Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How did it go?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

do you mean compensation or army rat packs?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ok you got me what is compo?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

thought it was a new std

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"Ok you got me what is compo? "
army rations ,they are vile

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"Ok you got me what is compo? "
... the guy off Last of the Summer Wine!

over a year ago

Sorry I mean compensation for an accident that you didn't ask for.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Thought it was a Last of the Summer Wine Thread....was waiting for Nora Batty to contribute

over a year ago

Wasn't he in last of the summer wine?

over a year ago

"Thought it was a Last of the Summer Wine Thread....was waiting for Nora Batty to contribute "

They were at it like rabbits, those two.

over a year ago

"Thought it was a Last of the Summer Wine Thread....was waiting for Nora Batty to contribute "

Damn you beat me too it.

over a year ago

If you mean compo food was eating things from the packs from about 4 years old, the tinned cheese and biscuits were great and loved the sweets and chocolate. Dad was in the navy and then married an army chef

over a year ago

hahaaaah the thought of someone shagging a scruffy oik with a tea cosy on his head! Love the humour on here at times

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Sorry I mean compensation for an accident that you didn't ask for. "

what, you had an accident you never wanted??

speak to the accident branch of your local police m8..

shocking..

over a year ago

Bugger and there was me thinking compo food

over a year ago

Never asked for an accident in my life !

over a year ago

No no not that scruffy compo I mean compensation for someone twating you with a a plank of a building site.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"hahaaaah the thought of someone shagging a scruffy oik with a tea cosy on his head! Love the humour on here at times "

You know my ex?????

over a year ago

"Sorry I mean compensation for an accident that you didn't ask for.

Never asked for an accident in my life ! "

Neither did I and I am still not right

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"had an accident,trip or fall" clumsy bugger

over a year ago

"hahaaaah the thought of someone shagging a scruffy oik with a tea cosy on his head! Love the humour on here at times

You know my ex????? "

Did he wear a tea cosey? No I don't but I am still grinning.

over a year ago

Neither did I and I am still not right "

Long time ago was it?

over a year ago

Long time ago was it? "

Last week they dropped a plank and it hit me and I had stitches

over a year ago

i did i was hit by a car about 4 years ago now, i was on a push bike in the cycle lane and while going across the junction a guy in a works van didnt even slow down he just drove straight out and hit me

Turns out he was on his phone and said he didnt even realise he was coming upto a junction never mind saw me

I was in quite a bad way, they said he was doing about 50MPH as he came thro the junction and i was going quite fast too as it was down hill so was quite a heavy crash

I put a claim in and won, its actually amazing what you can claim for when they go into it with you, you can actually claim for loss of sex drive and thats no joke

over a year ago

""had an accident,trip or fall" clumsy bugger"

I had an accident and it wasn't my fault

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"hahaaaah the thought of someone shagging a scruffy oik with a tea cosy on his head! Love the humour on here at times

You know my ex?????

Did he wear a tea cosey? No I don't but I am still grinning. "

Think Mike Nesmith out of the Monkees, older, uglier, definately not as rich, and a thieving twat to boot.....also we weren't compatible astrologically speaking - I'm an Aries, he was a tosser

By *tensonSwingersCouple
over a year ago

Stenson Fields

Well, i have never had compensation for an accident that I never asked for, after all if I asked for it, it wouldn't have been an accident! By the same token, I have never had compensation given to me without asking for it.

I have recieved compensation for injuries sustained both in a motorcycle accident and also an industrial accident, however I had to ask for compensation (rather my lawyer did) as they were unwilling I guess to offer it freely.

over a year ago

"No no not that scruffy compo I mean compensation for someone twating you with a a plank of a building site. "

It depends how concrete your claim is, as it happened on site was all the proper paper work filled in at the time and management informed? Also medical reports too back it up.

over a year ago

Well, i have never had compensation for an accident that I never asked for, after all if I asked for it, it wouldn't have been an accident! By the same token, I have never had compensation given to me without asking for it.

I have recieved compensation for injuries sustained both in a motorcycle accident and also an industrial accident, however I had to ask for compensation (rather my lawyer did) as they were unwilling I guess to offer it freely. "

I only want to claim for time off work and new clothes can you do it yourself or do you need a lawyer?

over a year ago

"No no not that scruffy compo I mean compensation for someone twating you with a a plank of a building site.

It depends how concrete your claim is, as it happened on site was all the proper paper work filled in at the time and management informed? Also medical reports too back it up. "

No I don't work there I was walking past this building and it fell off and hit me on the side of my head and back and knocked me out.

I was told I should claim but not sure if its worth it or if I should talk to the building company for new clothes and loosing pay.

over a year ago

I have recieved compensation for injuries sustained both in a motorcycle accident and also an industrial accident, however I had to ask for compensation (rather my lawyer did) as they were unwilling I guess to offer it freely.

I only want to claim for time off work and new clothes can you do it yourself or do you need a lawyer? "

I never expected a topic of ''have you had an accident at work?''

over a year ago

I am waiting for compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compo after being hit over the head..........

over a year ago

"No no not that scruffy compo I mean compensation for someone twating you with a a plank of a building site.

It depends how concrete your claim is, as it happened on site was all the proper paper work filled in at the time and management informed? Also medical reports too back it up.

No I don't work there I was walking past this building and it fell off and hit me on the side of my head and back and knocked me out.

I was told I should claim but not sure if its worth it or if I should talk to the building company for new clothes and loosing pay. "

Like I say you have too be able too back it up, the hse should of been involved by the site management if it was a properly run site. You won't get far without a lawyer if It's a big firm, if you do talk too them make sure everything is done in writing and you keep copies of everything.

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

see a lawyer - dont talk to them yourself

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

You can do it yourself but don't start off too low.

over a year ago

I was told I should claim but not sure if its worth it or if I should talk to the building company for new clothes and loosing pay.

Like I say you have too be able too back it up, the hse should of been involved by the site management if it was a properly run site. You won't get far without a lawyer if It's a big firm, if you do talk too them make sure everything is done in writing and you keep copies of everything. "

Evidence is ok as people watched it happen and called ambulance and I had 30 stitches so all on record its wear to start as i was told lots of these companies doing no charge no fee are shisters

over a year ago

"You can do it yourself but don't start off too low."

I am not after a lot its new clothes and I am no sick for a week or maybe more

over a year ago

Maybe look on Money saving expert dot com. He's pretty good, I know he's done articles on the dodgy 'no win no fee' brigade. Hope you feel better soon. They should get into trouble for rubbish health and safety.

over a year ago

Like I say you have too be able too back it up, the hse should of been involved by the site management if it was a properly run site. You won't get far without a lawyer if It's a big firm, if you do talk too them make sure everything is done in writing and you keep copies of everything.

Evidence is ok as people watched it happen and called ambulance and I had 30 stitches so all on record its wear to start as i was told lots of these companies doing no charge no fee are shisters "

I know It's a bit old hat now but citizens advice are always on hand too helpv

over a year ago

"Maybe look on Money saving expert dot com. He's pretty good, I know he's done articles on the dodgy 'no win no fee' brigade. Hope you feel better soon. They should get into trouble for rubbish health and safety. "

Cool I never though of looking there Hopefully better soon back at hospital next Monday.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Long time ago was it?

Last week they dropped a plank and it hit me and I had stitches "

Apologies in advance but i was watching and i too was in stitches.

over a year ago

Evidence is ok as people watched it happen and called ambulance and I had 30 stitches so all on record its wear to start as i was told lots of these companies doing no charge no fee are shisters

I know It's a bit old hat now but citizens advice are always on hand too helpv "

I only want a small claim for loss no more but rang one and they said go for thousands and keep pestering me now to sign with them.

over a year ago

Long time ago was it?

Last week they dropped a plank and it hit me and I had stitches

Apologies in advance but i was watching and i too was in stitches. "

Were you in Leeds last Friday? Wow small world!

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I did... About 17 yrs ago.. This was before all the no win no fee mobs

It was after a car accident and the other driver had been found guilty of dangerous driving.. Was pretty certain I would win, so got a lawyer (knowing the other party would be responsible for the legal fees / it would be taken into account in the comp)

I did win.... And spent it on a pile of rubbish lol..Seems such a smart idea to blow thousand when you're 18 lol

over a year ago

"I did... About 17 yrs ago.. This was before all the no win no fee mobs

It was after a car accident and the other driver had been found guilty of dangerous driving.. Was pretty certain I would win, so got a lawyer (knowing the other party would be responsible for the legal fees / it would be taken into account in the comp)

I did win.... And spent it on a pile of rubbish lol..Seems such a smart idea to blow thousand when you're 18 lol"

Its not good when yo are minding your own business and you get bashed by accident. I cant drive for a week maybe more so no work and no bonus.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Seriously, BofS :

If you really only wish to claim a fair and modest amount, new clothes, a weeks pay say, you are better off writing to the company involved pointing out your injuries, the abundant witnesses and that your claim is a modest one, much cheaper and easier for them to settle than the hassle of Court proceedings.

(Which on your account, with witnesses, they can only lose).

BUT : consider what then happens if medical complications set in at a later date?

By all means seek legal advice and representation.

over a year ago

I did win.... And spent it on a pile of rubbish lol..Seems such a smart idea to blow thousand when you're 18 lol

Its not good when yo are minding your own business and you get bashed by accident. I cant drive for a week maybe more so no work and no bonus. "

Want your boo boo kissing better?

over a year ago

Was it on a building site.

WEre you inducted by the main contractor.

is there a report in the accident book.

if the answer is yes then you may be able to claim , if negligance can be proven.

You need to speak to a solicitor, ring one of the no win no fee adds and see what they say

over a year ago

forgot to say, you are not claiming from the contractor, but their insurance company, if they have it.

over a year ago

"Was it on a building site.

WEre you inducted by the main contractor.

is there a report in the accident book.

if the answer is yes then you may be able to claim , if negligance can be proven.

You need to speak to a solicitor, ring one of the no win no fee adds and see what they say"

No I was on the pavement waling past back to the car and got hit out of the sky bosh! It was in the afternoon and not sure if they put it in an accident book as I went in an ambulance to get mended. Its not the sort of thing that happens every week so its where to start, I am not looking for pot of gold just lost wages and clothes damage really. I was looking round first before contacting them to see what they say.

over a year ago

Its not good when yo are minding your own business and you get bashed by accident. I cant drive for a week maybe more so no work and no bonus.

Want your boo boo kissing better? "

Yes please but have another boo boo that could do a kiss

over a year ago

The contractor has a duty of care to protect the general public from this sort of thing, if the site was not fenced off then they are in breach of hse law and you have a case against them, however, a solicitor will not take the case on for a couple of hundred pounds compensation as they will not get their fees paid by the third party.

over a year ago

"The contractor has a duty of care to protect the general public from this sort of thing, if the site was not fenced off then they are in breach of hse law and you have a case against them, however, a solicitor will not take the case on for a couple of hundred pounds compensation as they will not get their fees paid by the third party."

Never though of it not been worth it for them. The people i rang said it would be lots more but wasn't looking to make on it. The building was fenced off but it was a high building and the plank came off and hit me on the other side of the road. I know its not my fault but not sure if its theirs as I am not a legal eagle.

By *adgeeMan
over a year ago

Sw Scotland

[Removed by poster at 04/07/12 01:04:30]

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"The contractor has a duty of care to protect the general public from this sort of thing, if the site was not fenced off then they are in breach of hse law and you have a case against them, however, a solicitor will not take the case on for a couple of hundred pounds compensation as they will not get their fees paid by the third party."

I have had a big claim that took 3 years to process and that's not correct. A good no win no fee solicitor will take the claim either way.

You take out insurance against losing so they claim their costs on that if you lose. If you win their fee's are considered part of the costs and because you won the other parties insurance company have to pay all costs.

To the Op, you need to seek a good solicitor it doesn't matter the size of the claim. Ask them for examples of previous cases. Ask them how the fee system works and if it is not as above seek another.

You need to record everything that happened that day and since involving the incident. You need a record of events including medical appointments, telephone conversations, what was said to you on the day by anyone onthe site, the whole 9 yards.

You also need contact details of every witness.

You could try writing to the company if they are amiable it will be a hell of a lot quicker!

However if you get further complications or issues you could be stuffed because they won't hand over money without you signing to say you are not pursuing them in this matter anymore.

Also you may then effect your case if you do choose to go to a solicitor after your approach to them fails.

It seems like a lot because it is and if you claim in court that's what you'll need to do.

Good luck... I hope your patient if you go for it...

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

The main contractor should be accountable for this sort of thing and then ultimately the scaffolding firm involved in this gross negligence.

Push it as far as you can, & keep us informed.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I work in personal injury, people try and claim for everything from falling of a train by not "minding the gap" to falling off the pavement after a night on the piss. You need someone to blame before you make a claim. If the other side denies liability it can drag on for years.

There is no question of liability in this case.

You have three years to lodge, I wouldn't delay. It's not a matter of claiming thousands there is a scale of compensation you'd be entitled to. You'll also be left with a permanent scar. Choose a firm of solicitors that will take you on on a no win no fee basis. Also ensure it's a firm that will give you 100% of any compensation received. Finally choose a firm that doesn't just do personal injury, the one trick pony firms tend to be conveyor belt organisations.

Don't underplay your suffering and loss. Companies have a duty of care to the public and must be penalised when they fail. You're a strapping lad and was knocked for six. Suppose it had been a baby in A pram or an elderly person?

I hope you make a full and speedy recovery.

over a year ago

"forgot to say, you are not claiming from the contractor, but their insurance company, if they have it."

Initially you are writing to the contractor, they will pass your letter on to their insurance company.

As I understand it, you were only walking past the building site. This means that you have a potential public liability claim for which the contractors will have insurance. Google 'personal injury pre action protocol and there is a suggested letter that you can send to the contractor.

You might want to inform them that, at this stage, all you require are damages for clothing and lost earnings but if they drag it out and play silly buggers you'll be asking for damages for personal injury too!!! Good luck.

over a year ago

We had to go through the cast of last of the summer wine and army rations to get a sensible answer well done scarlet lol

over a year ago

Yup

I claimed when I was hit from behind with such force that it pushed my car into the one in front.

My car was a write off but thankfully no one was hurt beyond whiplash and aches and pains.

It took some time and hospital visits to get settled as I didn't accept the initial offer.

I have been in minor accidents both before and after and not claimed, but in this instance I was genuinely both injured and inconvenienced by someone elses actions.

over a year ago

Go to citizens advice as they are there to help. There are many companies out there who will take on your case with no fee to you its just a matter of choosing carefully.

over a year ago

They have promised me thousands but I think its all bull! Time will tell when I get my bag of gold

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"They have promised me thousands but I think its all bull! Time will tell when I get my bag of gold "
just watch theres no leprechaun attached!

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"They have promised me thousands but I think its all bull! Time will tell when I get my bag of gold "

Be careful when you do. Wouldn't want you to be mugged by someone with a piece of 4 x 2.

over a year ago

"They have promised me thousands but I think its all bull! Time will tell when I get my bag of gold

Be careful when you do. Wouldn't want you to be mugged by someone with a piece of 4 x 2. "

I'm not I am using a no fee ones that is going to sue the shit out of them bastards that didn't nail their boards on.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Will you then be the new Golden Balls

over a year ago

"They have promised me thousands but I think its all bull! Time will tell when I get my bag of gold

Will you then be the new Golden Balls "

Platinum ones maybe

Post new Message to Thread