Fine Young Man

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *orace99Man
over a year ago

York

"That’s all I want to say........

I salute you sir! "

Need more like him to change the world I to a better place for all.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A true star and a top man class act for a footballer

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree.

A breath of fresh air from the footballing world

Reply privately

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

He has good intentions but I disagree with paying to feed other people's children.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hes a good kid but he shined a light on how fickle prime ministers are these days

Reply privately

By *ersnickety PantsWoman
over a year ago

Club Meets Only

what a role model he sets especially to the younger generation

Reply privately

over a year ago

What a guy but its incredible that he has to even do this

Reply privately

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I salute you sir! "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"He has good intentions but I disagree with paying to feed other people's children."

The parents should be able to have jobs that pay enough to pay the bills and for food.

But they don't so he's making sure the kids don't have to suffer.

Reply privately

By *orace99Man
over a year ago

York

"He has good intentions but I disagree with paying to feed other people's children."

Even when they are in that situation through no fault of their own?

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

"He has good intentions but I disagree with paying to feed other people's children.

The parents should be able to have jobs that pay enough to pay the bills and for food.

But they don't so he's making sure the kids don't have to suffer. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think he's bloody amazing

No matter what anyone says about how much he gets payed. Blah blah

He doesnt have to do what he's doing. Challenging the government.

He's awesome

Reply privately

over a year ago

Would you let them starve? Or just allow them to scavenge?

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

In wales kids have the free meals during the holidays can’t understand why Boris and co are so against it .Just read that the major of Liverpool and Liverpool fc are also providing meals for the kids in all the schools in Liverpool during the holidays.Nice that people can restore the faith in humanity at such a awful time.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Agreed

Reply privately

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Moelfre

Let's all remember the good he's done when the establishment go after him. The man is a credit to his family.

Reply privately

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

In times like this and you’re being that judgemental?

Awesome attitude dude, seriously you’ll get far with that..

I hadn’t heard of this headline till now (I live under a rock I know) damn that’s amazing, all it takes is one to start the ball rolling and others get to see the issues too, when people rally together amazing things truly can happen

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

We all pay for things for other people. We pay for roads we don't use, for military we might not approve of, for medical treatment of others, etc etc. It's what living in society looks like.

Having helping hungry children be where you object to that is quite unfortunate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

maybe he should give a portion of his over inflated wage towards the cause too ... not just him but all the over paid sports/enterainment/pop stars sorry but overpaid people talking sense whiles they fill there pockets is not really worth the paper its wrote on

Reply privately

By *imon_hydeMan
over a year ago

Moelfre

"maybe he should give a portion of his over inflated wage towards the cause too ... not just him but all the over paid sports/enterainment/pop stars sorry but overpaid people talking sense whiles they fill there pockets is not really worth the paper its wrote on"

It's societies responsibility not individuals.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Let's all remember the good he's done when the establishment go after him. The man is a credit to his family."

I salute him.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"maybe he should give a portion of his over inflated wage towards the cause too ... not just him but all the over paid sports/enterainment/pop stars sorry but overpaid people talking sense whiles they fill there pockets is not really worth the paper its wrote on

It's societies responsibility not individuals."

yep maybe your right but im still sick of these rich kids telling people what to do whiles they get richer its like bono and the 80/90 all over again you lot feed the world whiles i sing and get rich

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"He has good intentions but I disagree with paying to feed other people's children.

Would you let them starve? Or just allow them to scavenge? "

The idea of a wealthy first world country not finding the money to feed hungry children is utterly abhorrent.

Regardless of what you might say about adults who can't feed their children (even if you blame them entirely), the children are by definition blameless.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Would you let them starve? Or just allow them to scavenge?

The idea of a wealthy first world country not finding the money to feed hungry children is utterly abhorrent.

Regardless of what you might say about adults who can't feed their children (even if you blame them entirely), the children are by definition blameless."

this i do agree

Reply privately

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"maybe he should give a portion of his over inflated wage towards the cause too ... not just him but all the over paid sports/enterainment/pop stars sorry but overpaid people talking sense whiles they fill there pockets is not really worth the paper its wrote on

yep maybe your right but im still sick of these rich kids telling people what to do whiles they get richer its like bono and the 80/90 all over again you lot feed the world whiles i sing and get rich "

But he's doing this because he grew up in a situation where his mother, a single parent, couldn't afford to feed him and he relied on free school meals. Shouldn't we applaud him for remembering where he came from and using his wealth to ensure other kids don't go through the same thing?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"maybe he should give a portion of his over inflated wage towards the cause too ... not just him but all the over paid sports/enterainment/pop stars sorry but overpaid people talking sense whiles they fill there pockets is not really worth the paper its wrote on"

What percentage of his wage do you think he should hand over?

Reply privately

over a year ago

They give him an MBE and then the Tories vote down the idea of giving out free food. You couldn't make it up.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

yep maybe your right but im still sick of these rich kids telling people what to do whiles they get richer its like bono and the 80/90 all over again you lot feed the world whiles i sing and get rich

But he's doing this because he grew up in a situation where his mother, a single parent, couldn't afford to feed him and he relied on free school meals. Shouldn't we applaud him for remembering where he came from and using his wealth to ensure other kids don't go through the same thing?"

Absolutely. He could just say "screw you I'm doing alright". Instead he's trying to help people. He has a large platform that many people do not. He's forced the issue into the public.

Reply privately

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

yep maybe your right but im still sick of these rich kids telling people what to do whiles they get richer its like bono and the 80/90 all over again you lot feed the world whiles i sing and get rich "

I’m not sure he was a “rich kid” from the start, he’s passing it forward, surely that’s a good thing as the world gets greedier and more selfish

Reply privately

By *ay7209Man
over a year ago

Gravesend

Even when they are in that situation through no fault of their own?"

And what if it is through no fault of there own? Just let them starve aye. Disgusting

Reply privately

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

How do you know he isn’t already? I agree a lot of sportspeople are grossly overpaid but you have no idea what they do with their money. A lot keep their charity work & donations private.

J x

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

How do you know he isn’t already? I agree a lot of sportspeople are grossly overpaid but you have no idea what they do with their money. A lot keep their charity work & donations private.

J x"

I think at one point he offered to help pay for it.

Feeding hungry children should not be left to individual charity. We should just bloody do it.

Reply privately

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I salute you sir! "

Agreed. Terrific guy with such a humble and sincere manner. SPOTY for sure. However, he needs to work on his game, improve, and if he’s lucky, one day he can sign for Chelsea.

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

There’s always one yes let the greedy nuggets starve

Reply privately

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

J x

Feeding hungry children should not be left to individual charity. We should just bloody do it."

I couldn’t agree more - whilst our vile MP’s are having subsided meals & drinks in Parliament!!! This has made me so angry. I had free school meals growing up & will be forever grateful. I’m lucky that we get by but would give up a meal if meant feeding a child or 2

J x

Reply privately

By *unmatt888Man
over a year ago

Duns

Pretty sure he's already handing over 40% of his salary.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Club Meets Only

J x

Feeding hungry children should not be left to individual charity. We should just bloody do it.

I couldn’t agree more - whilst our vile MP’s are having subsided meals & drinks in Parliament!!! This has made me so angry. I had free school meals growing up & will be forever grateful. I’m lucky that we get by but would give up a meal if meant feeding a child or 2

J x"

There are petitions online against parliament having subsidised meals etc

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

J x

J x"

This

Reply privately

over a year ago

What i struggle with is that every parent receives a payment of approximately £20 a week for each child they have. Id imagine a lot of parents also receive Universal Credit..

Why can parents suddenly stop supporting their child for term times when for years previously adults have managed it.

I truly am not a mardy bum although it sounds like it, i am just struggling to understand why adults can not manage their money.

I genuinely do not know anyone personally who is that down on their luck they can not feed their child, and my town are currently on a 'lets feed all the kids this term' drive.. I wonder how much food will actually be wasted in this process.. I also wonder how many people will just jump on the band wagon and claim food supplied when they might not actually need it.

If i was that broke id get a 2nd job, id sell my possessions, The state pay for so much as it is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

im not knocking him as such maybe more the system why does it always take a celeb/sports star to do these things ?? its wrong we are one of the richest nations on the planet but only the rich get richer the poor get poorer ..maybe i should have worded it better but it should not take a rich kid to feed the kids it should be automatic plus companies like mc donalds joining in now yet they dont pay there taxes maybe amozon will be next and costa coffee

Reply privately

over a year ago

I salute you sir! "

Wholeheartedly agree and I think the MPs that voted against it should be ashamed of themselves. Wankers are overpaid anyway. They should cut their wages and put it into the scheme.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Club Meets Only

"What i struggle with is that every parent receives a payment of approximately £20 a week for each child they have. Id imagine a lot of parents also receive Universal Credit..

Why can parents suddenly stop supporting their child for term times when for years previously adults have managed it.

I truly am not a mardy bum although it sounds like it, i am just struggling to understand why adults can not manage their money.

I genuinely do not know anyone personally who is that down on their luck they can not feed their child, and my town are currently on a 'lets feed all the kids this term' drive.. I wonder how much food will actually be wasted in this process.. I also wonder how many people will just jump on the band wagon and claim food supplied when they might not actually need it.

If i was that broke id get a 2nd job, id sell my possessions, The state pay for so much as it is.

"

Child benefit you are referring to is only £20 for the first child & £14 for the second

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Quite a few people hold this opinion.

Why do you disagree? I was listening to a guy on the radio who was of the same opinion as you and he couldn't give any regional reason why he thought it was wrong. He did mention fifty inch televisions at one point but no actual reason why on the long term ensuring children are fed was a bad move.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think he’s doing a great job, particularly today, just quietly retweeting all the offers of help, shines a light on the government’s apathy. If I was him I’d very publicly hand back the MBE too

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Why do you disagree? I was listening to a guy on the radio who was of the same opinion as you and he couldn't give any regional reason why he thought it was wrong. He did mention fifty inch televisions at one point but no actual reason why on the long term ensuring children are fed was a bad move. "

Even if parents are making terrible decisions... A child going hungry is a terrible thing. Feeding a child solves that.

Feckless parents (if we believe that) are a separate issue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"im not knocking him as such maybe more the system why does it always take a celeb/sports star to do these things ?? its wrong we are one of the richest nations on the planet but only the rich get richer the poor get poorer ..maybe i should have worded it better but it should not take a rich kid to feed the kids it should be automatic plus companies like mc donalds joining in now yet they dont pay there taxes maybe amozon will be next and costa coffee "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why do you disagree? I was listening to a guy on the radio who was of the same opinion as you and he couldn't give any regional reason why he thought it was wrong. He did mention fifty inch televisions at one point but no actual reason why on the long term ensuring children are fed was a bad move. "

Of course children need to be fed i doubt anyone would disagree with that fact..

the things id say is that by giving parents this extra money are we enabling them to continue making bad choices with their existing benefits etc..

If it was a physical meal handed/delivered to a child id be more inclined to go along with that.

Sorry to say but if more money is given to parents with poor money management im going to guess it will be blown on things non relevant for the moneys intended purpose.

Sadly a lot of people i know (including friends) who i know of personally that use food banks are also people who choose to smoke, i see them buying and wearing branded trainers and new clothes..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why do you disagree? I was listening to a guy on the radio who was of the same opinion as you and he couldn't give any regional reason why he thought it was wrong. He did mention fifty inch televisions at one point but no actual reason why on the long term ensuring children are fed was a bad move.

Of course children need to be fed i doubt anyone would disagree with that fact..

the things id say is that by giving parents this extra money are we enabling them to continue making bad choices with their existing benefits etc..

If it was a physical meal handed/delivered to a child id be more inclined to go along with that.

Sorry to say but if more money is given to parents with poor money management im going to guess it will be blown on things non relevant for the moneys intended purpose.

Sadly a lot of people i know (including friends) who i know of personally that use food banks are also people who choose to smoke, i see them buying and wearing branded trainers and new clothes.. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Normally id agree with you on this, but i do feel the amount of families that have working parents on low wages that in normal circumstsnces have proved to make an effort to keep their own families, are now out of work through no fault of their own, then they do deserve a bit of compassion.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Even if parents are making terrible decisions... A child going hungry is a terrible thing. Feeding a child solves that.

Feckless parents (if we believe that) are a separate issue."

I think it's interesting that the same arguments are used every time the question of any sort of benefit or help comes up and what it really boils down to us "poor people deserve to be poor".

I think it's also telling that it took this guy to mobilise businesses etc into a coordinated effort to help (I believe that businesses and we as individuals should be helping). I think he's doing a great job and I expect he realises that his celebrity status is a double edged sword that will work for him and against him.

Reply privately

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"What i struggle with is that every parent receives a payment of approximately £20 a week for each child they have. Id imagine a lot of parents also receive Universal Credit..

"

What you forget is that some parents don’t care about their children and at least schools provide a meal in term time, not all parents give a damn if their kids eat or not sadly

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sadly a lot of people i know (including friends) who i know of personally that use food banks are also people who choose to smoke, i see them buying and wearing branded trainers and new clothes.. "

I thought Rashfords scheme was to make food vouchers available and not cash?

Because vouchers allows the children to eat and it to be used for the intended issue?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Feckless parents (if we believe that) are a separate issue.

I think it's interesting that the same arguments are used every time the question of any sort of benefit or help comes up and what it really boils down to us "poor people deserve to be poor".

I think it's also telling that it took this guy to mobilise businesses etc into a coordinated effort to help (I believe that businesses and we as individuals should be helping). I think he's doing a great job and I expect he realises that his celebrity status is a double edged sword that will work for him and against him. "

Agreed. I have broader issues with the idea that poverty is deserved, but boil it down: these kids don't deserve this and we have the means to feed them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Because vouchers allows the children to eat and it to be used for the intended issue? "

A voucher is better than cash admittedly.. however it still wont make too much of a difference to some parents attitudes..

rather than 'we got the term holidays coming up we need to tighten our belts' some might have the attitude of 'great £15 a week in vouchers.. can get that bottle of vodka after all'

I mention vodka as a flippant example, but it was to indicate foods/drinks that are not intended for purpose

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Because vouchers allows the children to eat and it to be used for the intended issue?

A voucher is better than cash admittedly.. however it still wont make too much of a difference to some parents attitudes..

rather than 'we got the term holidays coming up we need to tighten our belts' some might have the attitude of 'great £15 a week in vouchers.. can get that bottle of vodka after all'

I mention vodka as a flippant example, but it was to indicate foods/drinks that are not intended for purpose

"

So we shouldn't try because some parents are idiots?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The children that Rashfords charity is supporting will get meals not money.

I don't know if you've ever dealt directly with the clients of food banks but I can assure you that the vast majority of them are genuinely in need of the help that's given to them.

Reply privately

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

"In wales kids have the free meals during the holidays can’t understand why Boris and co are so against it .Just read that the major of Liverpool and Liverpool fc are also providing meals for the kids in all the schools in Liverpool during the holidays.Nice that people can restore the faith in humanity at such a awful time."

Im so glad Wales have taken this approach to provide meals for children. Forget the political scoring, kids should never go hungry.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

"

Yeah one of the kids issued with a voucher for the food bank that I had dealings with needed it because his parents were alcoholic and he hadn't eaten for 48 hours.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"In wales kids have the free meals during the holidays can’t understand why Boris and co are so against it .Just read that the major of Liverpool and Liverpool fc are also providing meals for the kids in all the schools in Liverpool during the holidays.Nice that people can restore the faith in humanity at such a awful time.

Im so glad Wales have taken this approach to provide meals for children. Forget the political scoring, kids should never go hungry. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

So we shouldn't try because some parents are idiots?"

But equally why throw millions more into a fund when most people CAN manage..

Irresponsible parents who dont give a shit about their children will still blow the vouchers.

For those parents who are truly in dire need of food can use foodbanks (yes i accept thats not great either)..

Id be totally gutted and feel the shame of having to use a food bank if i was in that situation, it would encourage me to change my ways... but sure if the state wanna bung me £15 a week i'll take it to spend on whatever

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Irresponsible parents who dont give a shit about their children will still blow the vouchers.

For those parents who are truly in dire need of food can use foodbanks (yes i accept thats not great either)..

Id be totally gutted and feel the shame of having to use a food bank if i was in that situation, it would encourage me to change my ways... but sure if the state wanna bung me £15 a week i'll take it to spend on whatever

"

Because some can't. And some children go hungry.

A hungry child is a hungry child regardless of whether their parents can or can't manage. Whether they're idiots or can't help it.

A hungry child should be fed. Period.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"

"

Do you know what the criteria is for using a food bank?

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"

Ok sooo you have two kids and they’re 7 and 8 - school holidays mean you can’t work as childcare in the school holidays (if you can even get it atm) is approx £35 per child per day for clubs or around £4 per hour per child for a childminder. You’re on minimum wage so all of your money goes on childcare. How can you ‘get a second job’ ... please tell me.

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"

"

That las sentence says a lot more about you than most people I know - Jesus.

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

"

That las sentence says a lot more about you than most people I know - Jesus. "

You have to jump through hoops to get access to a food bank. If you apply for UC you have to wait 5 weeks to get any money at all so how does rent get paid in this five weeks let alone food? Mind you a former Tory chairman today said parents should ‘sell their pearls’ to feed their children ... reminiscent of ‘let them eat cake’ don’t you think?

Reply privately

over a year ago

He does, he pays tax like the rest of us. My guess would be he does far more via charitable donations but being the modest man he is chooses not to publicise it.

Well done young man, you are a credit to your Mum.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"You have to jump through hoops to get access to a food bank. If you apply for UC you have to wait 5 weeks to get any money at all so how does rent get paid in this five weeks let alone food? Mind you a former Tory chairman today said parents should ‘sell their pearls’ to feed their children ... reminiscent of ‘let them eat cake’ don’t you think? "

They should sell their yachts and cash in their investment portfolios too, because everyone has those. Maybe go down to three cars each

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

He does, he pays tax like the rest of us. My guess would be he does far more via charitable donations but being the modest man he is chooses not to publicise it.

Well done young man, you are a credit to your Mum. "

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I disagree with rich celebrities telling the government how to spend our money

If he gave a fuck I’m sure he could feed a few himself on his wages to tight arse , it’s all tax refundable under gift aid too

Reply privately

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

I have read people statements on this thread. None of us know what situation the parents of the children receving free school meals are in.

We are in a pandemic and im sure we all know someone who has suffered in some capacity from this crises.

Im glad the likes of Marcus Rashford did not judge any child parents of their circumstances, he just wants to make sure every kid gets a meal. Which is a basic human right that children are entitled to.

Reply privately

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

It's not for me to pick up the tab for other people's kids because of the situation of the covid for that might feel the right thing to do well done Marcus

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

A hungry child is a hungry child regardless of whether their parents can or can't manage. Whether they're idiots or can't help it.

A hungry child should be fed. Period."

Never disagreed with you on that

Reply privately

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

Sorry but I'm in the parents should feed them side of this.

Quite frankly don't have kids if you can't afford them.

And no I'm not saying kids should starve, but no-one should starve. If we need to give meals to kids then we give them to everyone.

I'm fed up of society being biased in favour of families and kids.

Reply privately

By *heRazorsEdgeMan
over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"Sorry but I'm in the parents should feed them side of this.

And no I'm not saying kids should starve, but no-one should starve. If we need to give meals to kids then we give them to everyone.

I'm fed up of society being biased in favour of families and kids."

They may have been able to afford kids initially then circumstances changed drastically... you never know what someone has experienced in life...

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm fed up of society being biased in favour of families and kids.

They may have been able to afford kids initially then circumstances changed drastically... you never know what someone has experienced in life..."

And even if they're the worst lowest of the low most terrible parents in existence... It's not the fault of the kids.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

That las sentence says a lot more about you than most people I know - Jesus. "

Right

I manage what little money i have well. Blessed ive a home, a job, and food.

Yes i would personally feel like a failure if i needed a food bank. Id be hugely grateful they were there to help me in times of dire need though.

The comment about the £15 a week to blow on whatever was again flippant.. Im trying to say that i do not need it, so why would i be given it. If i was given it in form of a food voucher for a supermarket there is still no 'filter' as far as im aware on what it HAS to be spent on..

Maybe i am just shit at explaining things..

Reply privately

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

I'm all for feeding adults who can't afford to eat.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm all for feeding adults who can't afford to eat. "

So am I but let's take the revolution one step at a time

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

If he gave a fuck I’m sure he could feed a few himself on his wages to tight arse , it’s all tax refundable under gift aid too"

And i disagree with rich tory wanker MPs being paid a right good screw then also claiming back pretty well everything they spend as "expenses", who vote to let kids go hungry. While there is one hungry kid in the country, the ones who vote to keep them hungry should be bloody well starved themselves.

As for whether poor parents are feckless or not, whether they should be allowed to drink when it's mainly to try and forget the shitshow they are living through - there's going to be none of them having £300 bottles of wine and £500 meals in restaurants like have the bloody cabinet do.

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"

That las sentence says a lot more about you than most people I know - Jesus.

Right

I manage what little money i have well. Blessed ive a home, a job, and food.

Yes i would personally feel like a failure if i needed a food bank. Id be hugely grateful they were there to help me in times of dire need though.

The comment about the £15 a week to blow on whatever was again flippant.. Im trying to say that i do not need it, so why would i be given it. If i was given it in form of a food voucher for a supermarket there is still no 'filter' as far as im aware on what it HAS to be spent on..

Maybe i am just shit at explaining things..

"

The only ones getting the free school meals are the ones that already get free school meals. It's not a general hand out.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I salute you sir! "

Well said. His efforts are some of the few hopeful things in this country at the moment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Even if they are working but earn a very low wage or may have lost their jobs due to covid 19 etc ?

Reply privately

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

My point is either feed people or don't feed people. Don't single out children as 'special'. To me that's political virtue signalling.

Anyway I'm obviously biased as kids give me the creeps.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe he does but doesn't advertise it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But he's doing this because he grew up in a situation where his mother, a single parent, couldn't afford to feed him and he relied on free school meals. Shouldn't we applaud him for remembering where he came from and using his wealth to ensure other kids don't go through the same thing?

Absolutely. He could just say "screw you I'm doing alright". Instead he's trying to help people. He has a large platform that many people do not. He's forced the issue into the public."

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"My point is either feed people or don't feed people. Don't single out children as 'special'. To me that's political virtue signalling.

Anyway I'm obviously biased as kids give me the creeps."

Shrug. I think "virtue signalling" is a stupid expression.

Kids cannot fix the situation they find themselves in or advocate for themselves like adults can. Their options are incredibly limited.

I think hunger in general is a terrible thing but at least adults can (usually) ask for help directly or work to improve their situation

Reply privately

over a year ago

Absolutely. He could just say "screw you I'm doing alright". Instead he's trying to help people. He has a large platform that many people do not. He's forced the issue into the public."

Exactly this

He could just be sitting there counting his money

Instead he's trying to help

Reply privately

over a year ago

I salute you sir! "

He is top class.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I can't believe feeding hungry children is contentious

Reply privately

over a year ago

"My point is either feed people or don't feed people. Don't single out children as 'special'. To me that's political virtue signalling.

Anyway I'm obviously biased as kids give me the creeps."

What a lovely thing to say,

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"I can't believe feeding hungry children is contentious "

It makes you proud doesnt it?

Incidentally a Tory mp used the exact sane words

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I can't believe feeding hungry children is contentious

It makes you proud doesnt it?

Incidentally a Tory mp used the exact sane words"

Yes, it's virtue signalling.

Bloody hell the depths humanity has sunk to.

(I'm not particularly a kid person myself but I recognise that they're near enough to helpless and entirely blameless...)

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

A hungry child should be fed. Period."

Reply privately

over a year ago

It is only contentious to those without compassion . There are some very angry and lonely people on here who feel the need to fill the empty holes in their life with bitterness and resentment . I honestly feel sorry for them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Marcus very well done

Am a Liverpool fan

But credit where credit is due

I take a bow sir

You should be prime minister and sort it out

Reply privately

over a year ago

Britain in 2020.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If he gave a fuck I’m sure he could feed a few himself on his wages to tight arse , it’s all tax refundable under gift aid too

And i disagree with rich tory wanker MPs being paid a right good screw then also claiming back pretty well everything they spend as "expenses", who vote to let kids go hungry. While there is one hungry kid in the country, the ones who vote to keep them hungry should be bloody well starved themselves.

As for whether poor parents are feckless or not, whether they should be allowed to drink when it's mainly to try and forget the shitshow they are living through - there's going to be none of them having £300 bottles of wine and £500 meals in restaurants like have the bloody cabinet do."

Or eating meals on the subsidised House of Commons restaurant

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I can't believe feeding hungry children is contentious

Britain in 2020."

Please sir, I want some more!

More?!

Reply privately

By *ooby birdWoman
over a year ago

North West

Its a disgrace that he's had to do something like this in 2020

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

I'm fed up of society being biased in favour of families and kids."

So kids deserve the same as adults who are fully grown and can earn money? Kids are literally vulnerable and dependant on adults to care for them. You really really begrudge them food?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Poverty has been around for a long long time.

If simply pointing the finger at parents who can’t or won’t do the basics to look after their families and telling them they’re lazy and should work harder actually worked, it would be history by now.

Society as a whole allows these situations to develop and society as a whole needs to take care of it

Reply privately

By *r Potato HeadMan
over a year ago

Manchester

It's also nice to see how many pubs and cafes are going to be doing free packed lunches over half term.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Poverty has been around for a long long time.

If simply pointing the finger at parents who can’t or won’t do the basics to look after their families and telling them they’re lazy and should work harder actually worked, it would be history by now.

Society as a whole allows these situations to develop and society as a whole needs to take care of it"

Yup.

In the meantime, because we're not ready for that kind of systemic change yet, let's at least feed hungry kids.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Society as a whole allows these situations to develop and society as a whole needs to take care of it"

Yup

We should ALL be ashamed that parents are being given food vouchers

So much for bloody progress

Reply privately

By *oncupiscence73Woman
over a year ago

South

Yes I agree but people keep voting Tory which is the exact opposite of that

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

"

I'll change my ways to stop being poor cos its just that simple.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Society as a whole allows these situations to develop and society as a whole needs to take care of it

Yup.

In the meantime, because we're not ready for that kind of systemic change yet, let's at least feed hungry kids."

Absolutely

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

It's in the government's interest to have poor people for a variety of reasons.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

I'll change my ways to stop being poor cos its just that simple."

Get the finger out Lionel!

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I couldn't agree more. If Marcus has made people realise this he's achieved a lot.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"

I'll change my ways to stop being poor cos its just that simple.

Get the finger out Lionel! "

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

To roll up several thread topics all into one, i believe that covid is god's punishment for the human race letting ultra rich bastards run the world while poor people starve.

1. If there weren't poor people working and living in horrible conditions in china, the infection would never have started.

2. If it wasn't for people being rich enough to take foreign holidays gawking at poor people in chinese meat markets, it would never have spread around the world.

3. If it wasn't for rich people deciding it was more important to save a few million back in March than to stop the planes flying and compensate passengers, it would never have entered this country.

Poor people doing the best they can + richer tourists travelling the world + very rich making shitty decisions = pandemic.

It's god's way of telling us we should feed the megarich to the pigs, then feed the pigs to the kids. *vegetarian alternative, use the megarich as mulch to fertilize cornfields.

Reply privately

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

"

So kids deserve the same as adults who are fully grown and can earn money? Kids are literally vulnerable and dependant on adults to care for them. You really really begrudge them food? "

When it comes to adults I'm in don't judge until you've walked a mile in their shoes camp. Not all adults can work, or find suitable work.

When it comes to kids...I don't see it as anything to do with anyone but the parents.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

So kids deserve the same as adults who are fully grown and can earn money? Kids are literally vulnerable and dependant on adults to care for them. You really really begrudge them food?

When it comes to adults I'm in don't judge until you've walked a mile in their shoes camp. Not all adults can work, or find suitable work.

When it comes to kids...I don't see it as anything to do with anyone but the parents.

"

That makes no sense

You are contradicting yourself

Reply privately

By *ooby birdWoman
over a year ago

North West

"It's also nice to see how many pubs and cafes are going to be doing free packed lunches over half term."

Its great how many businesses have stepped up

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Businesses facing intense pressure stepping in.

You would this would shame them..fat chance.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

If both parents have lost their jobs because of covid, should their kids starve?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

"

So bad things can happen to adults and we should have compassion, but when bad things happen to kids, tough shit Junior you're on your own?

That seems backwards. (Not that I'd say tough shit to anyone)

Reply privately

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

I don't agree with supporting the kids but not the adults. All or none

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't agree with supporting the kids but not the adults. All or none"

If you can’t see the difference between a child and an adult there is no hope for you .

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Businesses facing intense pressure stepping in.

You would this would shame them..fat chance."

They don't have shame.

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

We live in an age where mps with butlers tell kids They should go hungry and we cheer them them on.

That's how far down the rabbit hole we are.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't agree with supporting the kids but not the adults. All or none"

The current issue is about starving children.

But I take the point. Can't we advocate for a society where we can look after all vulnerable people?

The current regime seems to have convinced people to riducle anyone who wants things to get better.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't agree with supporting the kids but not the adults. All or none

But I take the point. Can't we advocate for a society where we can look after all vulnerable people?

The current regime seems to have convinced people to riducle anyone who wants things to get better."

Yes.

I'm all for basic living standards and dignity for all.

I recognise that in the current political climate the idea of that kind of safety net is unpopular. I hope that changes.

In the meantime, I still can't believe anyone objects to feeding hungry kids.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The current regime seems to have convinced people to riducle anyone who wants things to get better.

Yes.

I recognise that in the current political climate the idea of that kind of safety net is unpopular. I hope that changes.

In the meantime, I still can't believe anyone objects to feeding hungry kids."

Well quite.

Compared to spaffing hundreds of millions of pounds on defective PPE and what not with companies that the MPs friends and families have just set up. Spending a few quid on some hot meals for starving kids should be an easy decision to make.

Seems not though.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes.

In the meantime, I still can't believe anyone objects to feeding hungry kids.

Well quite.

Compared to spaffing hundreds of millions of pounds on defective PPE and what not with companies that the MPs friends and families have just set up. Spending a few quid on some hot meals for starving kids should be an easy decision to make.

Seems not though."

It should be

Reply privately

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Why do you all give up Netflix or Fab support and feed a few kids, is seeing who’s messaged you or binge watching more important than starving kids ?

it’s very easy moaning at the gov and telling them how to spend our tax , or that they should take a pay cut but just about anyone can help and very few do , very few give regularly to charity by DD any significant amount , but ate quick to say others should

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Why do you all give up Netflix or Fab support and feed a few kids, is seeing who’s messaged you or binge watching more important than starving kids ?

it’s very easy moaning at the gov and telling them how to spend our tax , or that they should take a pay cut but just about anyone can help and very few do , very few give regularly to charity by DD any significant amount , but ate quick to say others should "

You assume that we don't support charity...

Why should it be up to private charity to provide the most basic of necessities to society's most vulnerable? That's how they slip through the gaps.

Reply privately

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

Agreed 100%

Reply privately

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

"Why do you all give up Netflix or Fab support and feed a few kids, is seeing who’s messaged you or binge watching more important than starving kids ?

it’s very easy moaning at the gov and telling them how to spend our tax , or that they should take a pay cut but just about anyone can help and very few do , very few give regularly to charity by DD any significant amount , but ate quick to say others should

Why should it be up to private charity to provide the most basic of necessities to society's most vulnerable? That's how they slip through the gaps."

There are a few of us who donate money to charities on a monthly basis.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Why should it be up to private charity to provide the most basic of necessities to society's most vulnerable? That's how they slip through the gaps.

There are a few of us who donate money to charities on a monthly basis."

Yes. But apparently because not enough do (or not by direct debit - some give in other ways?) then the government shouldn't look after some of the most vulnerable people in society. That doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

I don't pay for Netflix so I don't want my taxes to go to the army?

Reply privately

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

If you can’t see the difference between a child and an adult there is no hope for you . "

Oh I can tell the difference...one of them makes my skin crawl.

Reply privately

over a year ago

as fellow utd fan and south Manchester lad very proud of you Marcus lad also have same birthday

Reply privately

By *osieburnsTV/TS
over a year ago

DIDCOT

They do, most top sports men/women do a vast amount of charity work and support those charities with there own money.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you can’t see the difference between a child and an adult there is no hope for you .

Oh I can tell the difference...one of them makes my skin crawl."

Gosh

Just when you think Fab cant shock you anymore

Reply privately

By *reemindCoolMan
over a year ago

between Barnsley and Wakefield

Very impressive caring guy

everything our politicians should be and very few are

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh I can tell the difference...one of them makes my skin crawl."

Haha, trying to be controversial to seek attention?

Reply privately

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

Haha, trying to be controversial to seek attention? "

Lol. No. I just have a phobia about kids. They make me very uncomfortable.

I also don't see why they should be taking priority in society's decision making.

Reply privately

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I also don't see why they should be taking priority in society's decision making."

Seriously?

Children are completely dependent on adults for their wellbeing and survival.

If you can't see why they should be prioritised over adult's, I am at a loss as to what to say that isn't impolite.

Reply privately

By *inkyInkedBiWoman
over a year ago

I also don't see why they should be taking priority in society's decision making."

You can’t see why they should take priority??

Reply privately

over a year ago

I salute you sir! "

You're talking about the goal vs PSG right? I salute him too!

Reply privately

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Hat of to him he’s doing a fine job he’s not forgotten that he was in that situation once he’s a remarkable young man and a good professional he’s not in the papers for the wrong things he’s a good role model

Reply privately

over a year ago

A phobia? So why didn’t you just say that instead of stating that they make your ‘skin crawl’ , was it to try and shock people. Children take priority because they are more vulnerable , can’t go and earn a living, and are relying on adults to provide and look after them. Even a child hater like yourself must be able to understand that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I also don't see why they should be taking priority in society's decision making.

Seriously?

Children are completely dependent on adults for their wellbeing and survival.

If you can't see why they should be prioritised over adult's, I am at a loss as to what to say that isn't impolite. "

Don’t fall into her trap, she is just trying to be controversial to get attention.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Club Meets Only

I have no words

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Seven out of each ten families who are classed as being in poverty, work..

The whole structure needs looking at..

And the fact that we have the numbers of families we do living below what is the accepted definition of poverty in one of the richest countries on the planet in 2020 is shameful..

Well done Marcus Rashford and shame upon those who voted against against this in parliament..

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Glad to see that MBE didnt buy him off

Great lad

For a manc

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Glad to see that MBE didnt buy him off

Great lad

For a manc

"

Reply privately

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

it’s very easy moaning at the gov and telling them how to spend our tax , or that they should take a pay cut but just about anyone can help and very few do , very few give regularly to charity by DD any significant amount , but ate quick to say others should "

Do you give regularly to charities? I do. I have regular giving at a significant but affordable level. I don't tell people that i do it, unless they directly ask, i own to it here as it seems relevant. I expect that within five minutes there will be someone along to tell me it's "virtue signalling".

I give because i can afford to give some. I don't expect people who are themselves struggling to give to others. I do expect that people who already have enough to keep themselves and their family in luxury for the rest of their lives should do something. And i certainly believe that I'd rather have the government spend part of my tax money on feeding hungry kids, than siphoning a few billion to their brother-in-laws for dodgy ppe contracts.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Do you give regularly to charities? I do. I have regular giving at a significant but affordable level. I don't tell people that i do it, unless they directly ask, i own to it here as it seems relevant. I expect that within five minutes there will be someone along to tell me it's "virtue signalling".

I give because i can afford to give some. I don't expect people who are themselves struggling to give to others. I do expect that people who already have enough to keep themselves and their family in luxury for the rest of their lives should do something. And i certainly believe that I'd rather have the government spend part of my tax money on feeding hungry kids, than siphoning a few billion to their brother-in-laws for dodgy ppe contracts."

I think part of what government should do is take care of vulnerable members of society and invest in the future.

Feeding kids fulfils both of those criteria.

Reply privately

By *appyhumper123Man
over a year ago

hull

I know of lots of kids who need this it used to break my heart when they turned up on weekends at meal times you could see it's the best meals they had for ages, BUT this is open to abuse, my so called mate who has never worked a day in his life has 4 kids, up to date mobiles, big wall mounted telly, 2 2 week long holidays a year him and her smoke and drink has a newer car than me and claims more than I make a month and im not on a bad wage and his response to this was " oh good something else I can claim" he

Discust me sometimes

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I know of lots of kids who need this it used to break my heart when they turned up on weekends at meal times you could see it's the best meals they had for ages, BUT this is open to abuse, my so called mate who has never worked a day in his life has 4 kids, up to date mobiles, big wall mounted telly, 2 2 week long holidays a year him and her smoke and drink has a newer car than me and claims more than I make a month and im not on a bad wage and his response to this was " oh good something else I can claim" he

Discust me sometimes "

Are the children hungry?

Feed them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I know of lots of kids who need this it used to break my heart when they turned up on weekends at meal times you could see it's the best meals they had for ages, BUT this is open to abuse, my so called mate who has never worked a day in his life has 4 kids, up to date mobiles, big wall mounted telly, 2 2 week long holidays a year him and her smoke and drink has a newer car than me and claims more than I make a month and im not on a bad wage and his response to this was " oh good something else I can claim" he

Discust me sometimes "

You can’t tar everyone with the same brush, unfortunately you will always get selfish people who abuse the system

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Discust me sometimes "

Where did he get the money from?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Discust me sometimes "

every form of benefit is open to abuse you only need to look at the MPs expenses scandal to realise that. I don't believe its grounds to stop every MP from claiming expenses though

Reply privately

By *appyhumper123Man
over a year ago

hull

Discust me sometimes

Where did he get the money from?"

Benefits, when you know how to play the system you can get just about whatever you want

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Discust me sometimes

every form of benefit is open to abuse you only need to look at the MPs expenses scandal to realise that. I don't believe its grounds to stop every MP from claiming expenses though"

You can just about to survive on benefits

I'd love to know how someone can afford 2 fuck off holidays a car,£600 phone etc..on benefits?

Reply privately

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Discust me sometimes

Benefits, when you know how to play the system you can get just about whatever you want "

is he entitled to his benefits or is he swinging the lead ? If it’s the latter I’d have no hesitation in reporting him

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Discust me sometimes

Benefits, when you know how to play the system you can get just about whatever you want "

Can you provide some evidence of this please?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Discust me sometimes

I've heard quite a few people say this I wish I'd known how to do it when we were on benefits because we genuinely didn't have enough money to cover our expenses. Luckily we had family who helped us

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Discust me sometimes

Benefits, when you know how to play the system you can get just about whatever you want is he entitled to his benefits or is he swinging the lead ? If it’s the latter I’d have no hesitation in reporting him "

If he doing all that he is working on The side or grafting.. there Is no way you can afford all that on benefits

Reply privately

By *orace99Man
over a year ago

York

It was put to me in very simple terms earlier, from a teacher friend, either you agree it should happen or you are happy to know children go hungry.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Discust me sometimes

every form of benefit is open to abuse you only need to look at the MPs expenses scandal to realise that. I don't believe its grounds to stop every MP from claiming expenses though

I'd love to know how someone can afford 2 fuck off holidays a car,£600 phone etc..on benefits?"

Yes.

But even if this person has mythical lap of luxury benefits...

If his kids are hungry, feed them.

Reply privately

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

Discust me sometimes

I'd love to know how someone can afford 2 fuck off holidays a car,£600 phone etc..on benefits?"

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Discust me sometimes

Benefits, when you know how to play the system you can get just about whatever you want

I've heard quite a few people say this I wish I'd known how to do it when we were on benefits because we genuinely didn't have enough money to cover our expenses. Luckily we had family who helped us"

Exactly

Maybe people should watch I Daniel Blake...a film based on real experiences rather than believe what they read in the daily mail

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

"It was put to me in very simple terms earlier, from a teacher friend, either you agree it should happen or you are happy to know children go hungry."

In one

Instead of bringing nonsense up about living a life of luxury on benefits.

Reply privately

By *appyhumper123Man
over a year ago

hull

Discust me sometimes

I'd love to know how someone can afford 2 fuck off holidays a car,£600 phone etc..on benefits?

Yes.

If his kids are hungry, feed them."

His kids don't go hungry they are well fed

Reply privately

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

Discust me sometimes

Yes.

His kids don't go hungry they are well fed"

sounds like he’s using his benefits well then as I said earlier if he’s entitled to them fair play to him that’s what the benefits system is in place for but if he’s not entitled to them then he needs reporting

Reply privately

over a year ago

Absolutely. Need more people in the public eye like him.

It's just a shame that we need more people in the public eye like him.

Politicians are absolutely shameless.

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 23/10/20 21:48:24]

Reply privately

By *ionelhutzMan
over a year ago

liverpool

Discust me sometimes

Yes.

His kids don't go hungry they are well fed"

Caviar for breakfast presumably?

Reply privately

By *appyhumper123Man
over a year ago

hull

Discust me sometimes

Benefits, when you know how to play the system you can get just about whatever you want is he entitled to his benefits or is he swinging the lead ? If it’s the latter I’d have no hesitation in reporting him

If he doing all that he is working on The side or grafting.. there Is no way you can afford all that on benefits "

he claims benefits as his wife's carer but heres the crazy bit his wife claims as his carer and 2 of the kids, the system is well flawed and they have exploited it for years

Reply privately

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Dispatches - Growing Up Poor: Britain’s breadline kids, which aired by channel 4 in December 2019 might wake up some to this real problem that has only got worse this year

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nobody ever has a pop at the benefits that rich people get. Subsidised bars in the Houses of Parliament, ability to negotiate your way out of paying tax. The civil list.

Which one of the royals was it that lived in Kensington Palace for £79 a week from 1979 until 2003 when they changed the law?

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Discust me sometimes

Benefits, when you know how to play the system you can get just about whatever you want is he entitled to his benefits or is he swinging the lead ? If it’s the latter I’d have no hesitation in reporting him

If he doing all that he is working on The side or grafting.. there Is no way you can afford all that on benefits he claims benefits as his wife's carer but heres the crazy bit his wife claims as his carer and 2 of the kids, the system is well flawed and they have exploited it for years"

So report them.

Because abuse of welfare is rare, and income inequality and struggling to feed children isn't.

Reply privately

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

"

A phobia? So why didn’t you just say that instead of stating that they make your ‘skin crawl’ , was it to try and shock people. "

No it wasn't. By saying 'they make my skin crawl' I thought it would be clear that I was phobic about them. Wasn't intentionally trying to shock.

Reply privately