Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Best Day of your Life

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What happened on that day to make it so awesome?

Do you think it could ever be bettered?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ig rig hullMan
over a year ago

Hull

Seeing my 2 boys come into the world was by far the best day of my life

By *elle xWoman
over a year ago

Doire Theas

I think the best is yet to come

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

My two children being born

By *adbod74Man
over a year ago

Dudley

Becoming a dad, nothing yet has ever come close

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Both my kids being born....no feeling like it

over a year ago

Anyone who’s had children who don’t think them being born was the best day of their life?

over a year ago

Apart from the obvious kids being born, wedding etc..

When we moved our gym to bigger premises and all the members came down to help us move the equipment.

It was the culmination of 4 years of hard work, and confirmation that all the time and money we had invested in building the business and community around it had been worthwhile.

over a year ago

This is such a hard question! Obviously the day my daughter was born but I can’t single out any other days as the best of my life.

Can I put this question in my book?

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Waiting on mine x

over a year ago

Newcastle finishing 15th in the 14/15 season

Wow what a day

In all seriousness I dont think mine has happened yet

over a year ago

"Anyone who’s had children who don’t think them being born was the best day of their life?"

Me. It was bloody painful, exhausting and scary. I love them more than life but my best day was quite different.

It was also fairly recent. On the beach. It was romantic, lovely and like a dream. It's a day I hope I never ever forget.

over a year ago

When i saw the Spice Girls in concert

over a year ago

"Anyone who’s had children who don’t think them being born was the best day of their life?"

Me

Hopefully the best is still to come

over a year ago

24/25 jan 2020 i stayed somewhere and was honoured truly happy comfortable in awe and exhausted by it will i ever have a better day it was a miracle i wished on a star for only 1 thing would beat it and as hopeful as i am the chances arnt high as id like

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Best day for me, involved my brother and my father.

It was my brother's Passing Out parade ceremony at RAF Cranwell in Lincolnshire. A beautiful summer's day, lots of pomp and military etiquette.

But it was the look on my Father's face, as his chest was almost bursting with pride, watching the event proceed.

But at the exact point when my brother emerged in full RAF Officer's Uniform into the sunshine, my heart was pumping seeing my Dad crying with so much joy and admiration!

All those years on, it still brings me out in goosebumps!

over a year ago

I didn't think anything would equate to my children being born, and then I became a grandma

over a year ago

Birth of both my daughters , I always wanted two girls and as I didn’t find out what I was having while pregnant the surprise was magical

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I have two children and I really don't know if they were the best days. I honestly haven't got a single one marked out in my head

Despite two very easy births, both of those days were perhaps traumatic for different reasons. The first time at 16 - OK, now what the fuck next. The second time - will I be able to walk again (spoiler- no, not really). So yeah. Conflicted.

over a year ago

All 3 of mine were prem so proud moments tinged with a bit of terror

Achieving Chartered status in chosen career was a memorable day too ... fuck you "careers teacher" and fuck you school.

over a year ago

I hope it hasn't happened yet, if this has been as good as it gets then I should just give up now.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I didn't think anything would equate to my children being born, and then I became a grandma "

I know that feeling. Being a grandparent is special.

over a year ago

Being told I was cancer free and ringing the bell. Defo best day of my life

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Being told I was cancer free and ringing the bell. Defo best day of my life"

That is what you call the best day...glad you got the all clear. I can only imagine what kind of relief that would be.

over a year ago

Me unfortunately. I had an emergency section after a failed induction. I lost an enormous volume of blood, the surgery was quite traumatic and I genuinely feared I was going to die. I hate anything very medical and it broken my heart not having a natural birth. Baby was taken to NICU and thanks to covid I had to endure a lengthy stay in hospital with baby in NICU all by myself.

The day she came out of NICU, we left that hospital and brought her home was the best day of mine

over a year ago

"Being told I was cancer free and ringing the bell. Defo best day of my life"

Congratulations! That's amazing

over a year ago

I'm still waiting I suppose..

over a year ago

"Best day for me, involved my brother and my father.

It was my brother's Passing Out parade ceremony at RAF Cranwell in Lincolnshire. A beautiful summer's day, lots of pomp and military etiquette.

But it was the look on my Father's face, as his chest was almost bursting with pride, watching the event proceed.

But at the exact point when my brother emerged in full RAF Officer's Uniform into the sunshine, my heart was pumping seeing my Dad crying with so much joy and admiration!

All those years on, it still brings me out in goosebumps!"

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 26/10/20 07:10:20]

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Anyone who’s had children who don’t think them being born was the best day of their life?

Me unfortunately. I had an emergency section after a failed induction. I lost an enormous volume of blood, the surgery was quite traumatic and I genuinely feared I was going to die. I hate anything very medical and it broken my heart not having a natural birth. Baby was taken to NICU and thanks to covid I had to endure a lengthy stay in hospital with baby in NICU all by myself.

The day she came out of NICU, we left that hospital and brought her home was the best day of mine "

Our first was very traumatic too , induced , breach and then wouldn’t breath as her throat was full of gunge. Those first few seconds cleaning her throat and waiting , hoping to hear her breath were awful.

Hard to pick one but 2 years ago finally conquering a life long fear of heights with the my daughter above ! doing a huge cliff jump in Jamaica. Such a relief

over a year ago

Becoming a mum is definitely up there but there was lots of stress, worry and trauma surrounding that too especially the second time.

The day I moved in to my house, sat on my sofa in the quiet and just stared out the window, it was the freest and most peaceful I'd felt in a very long time.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

After having my kids?

I’d say the first time I visited New York. My mum booked us a trip for my 21st. I can still remember being in the plane and looking down and that fizzy excited feeling bubbling up inside. And I LOVED New York. I felt at home there and returned many times over the years.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I agree with giving birth to the children but getting my first ever puppy must come a very close 2nd.

over a year ago

Wedding day

Over everything else.

Surrounded by everyone who I liked and loved.

Marrying my bestie, the father of our children. Them there

Total bubble.

Amaaaaazzing

over a year ago

A few spring to mind:

A day at Disneyworld in florida with my family as a child.

My wedding day.

The day I graduated from University.

over a year ago

me it was nice and all but christ the waiting was so boring it wasnt until the real action started it got good you wouldn't call a 3 hour film where nothing happened until the last 20 mins a good movie dont get ke wrong the birth bit was special but your saying best day not best moment or highlight

over a year ago

"Anyone who’s had children who don’t think them being born was the best day of their life?me it was nice and all but christ the waiting was so boring it wasnt until the real action started it got good you wouldn't call a 3 hour film where nothing happened until the last 20 mins a good movie dont get ke wrong the birth bit was special but your saying best day not best moment or highlight"

What was your best day then?

over a year ago

"Anyone who’s had children who don’t think them being born was the best day of their life?me it was nice and all but christ the waiting was so boring it wasnt until the real action started it got good you wouldn't call a 3 hour film where nothing happened until the last 20 mins a good movie dont get ke wrong the birth bit was special but your saying best day not best moment or highlight

What was your best day then?"

already said it further up 24/25 jan 2020

over a year ago

Looking back, I have had so many best days that its impossible to separate one single event

the thing is, you dont realise at the time, how amazing it is

its when you look back in time

Post new Message to Thread