Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

London congestion extention

Jump to newest

By *ook OP   Man
over a year ago

london

Ok I am officially confused...easily done these days but perhaps someone could put the record straight on the plans to extend the zones around London....

So we have central congestion zone and we have ulez currently... my hybrid car is ulez exempt but I still have to pay conjestion charge as my car co2 rating was changed. So my question is if the zones extend around London is it the conjestion or the ulez that’s expanding or both??? And lastly if my car is not compliant just what cars will you actually need to own to avoid paying £££ to drive? Feel that this is being quietly introduced whilst everyone attention is on other things.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ighorn2006Man
over a year ago

Ceredigion / N France

Can't say about the charge extension but on what car you need ?

Peddle powered or a milk float probably

They just don't want cars in their cities

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

If the government get their way the congestion charge zone will be expanded out to the north/south circular as part of the TFL bailout

Re ULEZ, that is due to be expanded in October 2021 up to but not including the north/south circular. My understanding is that any exemptions for this disappear altogether around 2025 so everyone will pay this charge

If you go to TfL you’ll find all the info you need and I don’t believe there is any vehicle that exempts you from both charges at present

By *ook OP   Man
over a year ago

london

Thank you shorty...it seems that eventually cars will become a complete luxury... already mothballed a motorbike bought for commute and then found to be economically unusable 2 years later due to ulez...then went from diesel to Prius and found the co2 rating had been changed so it was no longer as green as it first was! Seems like tfl is in crisis on all fronts!

Post new Message to Thread