault, etc...

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

He is clearly very talented to achieve this. Having a car and team that are at the top of their game also is an essential part of this achievement, everybody has to play their part. The difference between being winners or losers is one badly judged manoeuvre, one improperly fitted component or one tactical misjudgement. I congratulate him on his achievements, but I don’t know why, I have no rational explanation for it, he’s one of the drivers that I have just never taken too.

Post new Message to Thread